shape
carat
color
clarity

Spacer ring metal type?

Grilledcheese

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone :)

I apologise if I’m posting in the wrong forum.

I have just purchased a vintage palladium/18k white gold diamond band which I’m hoping to pair with my platinum diamond band. The vintage band has milgrain and a lot of detail around the sides so I’m thinking a spacer might not be a bad idea but really unsure what metal to choose.

Would white gold or platinum be better? I’ve seen some people getting sterling silver as an alternative since it’s softer too.

Thank you :)

I haven’t gotten the ring yet, I’ll make sure to post photos once I do :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone :)

I apologise if I’m posting in the wrong forum.

I have just purchased a vintage palladium/18k white gold diamond band which I’m hoping to pair with my platinum diamond band. The vintage band has milgrain and a lot of detail around the sides so I’m thinking a spacer might not be a bad idea but really unsure what metal to choose.

Would white gold or platinum be better? I’ve seen some people getting sterling silver as an alternative since it’s softer too.

Thank you :)

I haven’t gotten the ring yet, I’ll make sure to post photos once I do :)

I purchased a 14k white gold knife edge band from Blue Nile. It is pretty discrete because of the knife edge. I wear it a lot. I have an 18k white gold engagement ring..I also have an alternative engagement ring in platinum. The 14k white gold is perfect for a spacer. Silver really isn’t because it’s softer. It will develop burrs if it rubs against something like a diamond or milgrain. That will eventually scratch whatever is next to it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
People often buy a silver one just to trial the style to see if it suits them

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results