shape
carat
color
clarity

Sourcing Melee

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Hello again!

I'm looking to source two 2mm and six 1.3mm J-L stones. Where can I go/who can I ask?
There was a melee thread I found that dated a while back, perhaps things have changed?
I've asked Wink Jones, is there anyone else who I should contact?

Merci! :)

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know the answer but I'm curious as well. Maybe Brian Gavin?

Could you add a link to the old melee thread? I'd love to read it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're planning to actually do anythign with these stones, you should confirm with your jeweller that you need/are permitted to bring your own melee for his/her use. Many jewellers will use only their own melee, and the vast majority prefer to provide their own.. stones of these sizes are inexpensive, most of the cost is in the metal and labour.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
iota15 said:
I don't know the answer but I'm curious as well. Maybe Brian Gavin?

Could you add a link to the old melee thread? I'd love to read it.

I'll definitely ask him! Thanks. Here is the old thread I perused through: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/melee-stones.50414/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/melee-stones.50414/[/URL]

Yssie, I was actually given the option to source it myself from the jeweler. Rare, I know, but at this rate, perhaps I'll just five her the green light to source her own. Many companies sell melee, but in minimum bundles of $1,500. :o Since I need a maximum of 10 stones, it's practically impossible to find.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wakingdreams53 said:
Many companies sell melee, but in minimum bundles of $1,500. :o Since I need a maximum of 10 stones, it's practically impossible to find.

I would think that anyone in the trade would be willing to sell you melee. Stuller sells several grades of melee, to nearly anyone in the U.S., and so any shop that you walk into should be willing to sell it to you. There are other sources who are somewhat less expensive and equally easy to find, so this should not be a problem at all. Most bench folks have this stuff on hand for repairs and as excess from prior jobs as well. I'm surprised that your jeweler isn't wanting to provide these as they probably have them sitting in their safe anyway.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results