shape
carat
color
clarity

Sorry I''ve been MIA lately...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock

Had to take a little break, LIWitis was starting to get to me. Now, it''s worse than ever! As you guys know, he''s had the ring since October, and we had a talk and he needed more time to get his plan ready. Well, we''re getting ready to go to his Grandma''s for Easter, and we''re going up a day early to go into NYC (my absolute favorite place in the world) (she lives right outside the city on Long Island). I’ve been begging him to take me into the city for months, and he never really said yes or no, just a maybe. This trip was all his idea. I keep teetering back and forth on “I think it’s going to happen” then to “I don’t think it’s going to happen” and I can’t stop thinking about it. I have been getting ideas of what to do, where to go, and when I asked him what he wanted to do, he says “The only thing I definitely want to do is go to Central Park”. As soon as he says this, my mind rewinds to a night where he had a few two many and I had a few too few and he told me that he was going to propose to me in Central Park. I took this with a grain of salt at the time, because we had no impending trips planned, and this was before the rush of the holidays, so I figured it would have happened by the time we made it up there. Well, here we are. Half a day away from leaving to go up there – I have nothing left to plan, just time to sit and ponder. Will it? Won’t it? I’m not getting my expectations up – because I want to go and have a beautiful day with my love, and not ruin it because it didn’t happen when I thought it was going to.

The other thing that leads me to believe it might happen is my best friend saw him the same night we decided to take our trip, and when I mentioned the possibility – the what ifs – she said “I hope you have a beautiful day”. And nothing else! I wouldn’t expect her to tell me if she knew – but normally she’d be daydreaming right along with me…

So, Ladies, I need your dust. Tons of it. Drop it off the top of the Empire State Building for me!!! Have some waiting in Central Park! And at the Top of the Rock!!!

Oh, and congrats to everyone who got engaged! Sorry I missed it before!!!

And, sandia_rose, how did everything turn out?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
ill send you some fairy dust but i wont drop it off the empire state building! its just that i heard dropping things off there can kill a person on the ground and i wouldnt want that to spoil your day lol :)

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so envious!!!! NYC!!!! I hope it happens...*dust, dust, dust*...

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Super EXCITING!!!!

I''m sending you piles of fairy dust!!!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
oooohhhh how exciting!!! Sending tons of dust your way!!
36.gif
36.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love drunken boy confessions. I will be sure to drop off some engagement dust in the park when i go running (if it stops raining). Maybe I''ll even dust a horse & carriage for ya!
2.gif

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Horse and carriage would be good, I think we''ll be taking one... His idea, too. :)

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Not to build you up or anything, but my friend got engaged during a horse and carriage ride in Central Park, and it was totally romantic. Her BF at the time arranged to have the driver pull over so they could get out and he could get down on bended knee and tell her wonderful things and then the driver took pictures.
1.gif

Also, the Apple store that''s open 24/7 is just outside of the park, so even if you''re there at night you can go and use their free internet access to come report back to us here at PS as soon as it happens. Just a suggestion.

Good luck!!

sandia_rose

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 1:55:35 PM
Author:sweetjettagirl04

And, sandia_rose, how did everything turn out?
Which part?

The vacation was great. We have a fun time...no fights or tension. What I decided I'm going to do with my BF for now is just sit and wait and see. I really thought about things on vacation, and at the end of the day, this is the man I want....not someone else. If he's not ready to get married, fine. And as my best friend pointed out, I don't want additional children and have enough resources to live just fine on my own...so why the rush to get married?

About last week's funny incident with the Long Island Iced Teas? Oh, that blew over. Nothing more was said/insinuated.

And interesting news! Remember I mentioned to you ladies that there really isn't enough room in his house for me to move in? WELL, I happened to stop by his house last night. Wasn't planning to...but I'd left something I needed there. Meanwhile, there is a class I'm planning to take - the school will accept faxed registration/payment forms. Which is good, considering that I'd waste my whole lunch hour trying to do it in person at the school. So I asked him if I could use his office fax machine. He said, "Sure." So, I go into the office, loaded the fax machine...and on the desk was what looked like the plan of his house...plus another portion drawn in. And there were Post-Its stuck all over it with numbers and dollar figures. I faxed my forms and asked him which builder he was doing the plans for (my BF is a contractor, so plans are always on the desk, plus, his style of house is very common). He said, "Me. That's this house. Can't you tell?" So I said, "Oh?" And he said, "You'd mentioned one time that this house is too small for you to move into, and I agree with you. So, given that the Fed dropped interest rates again and I have a big tax refund coming, this is a great time for me to take care of that. I've been talking to some of my builders this week...seeing if we can barter and make a deal and get an addition put on before the end of the summer. I figure I can at least get the foundation dug and the thing framed out by May, and I could have it usable, with electric and plumbing, by August or September."

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I said, "But wait a second. Um...I can't just move in with you without a formal commitment. We haven't talked more about that....."

So he chuckled and said, "One thing at a time. I'm thinking about all that. But since warm weather is coming and the price is right, I have to tackle this first."

So I said, "What about all this business....I'm not feeling it...you're not sure you want to get married....yada yada."

And he said, "I'm an @ss. Let's just say that I've been doing a whole lot of thinking about what's important and what I want and let's leave it at that for now. But yeah. Those are what I was looking to do and all the stickys are the material costs."

Not sure what to think of all that - just gonna hang and wait and see. I will say that the plans being on the desk were not a set-up. I hadn't been over there all week and he had no clue I was going over last night, either.

Bridget in Connecticut..

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 3:04:11 PM
Author: TheBigT
Not to build you up or anything, but my friend got engaged during a horse and carriage ride in Central Park, and it was totally romantic. Her BF at the time arranged to have the driver pull over so they could get out and he could get down on bended knee and tell her wonderful things and then the driver took pictures.
1.gif

Also, the Apple store that''s open 24/7 is just outside of the park, so even if you''re there at night you can go and use their free internet access to come report back to us here at PS as soon as it happens. Just a suggestion.

Good luck!!
Hahahaha TheBigT!!I laughed my ass off when I read the part about the Apple store.

''You know, since you''ll be in the area and all. Just a thought.''

Hee hee...btw, I think it''s a great idea. You don''t have to take any pictures or anything...you know, just drop a note...
9.gif

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm, good to know about the Apple store, good to know. Hopefully his dad will have his laptop so I can sneak in - IF anything happens...

sandia, I''m glad everything is falling into place. He''d be dumb to let you go!

Thanks to all for all your well wishes! I''m outta work in an hour and then home to pack!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for threadjacking sweetjetta (I like the Jetta too
1.gif
). Sandia, can I say I''m SUPER excited for you!!!!!??????
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I will be expecting more updates as the months go by
27.gif

sandia_rose

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 3:24:23 PM
Author: sweetjettagirl04
Hmmmm, good to know about the Apple store, good to know. Hopefully his dad will have his laptop so I can sneak in - IF anything happens...

sandia, I''m glad everything is falling into place. He''d be dumb to let you go!

Thanks to all for all your well wishes! I''m outta work in an hour and then home to pack!
Thank you!
1.gif

Oh...I forgot! I''m only one state over from you, so if you see this big-ass silver sparkly cloud flying your way, that would be miracle dust from me.

If you think about it, there is a FAB restaurant in NYC that you can hit right afterward''s -- Carmine''s on West 44th. "Carmine''s simple and very popular concept is to serve every meal in the style of an Italian American wedding feast - which means large portions of home-style antipasti, pastas, seafood and meat entrees served on large platters designed for sharing. And when we say large, we mean large. An entree here could easily feed three to four average eaters." They have old-school bartenders - guys in red jackets with bartending tools in suitcases - so if you just got engaged, they''ll treat you right!

Bridget in Connecticut..

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Dust coming up.............

wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif

I''m really excited for you!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I just sent a truckload over and had them dump it in the park.

Good luck!!! Can''t wait to hear about the trip!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of dust your way!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Sending dust your way :) GL

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Sending truckloads of dust to NYC! Good luck!!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Best of luck to you, sweetjettagirl! I am super excited for you and I hope your weekend goes beautifully, proposal or not!

Sending lots of PS dust to both you and Sandia!

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Dear SJG
Have an AMAZING weekend in NYC, and i hope hope hope this is it!!! I think my number will be up this weekend too! I hope we are both right!!!

ENJOY IT!!!!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Thank you soooo much for all the dust! I''m keeping it on me, just in case! I''m getting all our stuff ready and the car packed up!!! I''m sooo excited!

Sandia - I LOVE CARMINES!!! I prefer the location on the Upper West Side, it''s not as busy as the one on 44th. My mom, sister and I tried going to that one after we saw Wicked and we couldn''t get in - and that was at 4 pm! We''ll be traveling to little Italy for a late lunch/early dinner!!

I''m off! Hopefully I''ll be back with good news!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
So exciting!!! Can''t wait to hear what happens! Have a GREAT trip!!!!
36.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck!! NYC would be so romantic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results