shape
carat
color
clarity

Something odd about this Cartier Love 3-diamond ring

maplenight

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I just noticed something odd about this Cartier Love 3-diamond ring I got from an auction. One of the diamond is not centered! More precisely, one diamond is very close to one screw, and the rest two diamonds and two screws are evenly placed. Why? It's my first Love, lol, so I have no idea. But how odd!

I've had it for a couple of months but I never questioned its authenticity. The diamonds seem to be of really good quality and most importantly, it has been engraved 'Sammy 14.12.2012'... Who would engrave a fake ring?!

It's also marked 'Cartier 750 - 54' inside. I tried and tried but didn't succeed any other photo with markings. Sorry...

IMG_2604.JPG

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it was resized in the past?

maplenight

Rough_Rock
Hummm it seems to be a possible explanation. I will just go to Cartier and ask... Thank you!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I’d put my money on it being resized. Sure, fake Cartier rings exist but even the “worst” of them can manage to get the spacing relatively even.
That serial number will equate to an item and they’ll know the size the ring was sold in.

maplenight

Rough_Rock
Wow you are so smart! Actually the stamped size is 54 and now it's very obviously a 52 (I know my fingers, lol). :)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Easy, a size 54 French is a US 6 1/2. If your ring is smaller than a 6 1/2 - bingo - resized.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results