shape
carat
color
clarity

Something fun to share... ~20cts of diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
I found this pic while surfing an old shutterfly album looking for shots of a different piece of jewelry, and thought it would be fun eye candy to drool over
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

I used to work in the jewelry business. Several years ago, when I was a buyer at a small independent store, we had a family that were all very loyal, longtime customers. When the "baby" son of the family decided it was time to get engaged, all he knew was that he wanted something BIG in a fancy shape - square or cushion. And his gf was open to a white OR yellow diamond. So we pulled out ALL the stops and brought in a gourmande selection of rocks to choose from.

I don''t remember all of the exact specs of each stone 100%, so I''ll give the best of my recollection color-wise (all the stones were VS or better, that much I''m certain of).

Starting off, on my finger is a 3ct fancy yellow radiant flanked by 1ct white half moons, set in platinum and 18k - this was the only ring we brought in complete, it is not my e-ring (I WISH!!!!), but that IS my eensy teensy diamond wedding band hiding in the dark shadow of that amazing yellow radiant
31.gif

Top row, left to right: 2ct antique cushion, I believe a G with a very high crown, almost like an old european with that "disco ball" effect. Didn''t face up as big as the others but it made up for it x10 with how much it sparkled!

Next is a 2.5+ct radiant, I''m pretty sure an H color. That''s all I remember about it though
1.gif

Then we have a totally drool-worthy 2.75ct F VVS2 asscher, royal crown with 5 pavillion facets (instead of the usual 3), that stone was like looking into an endless pool of water. I remember the details exactly because this particular customer didn''t end up purchasing this stone, it was instead sold to a friend of a friend and I get to still see it every now and then
36.gif

Bottom row, left to right: a totally rapper-video bling-worthy 3ct I color princess, full of fire with an almost near-perfect square ratio.

Then we have a fancy light yellow cushion, I am pretty sure this one was over 3cts, maybe 3 and a quarter, it was a non cert but boy was it gorgeous, a total bargain stone.

Last was a ~2.5ct rectangle cushion but this one had that gorgeous chunky faceting that makes my heart go
18.gif

Want to guess which one he ended up with???
37.gif
I already gave one hint
5.gif

lotsadiamondsonmahand.jpg

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! So much bling! Did he pick the set one?

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
ooh, pretty! i hope he picked the FLY cushion... to me, that one really stands out from the bunch!
30.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m guessing the ready made ring! Takes all the guesswork out of how a stone will look when set!

Thanks for sharing - I''m sure any of them would have made her a happy girl!

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Haha, 2 correct guesses already! Yes, being a typical man (which is neither good nor bad, just a fact!), he went for the 3ct fancy yellow, set and ready to go!
25.gif

She was, as you may imagine, elated
3.gif

As for the others...who knows, maybe they eventually found their way to a ps-ers finger, since all but that ring and the asscher were returned to the diamond wholesalers
26.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
WOW. What a lucky girl she was! Not to mention you, getting to hold them all...I''d have been able to die happy with that handful of diamonds.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a lucky girl! Gorgeous picture!
30.gif
Thanks for sharing.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG what a spectacular lineup
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks for sharing that with us - the ring he chose is beautiful, but I''m with you, I would have chosen that cushion - YUM
18.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 10:27:53 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
OMG what a spectacular lineup
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks for sharing that with us - the ring he chose is beautiful, but I''m with you, I would have chosen that cushion - YUM
18.gif
Ditto! Totally droolworth! Thanks for sharing that bling!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh how fun! love the cushion!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Those stones are to die for! I love that yellow cushion!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing! And I really like your wedding band...can you tell us more about it?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What great eyecandy to wake up to!! eeinie, meenie, miny, mo......... Ah forget it! I love them all!!!
30.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
That is some gorgeous eye candy. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Canary!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ugh to have that buttery glitter! I want one!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh, that Asscher! Swoon!!!!

You said your friend of a friend got it? Do you happen to have any pics/details of how it was set?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
YUMMY!
18.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Yummy is right! I can''t even choose what''s my favorite!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Mmmm... Eye candy!
18.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! I want one of each! :)

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 9:02:24 AM
Author: steph72276
Thanks for sharing! And I really like your wedding band...can you tell us more about it?

Hey Steph, don''t know if you''re checking this thread still or not - my wedding band is a teeny, tiny eternity band in 18k white gold, each stone is a round full-cut diamond about ~1mm, and the tcw is roughly 1/3ct. There''s also antique-style hand engraving around the sides but I don''t think you can see that in the picture.

Funny thing though, I actually know VERY little about the ring!!! I bought it at a little jewelry store while on vacation a few months before my wedding, and the little old lady working at the store couldn''t tell me anything since the owner was away too! I just never followed up since it didn''t really matter to me and I wasn''t going to go back and return it or anything
25.gif
. It''s a mystery! Since it is an eternity ring it is fully drilled through, so there are no stampings or hallmarks other than 18k and the word "Legacy" spelled out around the drill holes. I tried looking online but never found anything that seemed to solve the puzzle
28.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yummy! He made a lovely choice, that ring is gorgeous!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I would have gone for the fancy light yellow cushion!! You know, bargain shopper and all!!
emwink.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info! I really love it and am on the search for a dainty eternity band as well. Maybe I should check out some antique stores. Anyway, thanks again and lovely rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results