shape
carat
color
clarity

Something blue--help adding sapphires to my life!

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking to get something sapphire for my upcoming wedding, but I'm a bit stumped as to what to do. I'm tossing around a few options:

- Adding some sapphire stations next to the clasp of my current diamond by the yard bracelet (this would definitely be the least expensive and the easiest, since I wear my DBTY every day). Would I be OK to source them via Whiteflash, or should I find them myself?
- Upgrading to a DBTY chain for my cross that I wear every day, and adding sapphires by the clasp as well. (Budget permitting, I have a quote in at Whiteflash but I think this will be way, way over budget)
- Getting some sapphire studs (I really like these from Yvonne, any thoughts?).

Thoughts?

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
When I was planning what I was going to wear for my wedding, I had a similar dilemma. I knew I wanted to wear sapphires and ultimately decided on the following items:
-a white gold and diamond pendant with a custom cut unheated violetish-blue sapphire center stone
-platinum and grey pearl studs with violetish-blue and diamond accents
-white gold and white South Sea pearl drop earring enhancers with diamond and sapphire accents

Originally, I had planned on only having the sapphire pendant. I think that if you are going to pick one sapphire item it should have visual impact in your photos and in person.

When I thought I was only going to wear one sapphire item, I decided that the one item should be the pendant because it was going to show up and be noticeable in my pictures and when people were looking at me, it would be obvious, as well. I think you could have a lot of visual impact with a necklace IMG_1350.JPG image-5.jpeg or earrings, especially if you are going to have your hair away from your ears.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, gosh, I am such a practical girl! I love gingercurls’ idea, but my first thought was, get the studs, you can wear them FOREVER!

Congratulations, Grymera!

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Wow that pendant is stunning! I want to wear my existing cross necklace because I never take it off, otherwise that would be a great idea.

Oh, gosh, I am such a practical girl! I love gingercurls’ idea, but my first thought was, get the studs, you can wear them FOREVER!

Congratulations, Grymera!

Where's the best place to look for them? I'm a bit lost!

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
I would ask Yvonne Raley on Etsy. She is able to source sapphire pairs and have them set into a setting of your choice. I️ requested a pair of unheated violetish Blue sapphires from her a few months ago and the earrings turned out great. She is able to work with any budget and I️ received the earrings in two weeks after I️ initially contacted her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results