shape
carat
color
clarity

Someone help me out with this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreamycastle

Rough_Rock
Dear all!

this is my first post here. I have been reading and absorbing up whatever I can here for the past few weeks and I have finally decided to purchase my proposal ring from one of the reputable vendors often mentioned here. The vendor has the following for me:

GIA Round Brilliant H&A 0.48
Depth: 62%
Table: 55%
Girdle: Thin to medium faceted
Culet: None
Polish & Symmetry: Ex/Ex
Clarity: VS1
Characteristics: Cloud
Color: G
Fluorescense: Very Strong Blue

That''s all the information I''ve got (attached file). Can anyone comments on how you feel about this rock? I am concern about the fluorescence.

Thanks a lot!

My Stone.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Some people love fl. others avoid it like the plague. Just ask the vendor if it adversely affects the stone in anyway. Have an independent appraiser give his or her opinion on it as well. Make sure there is a money-back guarantee in case you don''t love it. Should be good to go. I had a stone with MB and I loved it, but fl. is a very personal choice.

shay

dreamycastle

Rough_Rock
Thanks Shay.

Will the independent appraiser tell me if the diamond has a oily or hazy look? And it says "cloud" in its characteristic in the GIA report. I am not sure if that means its appearance?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 6:23:55 PM
Author: dreamycastle
Thanks Shay.

Will the independent appraiser tell me if the diamond has a oily or hazy look? And it says 'cloud' in its characteristic in the GIA report. I am not sure if that means its appearance?
Yes, an independent appraiser will tell you about everything (that is either positive or negative) about your stone. I believe that cloud refers to the grade-setting inclusion not the appearance of the diamond itself. It's what caused the diamond to receive its clarity grade. There are a lot of great appraisers on this board who could do such an appraisal for you. You want to make sure that the appraiser can and will answer all of your questions, so write them down so that you can remember them. HTH

shay

ETA: Welcome to Pricescope.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results