shape
carat
color
clarity

Some ring shopping for me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
For the first time, we went to the mall with the intent of trying on rings. Ahhhhh it was amazing. Though it''s in a mall, we went to this little place that always has nice stuff in the window. Halos on everything, which is exactly what I wanted to try on. If what I''ve loved on paper for a long time didn''t look good on me...the horror!!! I think BF almost passed out a few times at the price tags, but I was trying on 2+ carat rings. HA! In my dreams...

Anyway, it was so different to see things lifesized. Everything looks so big on a computer screen and now I''m thinking I don''t have to be as crazy picky about everything as I have been.

But maybe someone can give me some insight on this. BF knows how much it will cost for the setting I love. I think for his budget, I''ll get a .5ct center stone and be happy. But he keeps saying that he can''t believe that that''s all I want. I don''t want him to go broke for it! But he''s a spoiler. And so while I would love a bigger rock (I mean, I am a PSer...
3.gif
) I would prefer he not go overboard. Ack this is so hard!!! I guess I don''t really have a question... I''m still giddy from yesterday. Hehe!

Congrats if you muddled through that mess.
1.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
So, I''m guessing that the halos you loved on paper looked fabulous on your hand.
31.gif

That''s great that you actually went shopping! I wish my SO and I had shopped for rings this weekend (I had to settle for driving around looking at houses instead
28.gif
)!

I think the same way I know that if I tell my SO I really like 1ct stones he''d try to get me one and, well with the house hunting and all that''s just not practical. So I''ve told him that I want less that 1ct and every once in while I hear myself saying that and think I must be crazy, but I think I''ll be really happy with a .6-.8ct range and if he splurges on something bigger I''ll just be shocked and ecstatic.

Yay for ring shopping!
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Yeah. They were nice...
30.gif
Hee! Oh yeah, and he liked them too! Even better. It was funny for us, because we were looking stealthily, as we were meeting our moms and his sisters at the same mall. I just wanted to burst out when I saw them that we were ring shopping, but no. That''ll be a surprise for them.
9.gif

Houses are good! I could use one of those. Another reason I can''t see spending more on a ring!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
How fun!

I'm glad you and he both liked the same thing. At the beginning I was starting to think I liked the look of a halo, but FI totally did not like them. I appeased him and stopped looking at them, and I'm really glad I did because we both think the ring we designed is just the most perfect thing ever. Of course, I still think halos can be gorgeous!
1.gif

I think .5 is a nice size and it'll definitely look larger with a halo. What size is your finger?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I'm a size 5 I think... yeah it was weird when the lady handed me a 1.73 loose cushion and it looked so little!
40.gif
Who knows what the stats were, but that must be my punishment for having a giant computer screen at work to drool over diamonds with.
3.gif
Everything looks 12 inches!!!

Oh screw it I'll just sell my car and get a 2 carater. Ha!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Lol, it happens. The other day I jokingly asked FI if he thought my stone looked too small (it''s .82ct). I could see his eyes widen in terror, thinking I was already wanting an upgrade.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yay!
36.gif

That''s so fun, Sunnyd! Glad you both liked the settings. I think it is such a great process to go ring shopping together! I''m sure that whatever you decide .5 or bigger ... it will be gorgeous! Hopefully, you''ll get to go ring shopping again ... soon.
25.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
LOL star...I haven't even broached the upgrade topic. I won't go there, we're both too sentimental about things like that. But there's time to change.
3.gif

Thanks Spark! I hope so too...like tomorrow.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results