shape
carat
color
clarity

some questions on diamond settings for the board....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
well, my girl always wanted a 3 stone princess (2ct total), but for the first time, she tried on a 1.4ct round solitare and fell in love with round. we were shopping tonight and decided to stop in a jeweler to look at princess and round (i want to get her the princess). well, she still liked the round, and fell in love with an antique type setting. i didn't like the setting at all, because it had a small stone on each side by the center stone which made them look like little steps leading up to the center stone. i want to try and find an antique looking setting with side stones, but not the kind that lead up to the center stone. (by lead up, i mean like steps towards the center stone). if i am going to spend 10-12k on a center stone, then i want it sitting by itself. where can i find antique looking settings, i browsed faycullen, whitehousebrothers, whiteflash, but there has to be more. anyone know of other spots online i can browse. bluenile has a nice milgrain setting with sidestones that looks classic, but it leads up towards the stone
29.gif

35.gif
help...over here
35.gif

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
whoa, i was looking at the 1/4 ct milgrain setting, i just checked back and they have a 1/5 ct milgrain that doesn't lead up to the stone. anyone here with antique type taste like that setting??
bluenile, settings with sidestones, 18k white gold, 1/5 ct milgrain.

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
Will a 1.5 ct round stone raised like that look too big on a 4.5 finger? i love how the diamond is viewed in those settings.
I love both of those settings and how the center stone is raised above all in the 4 prong.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
so who''s wearing the ring you or her?
2.gif
I read a lot of "I" want...
Anyway, Antiqueengagementrings.com might have some good things to look at but I have heard from other Pricescopers their settings were not well made so i''d stay away from purchasing from them. Oh and 1.5 will look fabulous on her, not too big at all:)

you can also check out

Art of Platinum
Estate diamond Jewelry.com

the antique look is very popular right now. you might want to check out

Pearlmans Jewelers for a ton of designer settings to look at.

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
She will end up getting what she wants, i just thought that the princess looked better on her hand. Her cousin is a jeweler and he makes everything in his store himself. I will go to him, but i would like some pics or ideas (on settings) to take with me to show which direction to go in. Then he will make me a mold of the design we come up with. I am trying to find an antique type setting that is not too flashy or overdone, but sparkly and clean.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with Mrs. Salvo, sure sounds like you really aren''t listening to what she wants. If she likes a particular setting, why are you trying to find something different that meets your liking? She is the one who will have to stare at the ring every day for the rest of her life. Believe me, get what she wants exactly. Not something that you think looks better and is somewhat similar. Please don''t. Please, please, please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results