shape
carat
color
clarity

Some PSers will defend their favorite vendors with their life..

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe. But I’m agnostic on vendors if I am helping someone on PS. I’ll go with whoever has the right stone regardless of vendor at the right price.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
True. I defend and support JA's practice, (not with my life though)
I know many do not.

Last edited:

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
True. I defend and support JA's practice, (not with my life though)
I know many do not.

I can understand JA’s business rationale for doing so even if I disagree with it. However they made life a lot more difficult for PS-ers to help others choose stones by removing report information from easy accessibility. If they at least put report details online sans report number, they’d be back into contention again with me.

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
DF, I believe your statement is true. We all have confirmation bias (to some degree and depending on the subject matter), especially when the subject matter is a luxury item that one has spent (most probably) lots of money on.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think most people are going to favor a vendor or product that they are happy with but that's not to say that they couldn't be happy with another vendor either. The defense comes in if any of these known vendors are portrayed in a bad light in an unfair manner.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends ... smaller vendors who are generally easier to build a personal relationship with ... it’s human nature - I think - to feel some sense of loyalty to (and thus likely to ‘defend’) assuming the business relationship is good vs a big dealer where you never get the same rep twice.

I am not a fan of any business demonstrating practices that lack transparency & honesty for the customer ... diamonds are too expensive a purchase to be left feeling cheated, taken, etc.

3FE674BD-79D4-4CA9-AC10-D04C51787EBA.jpeg
I’m a practical shopper, but It doesn’t take much to sway my vote.

I do LOVE my WF pen as well! :mrgreen2:

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I didn’t get a pen! I wish I did, I just checked the website to see if they sell them because I would buy it just to have it.

I really don’t have a favorite, I have purchased from WF and BGD and would in a heartbeat buy from HPD. I go with who ever had what I want. I would imagine most people do have favorites, like how most people have a sports team they like and a political party they defend no matter what.

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No bias from me. I'm too practical to show blind loyalty to a brand with any consumer product that I use, and the same goes when I'm recommending products to others. When making any consumer purchase, my money ultimately goes to the brand/vendor/store that offers me the best service/price ratio, or rather the best product quality and customer support for the lowest price. The service/price ratio for any brand/vendor/store is typically not static, but rather will change over time, so I start my brand/vendor selection process anew every time I'm going to purchase an item.

In general, there are certainly people on here that have their favorites, but there are also quite a few that are "vendor agnostic" (to use @bmfang's phrase) and try to recommend the best diamond to meet the individual's needs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have favorite vendors but I recommend based on what the PSer is looking for so it's not one size fits all. Since I don't know anything about MRBs and only about old cuts I never recommend modern cut vendors as that is not my area. So yeah I generally recommend the same vendors because they deal with old cuts and I have had positive experiences with them. Having said that I will not blindly defend anyone.

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I would first find out what the individual was looking for:
Maximizing budget? IDJ
Old cuts? Old world or Jewels by grace
Best halo? Victor Canera
Specialty cuts? Diamonds by Lauren
I haven’t worked with any of these vendors but just based on their reputation here I would feel comfortable recommending them.
For anything involving modern rounds and for someone looking for a special purchase it would be HPD. I don’t think it’s a bias, it’s based on my experience.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say I am biased. It’s not who I bought my diamonds from but with whom I have worked the best.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like different vendors for different reasons. Some have things they do better than others, others seem to have great prices on certain pieces. I wouldn't say I would defend them but there are quite a few I would recommend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results