shape
carat
color
clarity

Some new bling from JBG / LAD / CVB

sunnyside74

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers!

Adding two more pieces of bling that would not have been possible without this forum. Pardon the backstory, and feel free to skip ahead to pictures :)

My fiancé and I got engaged earlier this year. Second time around for both of us, and both of us a bit the wiser for the roads we have previously traveled. We both came with some baggage, including prior engagement rings that fit our individual styles. Mine was an antique platinum piece with tons of filigree and a large chunky lower color OEC. His, a super modern radiant set in a knife edged platinum solitaire.

Of course, neither of our individual rings appealed stylistically to the other party. To further complicate matters, he had family in the jewelry business who wanted to insert themselves (in a well-intentioned fashion) into the process and began suggesting stones for us to consider, while I would sit staring at graces chunky cushions and OECs. He couldn't really wrap his mind around buying a stone unseen off the Internet, much less an antique stone which he really knew nothing about - so we agreed on a MRB as a compromise.

The stones his family suggested really didn't appear great to either of us, and he came around to look at Blue Nile as it was at least a company that he had heard about, and had a return policy (I tried explaining ASET/IS imaging, to no avail, lol). I posted some stones on here, along with my family dilemma, and got Gypsy's very good advice to stick up for myself when it came to dealing with what I wanted and not to feel compelled to take the stones being pushed onto us from his family (thanks gypsy :appl: ). My lovely fiancé backed me up, and we set out to order the Blue Nile stone. Shortly before going to wire Blue Nile, I looked one last time on Grace's website, and noticed she had just marked down the BGD signature H&A stones I had been eyeing for a while (almost exact same price/size/color/clarity specs as I was looking at on BN, but ideal cut). I shot her an immediate email and we secured both stones (one for me, one for his mother)... And then set out to pick a setting...

After looking at a ton of settings, taking a field trip to Tiffany's to try on a bunch of different styles, we concluded that we were going to need a custom design. Enter Erica from love affair diamonds, whose designs I looked at for a very long time... She sent me pics of the Harlow, which had not yet been fabricated – and I really liked the floral design. To simplify it a little, we switched out the rounded flower petal prongs to that of the Lotus, took away the shoulders, and added a handful of tiny French cuts to the band with some milgraining and contouring of the band itself.

At the same time, I had settled on CVB to take my chunky OEC from my old engagement ring and turn into a lovely pendant. In the midst of working on this design and chatting back-and-forth with Caysie, I realized she was also working with Erica on the design side of my engagement ring, and she added some further subtle tweaks to the design that made it simply sublime.

I cannot speak highly enough of these three ladies as online vendors. They are all truly delightful to work with, prompt, and communicative. Erica has wonderful design sense, and it was a real pleasure to work with her. Caysie, as many have noted, is a truly lovely human being, and a really amazing designer/artist. She is incredibly patient, and answers incessant worried text/emails/phone calls regarding tiny micro design details, all with grace and cheer.

As for the pieces themselves, wow. The BGD shines like a total fire discoball and faces up much whiter than other Js I have had in the past. The ring is incredibly delicate and the tiny French cuts in the sides sparkle like mad. It has been distracting! As for the pendant, just sheer perfection - my big chunky girl is so happy in her new home, and I am so happy she gets to get worn again after sitting in a box the last many years.

Without further ado, enjoy the pictures (only from my iPhone for now, have some pics on my dslr I will try to grab later that are better) and thanks so much for looking! Outside my immediate family, I don't have many friends with whom I can talk about bling, so it's nice to have someplace to share.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
sounds fabulous but I can't see the pics! :(sad

sunnyside74

Shiny_Rock
sorry here are the pics

1fire.png

2pastel.png

3sideshot.png

4shell.png

sunnyside74

Shiny_Rock
and a few more...

5handshot.png

6purple.png

7pendant.png

8pendantside.png

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I've been seeing your pendant in instagram for awhile now! You are one lucky duck they are both such phenomenal pieces! Squee! :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I confess, I DID skip ahead to the pics this time! Unbelievably gorgeous!!!! Are the specs imbedded in the original post?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness I've been admiring both of these peices for some time. I'm so glad they are for a pser so I could admire more photos.

Just beautiful!

Oh. And speaking of more photos..... ;-)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
O magnificence - like Niel, I've been admiring these for quite a while on various social media ... how wonderful you get _both_! Congratulations & happy holidays. ;-)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I have admired those pieces on social media too! Both pieces are just exquisite. Please post more photos!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
They are both so beautiful. Enjoy them and congratulations on your engagement.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and beautiful pendant. The setting for both are just so perfect. Congratulations on having both projects work out so well!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Both are beautiful! Lucky duck! :love: :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both pieces are spectacular! Congrats on your engagement!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I am absolutely ga-ga over your engagement ring. Absolutely stunning!

Your pendant is beautiful as well.

Congratulations and enjoy!

hair guru

Rough_Rock
Trade
Holy cow, the ring is absolutely stunning and I love the pendant also. What a lucky lady to have those pieces of jewelry!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of them are beautiful. :appl:

kitsunegrl

Rough_Rock
Amazing pieces!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful - congrats!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both pieces are GORGEOUS. :love:
More pics pretty please!

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely fabulous! :love: :love: :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Both pieces are gorgeous! Your ring is so unique & beautiful, love the basket & frenchies, & of course that huge bgd diamond :love:
And whoa-that's an amazing design for your pendant! Great choices all around. Congratulations!

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
Love the ring design so much! it's so unique and interesting! Looks fabulous on your hand!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh!!! I saw them on FB, too!!! What a gorgeous ring and one of the most beautiful pendants I have ever seen! :love: I seriously saved this design for my wishlist folder! I am so happy you were able to stand up for what you wanted and didn't succumb to family pressure! I am sure their intentions were good, but the truth is that we can seldom find stones locally that compare to the stones and prices we can access through PS vendors.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love both pieces! Amazing! You said 2 Js from BGD, so you were the one who got them. When I saw the markdown, they were already sold. I had my eye on one of them too (if we're talking about the same stones - Phoenix's 2.3 ct Js). More photos and please show us what you did with the other J.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two fabulous pieces!! I have seen and admired the pendant on Caysie's FB and was hoping it belonged to a PSer.
Enjoy wearing your new pieces.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: Your e-ring is divine!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohhhh you're the lucky lady!! I'm so jealous (in the best way possible), Absolutely gorgeous!!!

sunnyside74

Shiny_Rock
Busy 24 hours on call on the trauma service after Christmas, but thank you ALL for soooo many lovely replies! :appl: I will post some better pictures taken with a real camera later tonight or tomorrow when i wake up! :)

Asscherhalo_lover, kitsunegrl, SparklyOEC, MissGotRocks, CRYSTAL24K, hair guru, marcy, missy, Travelgal, llknvrb4, purplesilk, athenaworth, sweet_blossom, Rena7, AprilBaby - thank you for all of your kind words. I can’t express how lucky I feel to have met such a wonderful partner, and to have someone who humors my bling habit and gave me free reign to design these beauties.

Niel, Circe, luv2sparkle – thank you, i think caysie’s & erica’s fb pages were the only thing that kept me going while i was waiting for them to arrive

LLJsmom, woofmama, ElleElle thank you – it was so much fun sketching up basic designs (i use powerpoint) and then watching caysie turn them into amazing CADs and then reality...I don’t think I imagined these designs could have come so alive from basic sketches into 2 pieces that are really so unique and lovely

motownmama - i didn't post the specs above, but the engagement ring is a BGD sig H&A AGS 000 J VS2 stone 2.304 ct, table 56.6%, depth 60.8%, crown angle 34.6, pav angle 40.7, 8.55 x 8.58 x 5.2, no fluoro, the OEC is approx 8.01 x 7.95 and ~1.9 ct, K/L, VS1

diamondseeker2006 - thanks you sooo much for your kind words, I was so appreciative of all the advice from folks on here that led to such a great outcome. It’s funny because my fiance was totally blown away by how everything turned out, he’s a total convert now :) btw i am in love with your AVR, have been for some time!!!

thecat – i bet they were phoenix’s Js, it was totally kismet that I decided to look at Grace’s page one last time (apparently right after she posted the reduced prices!) and I then proceeded to email and call her... I was originally going to get just the 2.3, but my soon to be mother-in-law who actually purchased the stone as an engagement gift for us had been looking for another stone, maybe for a pendant, so we got both and the other one is sitting in our apartment in grace’s original packing waiting for her... i’m voting she sends it to caysie :)

acinom – thank you, you have such a spectacular collection that i have really admired.... the french cuts on your leon paraiba got me hooked on them, i suspect it’s going to be a bad addiction!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results