shape
carat
color
clarity

Some little tidbits I got out of him yesterday .....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
So, BF decided to do a few shots of Patron to make himself forget he had to go to work today. Yeah, he hates his job a lot!

Needless to say his tongue was a little loose and after we talked about how we were both dealing with the last couple of weeks we started talking about marriage/proposals, etc.

He wasn''t so drunk as to tell me everything but he did say the proposing would be before end of the year and that he was "waiting for a few things to come into line first." Then he said it would be something simple, something his style and that knowing how bad my hearing is I''d probably not even hear him the first time. LOL.

He also said he doesn''t believe there''s a certain time frame between the proposal and engagement so most likely he''d want to do it pretty soon after he pops the question. of course I told him I needed just al ittle time but I''m doing the planning now anyway. Then when talked about dates to get married.

So I want to do it on New Year''s Eve at 11:59. He says that''s too close to his wedding date w/ his ex (12/22). What do you guys think? He wants to wait till spring. We live in FL and it gets hot here starting in March so I want to do it in February if we wait till 2010. I really had my heart set on New Year''s Eve though. If he proposes by October though I would try for a November wedding, hoping the weather has cooled down.

He''s seeing his dad this weekend and I have a feeling he''ll be getting his mom''s ring at that time. If not, maybe the weekend after when we go see them. I''m gonna try to not snoop and badger her with questions!

susied

Rough_Rock
I personally have a thing with dates - but would I not get married on a certain date because it''s close to another date - probably not.
If you are set on New Year''s Eve, could you talk him into it with the argument that it will be your day, something to look forward to that time of year (instead of dwelling on the other "bad" date)? It sounds like you have several reasons why 12/31 would be good - talk to him again and see what he says.
Is it possible he is trying to surprise you and do it 12/31? I''m not engaged (and pretty old fashioned), but I''ve never really heard of setting a date to get engaged...that is interesting!

PrincessLily2009

Rough_Rock
I''m confused-are we talking about wedding dates or proposal dates?

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the confusion. We''re talking about wedding dates.

He''s going to propose by end of year.

PrincessLily2009

Rough_Rock
That is kind of weird. I can see why he would feel a little uncomfortable. I certainly wouldn''t want to be reminded of my ex during my marriage ceremony. It is his wedding, too. He may feel like getting married around that time is kind of...bad luck? Or something along those lines?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results