shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitare or bengals?

Solitare or Bengals for a size 3(ring size) girl?

• Solitare

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

big1236

Rough_Rock
Hello guys as you can see i''m a newbie here so i hope i dont'' make a fool of myself with my first post.

Anyway, my questions to everybody is: "Which is better, a solitare ring or a ring with bengals on the sides?"

I just wanted to know what the consensus is. My GF only has a size 3 (ring size)... well i guess what i''m trying to ask is if her finger is too small for the bengals....

i apologize if my terminology is wrong...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bengals? What are those? I imagined having Indian Bengal tigers hanging on to her fingers.
3.gif

Are you talking about sidestones? Or tiny diamonds on the band of the ring? I would say this is should be her choice if she has professed a preference.

If the center diamond is fairly large, my preference is to stick to a solitaire to show off the stone. But that's just me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2008 12:55:41 PM
Author: Chrono
Bengals? What are those? I imagined having Indian Bengal tigers hanging on to her fingers.
3.gif

Are you talking about sidestones? Or tiny diamonds on the band of the ring? I would say this is should be her choice if she has professed a preference.
Welcome!

Do you mean baguettes as in sidestones?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
bengals? I''ve never heard that term before either. please tell us what they are or describe them?

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Do you mean baguettes? I''d prefer just a solitaire personally.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Bengals?--Do you mean Baguettes?
A size 3 finger can handle side stones--(depends on what she likes)
I wear a four and I like coverage!
25.gif

big1236

Rough_Rock
Baguettes!! yes, that''s the word!! i told you guys i''m new to this... LOL
5.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 1:06:09 PM
Author: big1236
5.gif
I think she can handle the tigers!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2008 1:06:09 PM
5.gif
LOL no worries, glad we were able to help! Personally to answer your question, I would shoot for a plain solitaire.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
a size 3 can handle the baguettes, but my vote would go to toward the solitaire!!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
depends - how big is the center stone?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I imagined bengal cats hanging off your girlfriend''s hand.

I''d go for the solitaire, personally.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is the kitty ring!
31.gif
30.gif
36.gif

We love newbies. Welcome to Pricescope.

2bengal_dia_rg.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 2:17:04 PM
Author: oldminer
Here is the kitty ring!
31.gif
30.gif
36.gif

We love newbies. Welcome to Pricescope.

LOL, Oldminer!!

Welcome to PS!! As far as giving you an opinion either way, can you tell us a bit more about the center stone (shape, ct wt., etc)?

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I prefer side stones on e-rings (not sure why, though I have seen really awesome solitaires)...

big1236

Rough_Rock
the center ring is going to be 1 cara, round cut... i think i should just leave it as a solitare since her finger is so small... it'll make the center stone look that much bigger, right?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 3:11:57 PM
the center ring is going to be 1 cara, round cut... i think i should just leave it as a solitare since her finger is so small... it''ll make the center stone look that much bigger, right?

I think that''s a wonderful size for her. I wear a 3.5 and had a 1 carat (6.5mm stone) as my original wedding set. here''s a pic...the second picture is when I got a new eternity band to wear with it made up of 3 point stones:

oldset2gether.jpg

newsetwf1005.jpg

big1236

Rough_Rock
36.gif
See, that rock looks HUGE!!!! I think i''ll stick with the solitare, although i wuuld like to see a 3-3.5 size ring with baguettes on them..... anybody?
31.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Firstly, I got a good chuckle out of the "bengals" situation... but I kinda thought right off the bat you probably meant baguettes.
1.gif

This is really such a personal thing; some people love solitaires, and they are very classic. Some people don't like baguettes next to a RB. But baguettes flanking a round center is totally a classic look as well. Personally, if given the choice, I'd choose bag's over solitaire any day of the week! I like the look of them on my hand, and really don't like solitaire on my hand - just seems totally boring to me, although there are many extremely beautiful solitaires here on PS. And to me, they add just a little pizazz to the ring without overdoing it.

Although I must say, solitaire is probably easier to match up with a wedding ring. I remember a jeweler said to me once, "solitaire is like a Barbie Doll; you can dress it up any way you want." (Although personally I found that not to be true, because I'm not one of those who likes it next to a non-plain ring.)

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 3:21:31 PM
Author: mrssalvo

the center ring is going to be 1 cara, round cut... i think i should just leave it as a solitare since her finger is so small... it'll make the center stone look that much bigger, right?

I think that's a wonderful size for her. I wear a 3.5 and had a 1 carat (6.5mm stone) as my original wedding set. here's a pic...the second picture is when I got a new eternity band to wear with it made up of 3 point stones:

oldset2gether.jpg

newsetwf1005.jpg
mrssalvo, I must have seen your rings before but can't recall; they are beautiful and your hands are very nice too! You make a liar out of me, because I just said I'm not a fan of solitaire next to eternity band but yours is beautiful!

big1236, I don't have a picture of a size 3 or 3.5 or whatever it was, but here is a friend's ring with baguettes. Probably about a size 5.25 or so, since it fits me. Also, this one has fishtail prongs which you might not like. And I think the diamond is slightly bigger than 1ct, but not too much bigger. Hope it helps.

ETA: Yikes, must make 2 notes to self: 1. Use hand lotion before taking hand pics
& 2. Don't upload that big copy of my dry hands again...
20.gif

CC ering_b.JPG

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t know what size finger these are, but I''ll try to post a few more baguette pics to hopefully help. Here''s one owned by KristyDarling:

KristyDrlgbaget.jpg

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 3:21:31 PM
Author: mrssalvo

I think that's a wonderful size for her. I wear a 3.5 and had a 1 carat (6.5mm stone) as my original wedding set. here's a pic...the second picture is when I got a new eternity band to wear with it made up of 3 point stones:

oldset2gether.jpg

newsetwf1005.jpg
mrssalvo!! Are you sure that's a 1ct?? That rock looks HUGE on your tiny finger!! Wow!! I wish I had smaller fingers...
27.gif

Oh and beautiful rings!!
3.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
1 more of KristyDarling''s:

KristyDarling.jpg

big1236

Rough_Rock
old-fashioned girl, thanks for the pics... that style of baguettes is something i''ll definitely look into. and your hands don''t look bad at all...
17.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
How cute! Welcome!

I, too, thought "tigers" when I saw "bengals". I was wondering if this was a new line of Cartier's that I had yet to hear about! LOL! All I could "see" were these Cartier sunglasses I am coveting that have a panther on eash side [with emerald eyes, black spots and all]! [I'd post a pic but I can't find one. See p. 39 of the 2/2008 issue of Town & Country] And, yes, I know panthers are not tigers but that was what came to mind!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
BTW, I would do either a Tiffany style solitaire with the 6 prongs or, if you want to do 4 [plain or split] prongs, I would add the tigers, I mean, baguettes.

ydiamonds

Rough_Rock
I vote for baquettes, and I also agree with it depends on what she likes. I wear a size 3, and my ring is a radiant center with trilliant sides. I don''t want a wedding band and prefer something more than just a plain solitaire. Having side stones is not necessarily a bad thing on small fingers. It all depends on the size of the stones. I think mine is about the perfect size for my finger. Unless you''re planning a complete proposal surprise, I''d recommend just trying on different sizes and see what she likes. Then you can juggle clarity/color/metal/etc that fits within your budget.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both! Honestly, that 1ct solitaire looks quite big and beautiful paired up with the eternity ring...that is what I would pick
30.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I think it is so so sweet that you are on PS educating yourself on diamonds so that you can purchase the best ring for your FF (future fiance). Most men wouldn''t be so brave...kudos to you
36.gif

I voted for the "bags"...I think it makes for a very serious, very traditional, understated elegant ering.

Whatever you decide upon, have fun shopping! It truly is a once in a life time purchase!

Oh...yeah...and a big ol CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d stick with the solitaire.

eta so jealous of the size 3 fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results