shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire with diamond band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Turpinm1

Rough_Rock
I would like to see all of your soliataires with diamond wedding bands. Presently I have a 1.01 princess cut diamond with channel set princess cut diamonds and matching band. I attached a picture so you can get a perspective. I am considering changing my setting again
emembarrassed.gif
to a solitaire with perhaps a 3/4 eternity band. I have always been a matchy kinda girl, but I see others that "go outside of the box" and I very unique and I really like them. Also, would resetting my diamond into a solitaire make the stone "pop" more or seem bigger?

I appreciate all of your suggestions and feedback!

Turpinm1ring.JPG

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Hi there! I prefer non-matchy sets personally (but yours is really nice
2.gif
) I love the round solitaire and round eternity and combo. I think your stone might pop more as a solitare (check out londongirl''s solitaire). I love
30.gif
her set with just a plain band. If you got an eternity band with your princess solitaire what shape diamonds would you get?

Turpinm1

Rough_Rock
I would probably get a round prong set eternity band, but I wanted to see what they look like next to solitaires.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my 1.01ct solitare with my 5 stone band, it is .75ct.

allmine521111111.JPG

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and here is another one with my .25ct band
9.gif
I have a very large finger, the size is 8.5

27.gif

ringsmcg1.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your set is lovely the way it is but a solitaire with a diamond band would look great as well. I think your diamond would pop more as a solitaire.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have an RB solitaire that I wear with a half eternity, 1.2ct with a .55cttw band (5 pointers)

DDbaby10az.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
DD- does your half eternity spin and drive you nuts? It''s gorgeous.

Turpinm1

Rough_Rock
I love DD''s set! That is the type of eternity band that I think I would like; I don''t want the band to be any thicker than 2mm. My only concern is mixing shapes.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too think your princess would pop more as a solitare (especailly with a band that tapers in at the stone). DD''s is
lovely.

casondra16

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 9:52:41 AM
Author: Turpinm1
I love DD''s set! That is the type of eternity band that I think I would like; I don''t want the band to be any thicker than 2mm. My only concern is mixing shapes.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dreamer''s set too! IMO, an eternity band like that would look great with your princess. On bluenile''s website they used to have sets like this (I think they were a contour band with a 5 stone prong set ring), and you can change the center stone to see what the different shapes will look like in the setting.

casondra16

Shiny_Rock
I found a couple on Google image for you...

Princess with channel set band

forPS2.gif

casondra16

Shiny_Rock
Princess solitare with 5 stone... This was the closest set I could find to dreamer''s with a princess solitare, but it gives you the idea!!!

forPS3.jpg

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
As a fellow very matchy person you may want to consider buying inexpensive fakes to try out the look first. Of course my level of matchy may be very extreeme compaired to yours - my dogs match colors and the only way I won''t match is if I''m stacking bands. I tried doing the non matchy thing and while I loved it on other people the matchy part of my personality took over. Just my 2cents
3.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my 0.50 ct, IF, E color, Ex,Ex,Ex diamond solitaire ring with my 0.25 ct, E color, VVS1, excellent cut, eternity ring. Although, i just gave the solitaire back and i''m upgrading it to a 0.90 ct, E color, VVS2, triple ex RB ring, with a custom made, 18ct white gold setting!
18.gif
. The diamond is with my jeweller right now and I just can''t wait for the next fifteen days to pass and get that beauty on my finger!
35.gif

Lady of Lebanon.jpg

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
Hi
35.gif

Here's my 1.23 RB solitaire with a channel set full eternity band (round cut stones totalling about .40 ct)

To answer one of your other questions... I wore a half eternity shared-prong before I got this new set, and I never had an issue with spinning.

I was going for a look that would help my diamond "pop" like you said, so I wanted a sparkly band overall as long as the widths of the bands matched.

EDIT: Woah!! Sorry for the HUGE pic!!

8 IMG_9668 side 1.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 6:29:34 AM
Author: lknvrb4
DD- does your half eternity spin and drive you nuts? It''s gorgeous.
It is sized correctly so it actually doesn''t spin very much. I adjust the rings a few times a day, which I would have to do anyways for the solitaire even with a a full eternity. The inconvenience of the half eternity is outweighed by the practicality of not having to worry about damaging diamonds on the underside of my palm, as I would witha full eternity. Not to mention the peace of mind knowing I can resize it easily. There is always some type of compromise with jewelry -- usually practicality versus pure esthetics I think -- and for me practicality wins out.

I think a band of rbs would be fine with a princess solitaire. The melee are so small all you see are little round balls of white and occassional sparkle. Delicate shared prong bands with very little metal and small diamonds are not really feasable with princess cuts anyways.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 9:52:41 AM
Author: Turpinm1
Mine is 2.3mm because that is how big 5 pointers are. To keep it down to 2mm you would need to go with 3 pointers I think.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Hi turpinm. I think your princess would look beautiful in a solitaire and will definitely pop more (although I really like your current set!). Don''t worry about mixing shapes, RBs and princesses look beautiful together and the RBs in the band will provide nice sparkle to complement your centre stone. I`ll try to find a picture of my old princess solitaire with my RB w-band (the princess was 0.78ct).

setresized112.JPG

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
You have a very nice set, but yes..changing a setting to a solitaire (and set right) will make your stone pop!! Look at all these pics, they just pop!!!

and by the way.. dreamers ring looks super yum! It just stands out! Lovely pics from everyone who posted!!

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
katiedid''s set
sitsflush.jpg

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
herandherson''s set

prf3.JPG

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
mrssalvo''s

newsetwf1005-135.jpg

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
flower12''s set

P1050675.JPG

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
DiaDiva''s

PearPS.JPG

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
laney''s

picwithtacoriband1.jpg

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
kyubi''s

ring616.jpg

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Kristydarling''s

16DT.JPG

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Rebemdee

fullsetrebs.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results