shape
carat
color
clarity

Solid 24k Gold Dragon and Phoenix Bangle

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was given to me as a gift about 15 years ago. I had the safety chain added recently and would like to start wearing it more. It is stamped .9999 on the inside. I would like to start wearing it daily or at least on my gold days. It does not mix well with silver! How would you wear this?

20131217_113454.jpg

20131217_113701.jpg

20131217_113519.jpg

20131217_113738.jpg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My parents gave a pair of adjustable 22k bangles to my 8 year old when she was a baby and here is my 2.5 year old wearing them. She wears them every day.
I think I posted this thread in the wrong forum - could it be moved to jewelry pieces please? Thanks!

20131217_121841.jpg

20131217_121908.jpg

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
I'd wear the gold bangle alone or stacked with other YG or RG bangles. I find WG and YG contrast too much with thick bangles. Yet i like 2 tone watches. Your bangle is very lovely. You should wear it more often.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Ashleigh. I will wear it alone but I love wearing rings and it looks too mismatched or with most of my rings other than the plain 22k/ruby/diamond band in the pic. With a lot of my gemstone rings it looks too blingy. I guess I just need more smaller gemstone rings in high karat gold to match it! ;-)

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, you found an excuse to buy more high karat gold rings. But some high karat gold rings go out of round.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I am so in love with this band!! Would love to see more pictures. I love the dragon/phoenix pairing in Chinese jewelry.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! Jewelry by Sally at Heart of Water would work with it as long as the stone is not blingy. It is enough to get used to wearing the bracelet and I feel quite overdressed for being a stay at home mom with little girls!

Pandabee, did you want to see more pictures of the bangle or the band with the ruby in it - I think you meant the bangle rightÉ

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a very nice bangle. I'm getting married in March in HK and (fingers crossed) will get to wear some similar blingy 24k jewelry on the big day!!

Because there seems that every other store in HK is a jewelry store (the rest are real estate agents.. lol), I always slow down when walking past the wedding jewelry display.. my FI always tells me to look where I'm going but I get caught up staring at all the bling in the windows, haha :cheeky:

Here are some of my favorite items to oogle when I walk past the jewelry shops: (images saved from the official websites of the HK major chains, I forgot which is from which store now, but most likely from Chow Tai Fook, Chow Sang Sang, Lukfook etc)

49480n_a_546x470.png
cm149620.jpg
r1733.jpg
58864k_a_546x470.png

Just wishful dreaming though, since these type of 24k solid gold pieces usually are very pricey!! :love:

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I don't know. I had not worn any of them since the wedding. Maybe wear the bangle on the hand that doesn't have the ring??? My DD actually only wore her bangle for her one month celebration. I showed her the bangle a month or so ago, and she tried it on. She didn't wants to wear it though.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
ilovegemstones|1387339251|3576603 said:
Thanks guys! Jewelry by Sally at Heart of Water would work with it as long as the stone is not blingy. It is enough to get used to wearing the bracelet and I feel quite overdressed for being a stay at home mom with little girls!

Pandabee, did you want to see more pictures of the bangle or the band with the ruby in it - I think you meant the bangle rightÉ

I meant the bangle, but I would love to see pictures of both!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a bunch of those from my wedding too. And I never wear it. I think the only way to do it is by itself on one wrist. And just rock it. I have one I. My drawer right now. Ok. Maybe I will wear it tomorrow. If you wear anything else on that hand I would probably wear 24k yellow.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be the only odd one out who does not mind mixing and matching; I wore my bezeled diamond ring (in platinum) on the same hand as my 22kt bracelet. I do not wear more than one bracelet / bangle on each hand though to prevent unnecessary rubbing / wearing of design.

ILG,
You have a gorgeous bracelet and if you don't wear it at home, when will you ever wear it? Jewellery is meant to be worn and enjoyed.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous!!! I agree with Chrono that I'd never wear another bracelet with it because it would damage the soft gold. And I'd probably wear a yellow gold ring. Elizabeth Locke's collection of yellow gold is 19k and I think that is about as high as I'd go for a ring. I think it would work with the bracelet.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, I have been wearing it daily lately with nothing or a single gold ring. I am just switching up silver and gold days. Chrono, I love mixing 18 and 14k with silver but with this piece the silver just looks dingy, especially if it is oxidized a little. Maybe one day I will have a platinum piece to try!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a lovely bangle! 24k is soft though so I would definitely wear it alone and let that baby shine!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results