shape
carat
color
clarity

So who has already updated to iOS7?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to attempt to hold out til I got my iPhone5S, whenever it arrives anyway, and just let iOS7 "happen" for me that way...But I am so thinking I might update tomorrow morning before work afterall...because it looks amazing.

http://www.imore.com/ios-7-review

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I've tried. I have it downloaded to my phone, but when I go to install I get this error:
"Software Update Unavailable: Software Update is not available at this time. Try again later."

My coworker did it at the same time and has his up and running.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
amc80|1379534587|3523071 said:
I've tried. I have it downloaded to my phone, but when I go to install I get this error:
"Software Update Unavailable: Software Update is not available at this time. Try again later."

So he wheezed your juice ;-) That's pretty much the error saying that they're overloaded.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Yep. But after trying for the past 4 hours it is finally installing :)

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Son put it on both my iPad & phone. I find the keyboard not as responsive. But as I type this out, it seems to be more responsive...maybe it's a learned aspect. Anyway, it's like having a new device, sort of.

A few things this old broad needs to figure out re icons, etc etc. By the weekend hoping I'll feel 'at home'.
sarahb

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1379534587|3523071 said:

I got the same mssg on phone and iPad. Just keep retrying. It eventually goes through.

I'm sure I'll get used to it but it looks like the updated it for their old customers: large icons and lots of primary colors.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
me!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got it right away and I love it!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Downloading now!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I downloaded it last night! I like! :appl:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I managed to download it last night too! Only downside is that I did it while I was sleeping and my alarm didn't go off...so I was late to work.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did it yesterday, I'm into it! It's growing on me quickly, and I usually take a while to get used to change!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
just figured this out...if you want to X out of stuff you aren't using, double click the home screen and swipe them up. They will disappear.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I just updated my phone and iPad...I am loving the update. It is making me reconsider my switch to Samsung when I move overseas!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just updated yesterday -- yay!! :appl: I like it so far, but my Instagram photos aren't saving to my camera roll like they did before -- anyone know why or what I need to do to fix it??

In the old iOS, I could just click on the notifications bar and go straight to the email or whatever... now I can't. The bar shows up in the lock screen, but when I unlock, it disappears. I just got an iPhone 3 weeks ago, so I'm a total novice and still learning, so no judgement!! :lol:

Also, I don't know if I like the overall look of the new "color scheme" -- it doesn't seem as sharp to me, like the edges of everything are softer? Am I crazy or has anyone else noticed this?? It's not just the icons though, even my wallpaper seems a little blurred... weird. :confused:

EDIT: just figured out notifications... :bigsmile:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is installing right now on my iphone 4S. Says 5 minutes remaining. I'll let my husband decide whether to update the ipad. We have another ipad2 coming and so once that arrives, I can for sure play around with that one. Maybe I should update my son's ipod while he's at school :D

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
msop04|1379605270|3523539 said:
I just updated yesterday -- yay!! :appl: I like it so far, but my Instagram photos aren't saving to my camera roll like they did before -- anyone know why or what I need to do to fix it??

In the old iOS, I could just click on the notifications bar and go straight to the email or whatever... now I can't. The bar shows up in the lock screen, but when I unlock, it disappears. I just got an iPhone 3 weeks ago, so I'm a total novice and still learning, so no judgement!! :lol:

Also, I don't know if I like the overall look of the new "color scheme" -- it doesn't seem as sharp to me, like the edges of everything are softer? Am I crazy or has anyone else noticed this?? It's not just the icons though, even my wallpaper seems a little blurred... weird. :confused:

Oh no! I hope it looks okay on my phone. I probably should have saved all my pictures to my computer hard drive before updating...I don't even know what the new color scheme is suppose to look like...

I don't use instagram...maybe you can google that. I decided not to use it b/c doesn't Facebook "own" rights to all the instagram pictures or did that not end up happening? I love the look of the pictures with that app, though...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just an FYI - plug your phones in before installing and make sure it's complete before responding to any text messages...mine was complete but was doing something (I forget what it said), then four text messages came through, I responded to three (thinking my phone could multi-task because it's "smart,") then got a message saying the install wasn't able to do it's thing b/c battery too low and so I plugged it in and the screen went black!!! :-o Then, an apple appeared in the center. Will report back after second attempt. ::)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1379605493|3523541 said:

Oh no! I hope it looks okay on my phone. I probably should have saved all my pictures to my computer hard drive before updating...I don't even know what the new color scheme is suppose to look like...

It's really pretty, just seems softer then before, and I'm not used to it yet. :D

I don't use instagram...maybe you can google that. I decided not to use it b/c doesn't Facebook "own" rights to all the instagram pictures or did that not end up happening? I love the look of the pictures with that app, though...[/quote]

Hmmmm... I don't know about FB owning the rights, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. :rolleyes: I don't necessarily use Insta for the social networking so much as the awesome filters for my photos!!! Then I can print them and I feel like an ar-teest! :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did it last night when I got home from my hair appointment, and it was of course the PEAK of all download time, it took like 2 hours for iCloud to let me backup. I did a computer backup just as a backup plan. I think it took me a full 4 hours to back up and then to do the update...but so far I am pleased.

The feature I was most looking forward to was the "card" multitasking feature which is a total and direct steal of WebOS, but one I was SUUUUUUUPER happy about.

I did not like having to correct all my settings again for privacy/location, notifications, etc, because I don't want that on in the first place for tracking and I don't want it on for battery reasons either. So I am still tweaking. When I get my 5S whenever that ships or I get it in my hands, I will have figured out enough of the OS I think.

The only other annoying bug I noticed so far is related to wallpaper. If you want to like resize it, you can't without going in to "Accessibility" in settings and turning "reduce motion off" and keeping it off. Because if you turn it back on, your resize goes away...stupid.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, it just finished updating. All kinds of other languages started popping up which was worrisome for a second there. I'll have to look at the features in a while when I get a chance. The icons look weird and clash with the background photo I have up (which is a picture of a waterfall I took on a hike)...

In a couple days, I'll probably be use to it...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1379601049|3523500 said:
just figured this out...if you want to X out of stuff you aren't using, double click the home screen and swipe them up. They will disappear.

What am I missing... I can't get that to work :confused:

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
msop04|1379608393|3523563 said:
MC|1379605493|3523541 said:

It's really pretty, just seems softer then before, and I'm not used to it yet. :D

I don't use instagram...maybe you can google that. I decided not to use it b/c doesn't Facebook "own" rights to all the instagram pictures or did that not end up happening? I love the look of the pictures with that app, though...

Hmmmm... I don't know about FB owning the rights, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. :rolleyes: I don't necessarily use Insta for the social networking so much as the awesome filters for my photos!!! Then I can print them and I feel like an ar-teest! :lol:[/quote]

Get the Camera+ app - a million times better filters!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1379610662|3523591 said:
soxfan|1379601049|3523500 said:

What am I missing... I can't get that to work :confused:

Don't swipe the icon, swipe the preview window above the icon.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovebug1031|1379614541|3523622 said:
Get the Camera+ app - a million times better filters!

Thanks lovebug!! Would you post the name of the app?? :))

EDIT: Ohhhhh, "Camera+"... LOL

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which one did you like? There is a "Camera Plus" for FREE and a "Camera+" for $1.99...

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone noticed that the camera is slower on the new iOS7?? With the older version, it would capture the image the instant I touched the button... but now it waits a sec, focuses, then takes the photo -- WHICH I HATE -- UGH!! Does anyone know if there is a setting that can be adjusted to change it back?? This quickness of the camera is one of the main reasons I switched to iPhone after having Android, so this is kind of a bummer for me, since my old HTC took sharper pics (but was just slow)... ::)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
msop04|1379629375|3523786 said:
Has anyone noticed that the camera is slower on the new iOS7?? With the older version, it would capture the image the instant I touched the button... but now it waits a sec, focuses, then takes the photo -- WHICH I HATE -- UGH!! Does anyone know if there is a setting that can be adjusted to change it back?? This quickness of the camera is one of the main reasons I switched to iPhone after having Android, so this is kind of a bummer for me, since my old HTC took sharper pics (but was just slow)... ::)

Mine is just as fast as before (actually it seems a bit faster). Are you on a 4/4S or a 5?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1379629828|3523788 said:
msop04|1379629375|3523786 said:

Mine is just as fast as before (actually it seems a bit faster). Are you on a 4/4S or a 5?

iPhone 5 :|

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results