shape
carat
color
clarity

So who’s planning on buying a Lightbox diamond?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put this topic in the fashion jewellery area because I think people that normally buy moissanite may switch to labcreated diamonds once it becomes more affordable. I can’t wait for September and I would definitely like to buy a 1ct white diamond but I also wonder if I should wait a year to see what happens to the prices. Hmmmmm.

What are your plans?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Meeeeeeeee!!!!!!

I am getting at least a 1 ct necklace , I want 2 - 1ct stones for a pair of earrings and I am thinking of having a bracelet made of the lab diamonds. ( probably .5 carat stones for the bracelet. )

They said they will be selling in september, so hopefully sooner than later! I want most of these stones set by christmas!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F08D7C67-320D-4E44-9489-F94423462F70.png I would get this one, chop off the bottom (put it in a ring) and enjoy the little blue guy in necklace form :P2

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Does anybody knows what’s the aproximte pricing for these lab stones ? Are they will be dirty cheap like Moissanite or close to the price of natural stones ?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anybody knows what’s the aproximte pricing for these lab stones ? Are they will be dirty cheap like Moissanite or close to the price of natural stones ?

800 per carat.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
$800 usd. And they’ll be set in cheaper settings like silver.
Hmm! So that’s the trick ? They come out with a new way of creating stones bcs as far as I remember , nowadays lab diamonds are just little bit cheaper than natural

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My take on it is that debeers is trying to devalue lab-created diamonds. They can afford to sell them for “cheap”. Can’t wait to see how this plays out!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes , debeers is trying to destroy the lab diamond market.

All other stones ( emerald ruby sapphire) lab stones are dirt cheap compared to fine natural “real” ones.

Lab diamonds are barely less than a “real” diamond and those companies make a lot on a lab diamonds.

I personally think debeers is trying to undercut all the lab diamond makers and once they are out of business debeers will raise the price of the lab diamonds back up to where the current lab prices are.

They said they will have actual one carat lab diamonds for 800 $ so I am hoping to get a few for my personal fun jewelry and stuff I lend my daughters.
I will have it removed from the junk settings and set in 14k

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would be very interested in a pair of ear rings around 1.2 tcw, but they don’t ship to Australia :cry2:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be very interested in a pair of ear rings around 1.2 tcw, but they don’t ship to Australia :cry2:

Oh yeah, they won’t be shipping to Canada, either. What a drag!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you guys remember when moissanite was under patent? And now that it’s not... wow has the price gone down!

Makes me wonder if one day I’ll be buying a $20 labcreated diamond from China.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Do you guys remember when moissanite was under patent? And now that it’s not... wow has the price gone down!

Makes me wonder if one day I’ll be buying a $20 labcreated diamond from China.
I guess like with Moissanite,it will just cost more expensive to buy a good quality ones ,with good cut and clarity , cheap Moissanites can be gorgeous and can be so ugly !

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea about this! Thanks! I hope the cut will be excellent on these stones. I would like a bracelet as well.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'm surprised how many people have mentioned buying these for their kids...reminds me of how the tiffany toggle bracelet was "the thing" among well to do teens a million years ago ...i so wanted one back then :lol-2: will be interesting to see how this plays out around xmas time...i'd hope they don't purposely give them a subpar cut.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I’m curious to see how they review. I have a setting for a one carat stone coming in the mail and with this so close I don’t know that I want to pull the trigger on another moissanite right now.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m curious to see how they review. I have a setting for a one carat stone coming in the mail and with this so close I don’t know that I want to pull the trigger on another moissanite right now.

I know, right???!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess like with Moissanite,it will just cost more expensive to buy a good quality ones ,with good cut and clarity , cheap Moissanites can be gorgeous and can be so ugly !

So true

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been thinking about buying one but I am really dying to know the cut quality.

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
I went to Brilliant Earth in Chicago and the lab-grown diamonds I saw there were indistinguishable from the Earth-mined diamonds. If the quality of the Lightbox diamonds is just as good, $800/ct will be WELL worth it!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wonder if the pink ones will be very popular considering how popular morganite has been and the fact the diamonds are so much more durable than morganite.

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock
If lightbox jewelry came out with tennis bracelets I would buy one in a heartbeat... but looking at the advertisement photos, tennis bracelet may be too “serious” to be sold under the brand :roll

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I emailed to ask if they had any plans on cutting larger sizes and they said no. I was pretty bummed to hear that.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Basically 1 carat is the largest they will go? I suppose that they had a specific demographic in mind then :(

I agree. I was hoping to get at least a 1.5 carat but I guess not. Maybe they’ll change their minds down the road, but initially they’re trying to devalue the lab diamond by setting in silver and selling in smaller sizes. I’m still anxious to see the cut and color quality of the white stones!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think eventually other competitors will sell larger sizes.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I think this move will drive lab diamond prices down and possibly put some companies out of business. DeBeers wants to sell lab diamonds in smaller sizes and not in rings or e-rings specifically or they essentially would be competing against themselves. Of course people can reset these stones but I think their target demographic is millennial’s who don’t have as much disposable income. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I expect the trend to follow a pattern similar to moissanites. More people enter the market place to drive the price down....

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My theory is they're already losing money on the one carat stones and going any bigger would cause them to lose even more money.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I will be super interested to see how this plays out. The press from DeBeers on this has them playing MMD off as the inferior alternative to earth mined diamonds—there was a quote from one of the head guys about how these wee what you wore to the beach because I’d wouldn’t matter if you lost them. They are not offering engagement rings because they are marketing these as a fashion product. They are clearly angling to enter this market to devalue the product. As much as I would love to see them offer ideal cut stones, if their intent is truly to position MMD as an inferior product to earth mined diamonds, I suspect that the cut quality will not be superb.

That said, I’m absolutely thinking about a pair of 2ctw earrings. But would want a recut to super ideals. Who would do that? How much weight would you lose? And how much would that process cost?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results