shape
carat
color
clarity

So where can I get a legitimate MMD?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ithaca.andy

Rough_Rock
I think its great that we can make diamonds in the lab, and I''m not worried about these MMD''s being distinguishable from there more expensive carbon counterpart. Although I''m going for something other than a Diamond, I don''t want to skimp on something that will be on the finger of my soon-to-be better half for the rest of her life...so any who here''s my multilayered question... Are legitimate MMD''s even a good choice for jewelry that is not expected to dull or chip or is it a farse that MMD''s can withstand the same beating a natural diamond can? If they''re worth it where can one buy a legitimate Man Made Diamond (not CZ or cut glass etc., etc.)? Even better (this is what I''m really curious to here answers about) what could be better than a diamond as far as engagement rings go (ie. strength, shine, cut, color, but most of all strength)?

I haven''t completely ruled out diamonds but I''d like to do something a little more unique. Thanks in advance for any help that''s available from your brilliant minds!
34.gif

EEFranklin

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Man-made diamonds have all the same properties (hardness, density, refractive index, dispersion, etc.) as a mined diamond, so they are just as durable.

You can purchase one from ourselves (D.NEA), Gemesis, Apollo or Chatham. The biggest factor on who to choose will be determined by the color and carat weight you are looking for. They are available in fancy yellows, blues and white (colorless), and can also be treated to become pink, green, red, etc.. Whites are the most difficult to grow, so selection is currently very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results