shape
carat
color
clarity

SO ticked at Georgiou!!! advice to make rtn?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sera

Ideal_Rock
So... I''m going to be looking for a dress... I stop into Georgiou and saw a possibility but didn''t have time to try it on (and didn''t try it on despite the high pressure from the SA).

I come back a few days later, try it on, it looks alright but I''m not sure. I''m in a rush, get high pressure from the manager to purchase a sweater and necklace and earrings, too. I tell her I''m not purchasing jewelry until I buy the shoes (she tells me I''m doing it backwards yadda yadda yadda and more pressure). I buy the dress.

I get it home, realize I don''t like it. I take it to return today... two SAs tell me there are no returns, on exchanges or store credit. I said nobody told me that. They ask who sold the dress to me, I tell them the mgr''s name. They reply, "And she gets on us to tell customers there''s no returns and she doesn''t even tell you." They said I will have to talk to the mgr since they are not even authorized to make a return.

The receipt says returns within 14 days if unworn and tags attached... cash and check you have to wait 30 days for your money back... no return on special occassion.

OK... so #1... they didn''t tell me BEFORE I bought the dress of this policy. I did not see any signs and no signs were pointed out to me. #2 it''s on a receipt which was not pointed out to me and of course it''s there only AFTER purchased. Had I known this was the policy, I would not have bought it if I wasn''t sure about the dress. #3 I don''t know that the dress is even special occassion as it''s someone sort of knit blend... the back looks sundress-y which is one of the main reasons I''m returning it.

I don''t like confrontation... especially with pushy people.

Any advice on speaking with the manager tomorrow???
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

Ugh... now that I''m all ticked off, I gotta go in for my first evening at a new job I''m stressing over
32.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would absolutely point out the returns within 14 days statement, and say that you wouldn''t have considered buying the dress without a return policy. Tell them you do not think it is a special occasion dress...that would be like a formal gown or cocktail dress or something. They should have told you if it was not returnable. If they give you a hard time, tell them that you will have no choice but to contact the BBB. Good Luck!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. And that exactly right... I would not have gotten it. Ugh... my stomach is all in knots over the impending confrontation and my first "professional" interpreting tonight!
32.gif
23.gif
6.gif
14.gif
I do hope she remembers that she did not tell me the policy.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
30 days on a cash purchase? I wouldn''t bother with the BBB I would call the district attorney. It is a form of thievery by intimidation. In 30 days are you going to be paid via a CHECK??? Arggh.

Georgiou Return Policy

Ok...so I have reread your post and do I understand you are saying you used a store credit to purchase the dress? I wonder if the clerks just got their policy confused.? Or if there was a lack of communication between you and the clerks? No money back on a store credit is done everywhere I shop. A store credit never can morp into anything else.

Is it possible you misunderstood them? If you are adamant that you didn''t, why not place a call to corporate first, before you go in. Explain you want to handle this with their assistance as your time is valuable. And cooperation at the retail level seems to have met a roadblock with a policy you have not experienced there before.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 3:32:29 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
30 days on a cash purchase? I wouldn''t bother with the BBB I would call the district attorney. It is a form of thievery by intimidation. In 30 days are you going to be paid via a CHECK??? Arggh.

Georgiou Return Policy

Ok...so I have reread your post and do I understand you are saying you used a store credit to purchase the dress? I wonder if the clerks just got their policy confused.? Or if there was a lack of communication between you and the clerks? No money back on a store credit is done everywhere I shop. A store credit never can morp into anything else.

Is it possible you misunderstood them? If you are adamant that you didn''t, why not place a call to corporate first, before you go in. Explain you want to handle this with their assistance as your time is valuable. And cooperation at the retail level seems to have met a roadblock with a policy you have not experienced there before.
I used my ATM to purchase the dress, and I still have the dress. Yesterday I attempted to return it. Today I will attempt again.

I want to return it, and I want my money back... the only time the policy was mentioned was AFTER the purchase when I came back to return it.

The receipt (obviously after purchase as well) states returns may be made within 14 days if tags are on and item is unworn, cash and check purchases made will be returned in 30 days and no special occassion items may be returned.

On their website, the dress is not under the "special occassion" section- it is under the "dresses" section.

So... since it''s within 14 days, it is unworn, it has the tags on it, I did not pay with cash or check, and it is not a special occassion dress... it meets the terms that should give me my money back today when I go in.

If again today they don''t allow me to return it, I''ll do as you suggest and call corporate. If no progress there, I''ll file a complaint with BBB like DS suggested.

Hopefully, they will return it today with no problem (though their track record causes me to expect a ''tude lol).

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 6:06:29 PM
Author: sera

Date: 2/26/2008 3:32:29 AM
Author: door knob solitaire

Georgiou Return Policy

I used my ATM to purchase the dress, and I still have the dress. Yesterday I attempted to return it. Today I will attempt again.

I want to return it, and I want my money back... the only time the policy was mentioned was AFTER the purchase when I came back to return it.

The receipt (obviously after purchase as well) states returns may be made within 14 days if tags are on and item is unworn, cash and check purchases made will be returned in 30 days and no special occassion items may be returned.

On their website, the dress is not under the ''special occassion'' section- it is under the ''dresses'' section.

So... since it''s within 14 days, it is unworn, it has the tags on it, I did not pay with cash or check, and it is not a special occassion dress... it meets the terms that should give me my money back today when I go in.

If again today they don''t allow me to return it, I''ll do as you suggest and call corporate. If no progress there, I''ll file a complaint with BBB like DS suggested.

Hopefully, they will return it today with no problem (though their track record causes me to expect a ''tude lol).
Definately call corporate and let them know you''ll be filing a complaint with BBB.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would point out that it''s on website under dresses (print it out and take it in to show them).

also i''d tell the manager that they did not point out no returns when they sold it to you, typically stores will say ''and you know there is no returns on XYZ right''...and tell them that you will file a complaint with the executive office and BBB if they don''t do it.

they PROBABLY will do it...esp if it''s the manager, she doesn''t want to get dinged with the executive office most likely. you don''t have to have a confrontation with her, i''d just go in and say they asked me to talk to you about this, and say you want a refund. if she gives you flack, bring up the other points.

i know this is no help to you now but i always ask about return policy when i buy anything like this...because you just never know. i am the queen of returning too so i just automatically ask hehe. good luck!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just got back...

She was upset and at first she argued that it could not be returned because it was ''special occassion'' according to her. I kept repeating the website classified it as a dress, not special occassion. She called corporate to verify and tell them they need to change the site to be consistent with the stores. They do have a sign on the register that is the same policy as on the receipts.

Mara, I think from now on when I''m in a smaller store I will ask about the return policy as well.

When she got off the phone, she agreed to return my money to my ATM. She stated she wants her customers to be happy and hoped she didn''t lose me as a customer. I told her not at all, the clothes are very nice, it''s just this particular dress did not work for me for this particular event.

I''m very happy that she returned the money and followed what the policies state... because she did, I would consider purchasing from them and could recommend their store (providing customers know in advance what can and cannot be returned and understand they are very straightforward and will push the whole ensemble rather than buying "a" piece).

She''s Greek and asked if I saw MBFGW because that is how they are... the boyfriend says, "I''m a vegetarian." Greek lady says, "Oh. That''s okay, I''ll cook you lamb." lol

Glad it ended well.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Glad it ended to your satisfaction. With an added bonus of a funny scene from a movie. Woo hoo! Sounds like you two are buds!!

PS. I think I misunderstood you on the return policy...I thought you meant you had to wait 30 days to get your money back...even if you paid cash. Since you are planning to return to the store, I reread the thread, and is obviously my error...I thought this place is wacky! Upon learning you plan to return...well, I thought you were too!

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
Good for you! I''m glad you were able to work things out. Now you can relax and have a great time at the party
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay sera..congrats! def in the future i would ask about return policies...!! i am always paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results