shape
carat
color
clarity

So I pulled the trigger

exclusivo

Rough_Rock
My wire to GOG cleared this morning and my stone should be here tomorrow, and then on it's way to Victor Canera in LA. I started out with a total budget of about 15k, with expectations of a 1.3-1.5ct G/H VVS2 stone. Then I found this website, found the emilya halo and was overwhelmed with information, and thought maybe I should up my budget, since everyone with an emilya halo has a huuuge stone.

Then I found this thread ->https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-anyone-have-a-vc-emilya-in-1-25ct-or-less.202964/
and the rest went really fast, I found this stone on GOG -> http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/1ct-i-si1-hand-selected-round-premium-ideal-cut-diamond.html Only a 1.01ct, I color, SI1, but I know my girlfriend she's simple and wouldn't want anything too flashy. I actually decided to drive over to GOG late on Saturday afternoon, right before closing and spoke to Matt. Very helpful guy, he understood what I wanted and didn't try to sell me something I didn't want, in fact he suggested I take a look at this http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/1-05ct-i-si2-hand-selected-premium-round-ideal-cut-diamond.html an 1.08ct I SI2. I was not even considering an SI2, but seeing a few diamonds side by side, and with Matts assurance that the SI2 was a good performer, I decided to pull the trigger. I spoke with Victor today and everything is set for the work to be started next week. In 2 months, I will be proposing to my girlfriend on the beach in the Dominican Republic. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Any comments on the stone? I wish I would have asked for advice before purchasing, but it was one of those eff it, lets do this moments. All in all, After seeing the stone in person and seeing the smaller emilyas in the thread above, I am pretty with the purchase, and also coming in 1/3 under budget.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the stone was eye-clean to your satisfaction in different lighting conditions then you found a winner!

Please post pictures when you get it back from Victor. I'm sure it's going to be lovely!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Can't wait to see the finished product. I hope you come back to show us the ring/handshots!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks nice in the photos...what do you think?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely!!!!! Matt is so very helpful.. he helped me pick my AVC.. good people there. When my son saves enough I plan on sending him to GOG for his girlfriends ring!

exclusivo

Rough_Rock
Tekate|1431126774|3874248 said:
It's lovely!!!!! Matt is so very helpful.. he helped me pick my AVC.. good people there. When my son saves enough I plan on sending him to GOG for his girlfriends ring!

I like it, looks great indoors and in the sun. Plus my girlfirends finger (4.5) is smaller than mine and the halo will make it look larger too. It scored a 2.0 on the HCA tool, so pretty satisfied.

I will definitely post pictures of the finished product.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results