shape
carat
color
clarity

So I found our diamond - now how to best complete the transaction?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dfb

Rough_Rock
We found our target - almost to the exact specs - RB, 1.7+,H,VS2,Ideal cut,Ex Symmetry,VG Polish (this is where we gave in), HCA score of under 1, 1A cut on AGA standards, etc. - and the price was right for us - so we are very happy - now this is with a well respected PriceScope vendor - so my question - do I just wire transfer - and have the diamond sent to me directly - or is it best practice to have the diamond stop over with an appraiser on its way to us to ensure all is well? I trust the seller - and he has received a LOT of high praises from folks here - so what would you do?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I would see the diamond first to make sure you love it before you spend money on the appraiser. You can make an appointment with a local appraiser if you have one or just send it on to the appraiser of your choice to get it checked out before the return period expires.

Good luck!

a

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Who will set it?

If this is not an issue, and you''ll be seeing it before set regardless...an advantage of having it sent first to you, as Angeline says, is that if you do follow with an appraiser, he''ll clearly be reporting to you, and also even need not even know who your vendor is. Best he knows who is buttering his bread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results