shape
carat
color
clarity

So I did it!!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
58B7DCC4-55F0-49FB-A4A3-B276DFEF3553.jpeg 6F3419D9-7687-43FF-A233-A314BC529C67.jpeg F3ACD4DC-298D-40E5-A44F-A0A5DD8B6D5B.jpeg If you followed my recent threads, you know that i had been contemplating a recut or upgrade of my 2.20 Gia I si2 stone , hca scoring of 5.6. Many posters were very helpful with my first world issue. Thank you!
Last night, after spending a weekend with the new stone and stopping by an appraiser so that I could rule out any issues with clarity (like haziness, durability, etc) I got the green light to attach myself to my new stone.
Gia 2.52 I color si2 and faint flourescence and i swear it makes my stone look a lot whiter than my previous I. Unfortunately, I had to part with the setting that I loved bc the stone was hanging over the halo too much that the diamonds in the halo had been minimized to half their size. This realization led me to toy with the idea of a chunky halo. But also, The appraiser suggested that the prongs were set to high and in his opinion, were almost dangerously set. Being the serial resetter that i am, i was not too devastated to have a complete makeover. So I swapped out my setting for a round halo— which i had missed and for a chunky halo— which I now know that I prefer to a dainty one.
A few pictures for now!

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @nala I have been following your journey and am so glad you were able to make your decision. It is beautiful and I love the new setting! :love: It looks like it is a firecracker on your hand and the size is amazing!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @nala I have been following your journey and am so glad you were able to make your decision. It is beautiful and I love the new setting! :love: It looks like it is a firecracker on your hand and the size is amazing!
Thank you! I’m so happy for you too!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a size difference! Enjoy that beautiful honker - it looks utterly mesmerising!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! :love::love::love: It's gorgeous nala, so lively and sparkly and huge! The setting is perfect for it, looks amazing on your hand!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and perfect!

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That ring is massive! I think it turned out beautifully. And I love the not too matchy-matchy band that you paired it with.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous! :love: I am so glad you decided to do it!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breathtaking! That stone is gorgeous and I love the magnificence of the setting -- blingy yet dainty and refined. Bravo!!! :appl:

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great choice!!! Suits your hand perfectly and looks huuuuuuge!!!

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's beeeeeautiful!!!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been following all of your threads and I'm so excited for you! It is beautiful, wear it in good health.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! :love::love::love: It's gorgeous nala, so lively and sparkly and huge! The setting is perfect for it, looks amazing on your hand!
Thank you!! I haven’t stopped staring At it all day. So embarrassed to admit I hardly slept last night bc I couldn’t wait to wake up and see it in the sunlight. Lol.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is massive! I think it turned out beautifully. And I love the not too matchy-matchy band that you paired it with.
Thank you! I have to admit it’s a bit heavy. Lol. The chunky halo weight is taking a little getting used to. Lol. And that band is one of the few that actually matches in color with the ring. Most of my other stackers are a bit tinted. So guess I’m limited for a while.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful - so glad to hear that you are happy with your choice! Enjoy it and don't worry about staring at it - that's what they are made for! Congratulations!

Hopefully, you won't want to reset this one for a long time! The stone might have been the reason you were always resetting - ha!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breathtaking! That stone is gorgeous and I love the magnificence of the setting -- blingy yet dainty and refined. Bravo!!! :appl:
Thank you! I’m glad that i stepped out of my comfort zone and went chunky! The halo stones are a G-h color and I think my stone is picking up on the whiteness! I thought yhry would have made it look tinted but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been following all of your threads and I'm so excited for you! It is beautiful, wear it in good health.
Thank you! It feels so feminine and romantic!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful - so glad to hear that you are happy with your choice! Enjoy it and don't worry about staring at it - that's what they are made for! Congratulations!

Hopefully, you won't want to reset this one for a long time! The stone might have been the reason you were always resetting - ha!

Thank you! And especially for all the Input in my previous threads!

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You're hilarious Nala.

Enjoy your beautiful new ring.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! What a stunner! I have followed quietly your journey and I am very happy for you that you've found your dream diamond...hope you continue to love the setting as well! Enjoy.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! What a stunner! I have followed quietly your journey and I am very happy for you that you've found your dream diamond...hope you continue to love the setting as well! Enjoy.
Yes. Thank you. I have to say that I think it is my dream diamond ! Checked all the right boxes and I’m still swooning.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and it looks perfect on your hand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results