shape
carat
color
clarity

so heres the stone story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
ok so you know how i mentioned that i had a 2.5-3 ct asscher "floating" around...well guess who got the story behind her stone.....mmhmmm i did...so my BF''s grandma recieved a 3 ct VVS1 G color AMAZING stone! well all the sisters have had their turn with this stone and well they have been talking about passing it down to "keep it in the family" well all sisters are married and were next to get married so they have decided the stone will come down to me!!! ME!!! i cant believe it i cried when i heard that news he broke the news sunday nite! i am so happy...although he did explain that we WONT be getting engaged before next summer and thats ok im fine with that i am blessed to know that that stone is being GIVEN to me by his whole family and its an honor...so thats my future stones story! thanks for listening
36.gif
35.gif
36.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Wow.

That is some story. Those are some INCREDIBLE women in your future family. I am sure your to be hubby is a great...but, but, but....that family is quite a catch!!!!!!

PS. I am in tears for you!! Beautiful.

DKS

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i was in shock and in tears its like he was proposing but not really....they are an amazing close family and i am tooo lucky to become a part of this family!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Emilina, that''s an amazing story and a real compliment as it means ''acceptance'' from his family, which is wonderful. I''m so excited for you and can''t wait to see pics of your future stone. I hope you get a sneak peak at it sometime soon. I''m excited for you.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
A fairytale, for sure! How great is that? Sounds like a wonderful family you are joining.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky you! A great stone AND family.

We''ll need pics, long before next summer.
11.gif
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 7:42:17 AM
Author: Ellen
Lucky you! A great stone AND family.

We''ll need pics, long before next summer.
11.gif
9.gif

ditto!! that''s really is amazingly special they are willing to pass a family heirllom down to you. any thoughts on how you''re going to set it?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, how very special is that!! Not only a fantastic family but a fantastic family heirloom to boot! I can''t wait to see how your ring turns out.
36.gif
36.gif

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
cute, cute, cute!
and veeeeeeeeery exciting!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i know right now the stone is in a fire proff box where it wont get lost or hurt or damaged so i wont be able to get my hands on it anytime soon just knowing that itll be on my hand is fine with me right now....as for setting it were pretty sure were setting it in this tacori

http://www.tacori.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH&Product_Code=2565RD9&Category_Code=ENGAGEMENT&Store_Code=TACORI&Search=A&offset=15&filter_cat=4&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=%20&srch_srcha=1

and we would match it with a simple diamond pave band and then another either saphire and white diamond band or a black and white diamond band so that it would match his black titanium and white diamond wedding band..

thanks everyone
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your ring is going to be beyond wonderful!

I love the Tacori rings, and I think sapphires and diamonds are just gorgeous. But I have to tell you that I don't think that the Faye Cullen rings are equal to the quality of Tacori. I'd check and see if Tacori makes any with sapphires and if not, check out Beverely K (and I am sure there are others that are high quality). Black diamonds are neat for some pieces of jewelry, but I can't imagine putting them with a Tacori e-ring. I think of them for men or in fashion jewelry for a woman. I think you'll be much more pleased with sapphires.

ETA: found an example of a Beverley K ring. You may find other styles at other vendors as well. You can call and get a price for platinum, if you go with platinum for the e-ring

http://www.elizabetajewelry.com/Details.asp?ProdID=281&category=8

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i know we wont go with the fay cullens but those were the style of wedding rings i was loking at...i have yet to see black diamonds but if anything i will stick with saphires that are gorgeous!

thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know Tacori will make the ring you want with sapphires instead of diamonds. I am not sure if they use black diamonds (I know they use yellow). It wouldn''t hurt to ask. I love the setting you posted. It is so elegant.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
omg, 2.5-3 carat asscher?!?!?!?! You lucky lucky girl!!! Can''t wait to see it!
36.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
thansk every one i know.....i cant wait either but ill have to its just reasurring that we have an amazing stone with an amazing history....
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Emilina!

Congratulations on the stone! Wow.. you really are a lucky girl to be marrying into such a wonderful family! But I am sure he along with his family feel lucky to have you as part of their family too! The Tacori setting you''re looking at is absolutely beautiful. Like others have suggested, you should get a wedding band from Tacori to match your ring. It will be so fantastic!!! Please keep us updated on this fairy tale!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the stone - can''t wait to see what you end up setting it in!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''d go with black sapphires rather than black diamonds.

Black sapphires are sparkly and glassy looking, whereas black diamonds are opaque and look like bits of pencil lead.

I have seen some nice ones - but we are talking perfect 2-3ct size with am amazing setting using lots of tiny pave to give sparkle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results