shape
carat
color
clarity

So excited! New-to-me red spinel JKT ring!

kt

Shiny_Rock
So i've admired all the lovelies here from JKT and was debating getting something made...and i've been hunting for a RED spinel...and I found both at the same time! I love this ring, and I didn't realize that JKT's bezel rings are so delicate - the photos make them look more chunky!

Almost impossible take an accurate shot of the red with my iPhone but it's definitely red without brown or pink to me but the photos make it seem darkish and the PS post is also making the color weird....it's definitely a brighter red than how these look. Anyway, the bigger issue is that I had to pair it with my Paloma Picasso band because it's a size too big...I emailed JKT to see if she could size it down, otherwise I have to look for some sort of insert to get it down from a 6 to a 5+. Apparently the stone is from Dana @ MasterCutGems, it certainly does sparkle! SO psyched! :bigsmile:

red spinel ring1.jpg

red spinel ring2.jpg

red spinel ring3.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I love red spinels!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, congratulations.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is RED! Congrats on a great find :))

T

talamasca

Lovely ring and the red is gorgeous :love:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, what a lovely red spinel! Gorgeous!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very pretty! That looks perfect on your hand, and the stone is beautiful.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous piece!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I love the color of the red spinel, You captured the red quite nicely.

Annette

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice red!

kt

Shiny_Rock
Aww, thanks everyone! This was such a serendipitous find since I was really scouting all the cutters' sites but couldn't find anything that I liked or could afford...not that red is all that common,either! So I'm so happy with this one!

Turns out Julia doesn't think she can resize it without risk to the stone so I have to take it to my jeweler and get one of those sizing bands put in...but really one day I think i may have it reset in gold since the stone is just so gorgeous and I don't know if the argentium is really bringing out its fullest potential.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results