shape
carat
color
clarity

Snore no more?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
$279 for a peaceful night's sleep is worth it if this thing actually works. When DH is on a roll, the entire bed shakes.

https://www.smartnora.com/

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So all it does is inflate/deflate. I think my kick to the leg does the same effect LOL.

Okay really, mostly what I do is a 'noisy turn over' huffy and obvious. It does the same thing I assume this is - a subtle wake, but not a full wake UP - and he stops. At least for a bit. Luckily I don't have to toss and turn 'obviously' for too long, but if you did, I guess I can see this coming in handy.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a light sleeper. Between his snores and leg twitches, I never wake up rested. And because I know his habits so well, I lay there anticipating the sequence of nightly events -- first there's the the big twitch that happens as he falls into a deep sleep, then his hands start to move as though he's playing a piano, then some the soft susurrations that build into the mattress quaking snores. He is being relegated to the guest bedroom until a better solution is found.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has he had a sleep study by chance? That may yield some indication as to why he snores so much.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Jenn. Nothing was found out of the ordinary.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, do you sleep with ear plugs? The CB snores and his leg jerks and god only knows what else (are we sleeping with the same man?!?) and I found that if I can FALL asleep I generally STAY asleep. The ear plugs are key for me in doing that. Obviously the ear plugs don't stop the bed from moving, but if I'm asleep I generally don't notice that (as much). I guess I should qualify that and say I am assuming there is motion going on because I notice it at other times, but when I put ear plugs in and go to sleep I DON'T notice it. Does that make sense? Of course there are exceptions -- when he starts the damn running of the bulls or whatever is going on Dee is WOKEN UP ear plugs or no!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel your pain ladies! So happy I am not alone in this. Between his snoring and the tossing and turning it's a wonder the poor dog and I get any sleep at all. I usually kick his leg to wake him up so he stops. After reading everyone else's experience I am counting my blessings that he doesn't have a lot of leg jerks thrown in the mix. It's so bad that I can go to another floor of the house and still hear him snoring.

My poor husband could also complain about me. I have the thermostat set at 50 degrees at night and he puts up with it. I know he is freezing but he rarely complains about it. Once in a while he will comment that it's so cold in the house he can see his breath.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="Dee*Jay|1488598009|4136282"]Matata, do you sleep with ear plugs? The CB snores and his leg jerks and god only knows what else (are we sleeping with the same man?!?) and I found that if I can FALL asleep I generally STAY asleep. The ear plugs are key for me in doing that. Obviously the ear plugs don't stop the bed from moving, but if I'm asleep I generally don't notice that (as much). I guess I should qualify that and say I am assuming there is motion going on because I notice it at other times, but when I put ear plugs in and go to sleep I DON'T notice it. Does that make sense? Of course there are exceptions -- when he starts the damn running of the bulls or whatever is going on Dee is WOKEN UP ear plugs or no![/quote]
They don't work for me. And just so you can anticipate the torture -- there is no fall asleep/stay asleep once you hit a certain age. It's fall asleep, wake up at 1 a.m. fall asleep wake up at 4 am fall asleep wake up at 7 and make up for the deficit with an afternoon nap. Menopause messes with ya in different ways.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1488600447|4136291 said:
[quote="Dee*Jay|1488598009|4136282"]Matata, do you sleep with ear plugs? The CB snores and his leg jerks and god only knows what else (are we sleeping with the same man?!?) and I found that if I can FALL asleep I generally STAY asleep. The ear plugs are key for me in doing that. Obviously the ear plugs don't stop the bed from moving, but if I'm asleep I generally don't notice that (as much). I guess I should qualify that and say I am assuming there is motion going on because I notice it at other times, but when I put ear plugs in and go to sleep I DON'T notice it. Does that make sense? Of course there are exceptions -- when he starts the damn running of the bulls or whatever is going on Dee is WOKEN UP ear plugs or no!
They don't work for me. And just so you can anticipate the torture -- there is no fall asleep/stay asleep once you hit a certain age. It's fall asleep, wake up at 1 a.m. fall asleep wake up at 4 am fall asleep wake up at 7 and make up for the deficit with an afternoon nap. Menopause messes with ya in different ways.[/quote]

Oh Matata -- say it ain't so! As it is half the time I wake up at 3 am to pee and only fall back asleep in time for the CB's alarm to go off at 5... to fall back asleep in time for my alarm to go ff at 7... ;( An afternoon nap isn't really an option unless I either climb under my desk (on the days I go into work) or just give my clients the keys and tell them the to go see the properties themselves. (And the National Association of Realtors frowns VERY HEAVILY on that... I think it might be a offense that results in my license becoming toilet paper!) :-o

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1488601742|4136297 said:
Matata|1488600447|4136291 said:
[quote="Dee*Jay|1488598009|4136282"]Matata, do you sleep with ear plugs? The CB snores and his leg jerks and god only knows what else (are we sleeping with the same man?!?) and I found that if I can FALL asleep I generally STAY asleep. The ear plugs are key for me in doing that. Obviously the ear plugs don't stop the bed from moving, but if I'm asleep I generally don't notice that (as much). I guess I should qualify that and say I am assuming there is motion going on because I notice it at other times, but when I put ear plugs in and go to sleep I DON'T notice it. Does that make sense? Of course there are exceptions -- when he starts the damn running of the bulls or whatever is going on Dee is WOKEN UP ear plugs or no!
They don't work for me. And just so you can anticipate the torture -- there is no fall asleep/stay asleep once you hit a certain age. It's fall asleep, wake up at 1 a.m. fall asleep wake up at 4 am fall asleep wake up at 7 and make up for the deficit with an afternoon nap. Menopause messes with ya in different ways.

Oh Matata -- say it ain't so! As it is half the time I wake up at 3 am to pee and only fall back asleep in time for the CB's alarm to go off at 5... to fall back asleep in time for my alarm to go ff at 7... ;( An afternoon nap isn't really an option unless I either climb under my desk (on the days I go into work) or just give my clients the keys and tell them the to go see the properties themselves. (And the National Association of Realtors frowns VERY HEAVILY on that... I think it might be a offense that results in my license becoming toilet paper!) :-o[/quote]
It seems you're in menopause training although I assume you've got quite a ways to go. I started in my 30's and finally finished the whole damn process 18 months ago. That's 32 years of learning what a traitor one's body can be. I'll spare you tales of errant hairs and how they grow in places that can cause great public humiliation :errrr:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, Matata is telling you the truth about sleep and menopause. I remember telling my doctor's nurse that I was sleeping terrible. Her reply was it won't get better and will probably get worse. She said she had not had a good nights sleep in 10 years. Hot flashes are another fun thing. Lucky I skipped the whole errant hair thing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, just sharing this in case it can be of any help though it is probably a long shot. My dh snores too but I have found if he doesn't drink alcohol his snoring is (usually) considerably less. Just wondering if your dh has a cocktail before or with dinner perhaps have him go without a drink for a few nights and see if it makes a difference.

And I fully empathize and understand what you are going through re sleeping. I wake up every 60-90 minutes throughout the night and usually have trouble falling back to sleep. A fitful sleep at best. And my sleep is already abbreviated due to the fact that I usually can't fall asleep till late and wake most usually before 5AM. It sucks. And I hear you on menopause (and I understand that word now...wanna put the man on PAUSE please lol :lol: ) messing with you. And does it last. WOW. How many years and still counting. :knockout:

Wishing you and all the lovely ladies here deep restful sleep and sweet blingy dreams. :snore:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, did your husband try smart nora? If so, how was it?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find a pillow over the face works too :lol:

Seriously, my husband's snoring is definitely worse if he's had a glass of wine. ATM I barely sleep, I'm hot all the time, he's always cold, he can slept standing up, I have trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep.

I'll be very interested to hear if snorry nora works.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alcohol is terrible for snoring. Matata, has your spouse had an ENT exam? Nasal obstruction, ? maybe, since he passed his sleep study...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results