shape
carat
color
clarity

SNL - you are disgusting

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally uncalled for. All children should be off limits.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this earlier today and if a conservative had said this about Sasha or Malia people would be calling for them to be fired. This is disgusting. Rabid dog and worthless excuse of a human being and a woman. I wonder if she has kids?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Just wow.
:nono:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1485022051|4117552 said:
Totally uncalled for. All children should be off limits.

Yep. You don't go messing with kids. Period.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I will be curious see if SNL does fire her.

Anything less, is not acceptable, imo.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree kids are off limits but SNL did not broadcast this.
A writer for SNL tweeted it.

That's not the fault of SNL, as the thread title states, but I do hope this writer is fired or reprimanded.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Karl. Hoping they get fired or reprimanded.

What they wrote about Barron is just horrible. Leave the kid alone!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that children should be off limits in the circus of politics.

Kenny makes a very valid point (quoted below) however: SNL did not broadcast this and (at the time of my post based on what I can find so far) has not come out in support of it. Therefore SNL is not disgusting (at this point and unless some information comes out to show that to be the case), but the tweeter behaved inappropriately in my opinion.

kenny|1485022927|4117578 said:

That's not the fault of SNL, as the thread title states, but I do hope this writer is fired or reprimanded.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If SNL does not denounce the writer as being wrong then they are at fault also. We shall see.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SNL has regular skits skewering Trump.
Now that Trump is boss his supporters are inspired to pressure media to STFU about stuff the right doesn't like.

Trump and his Trumpettes are a very real threat to the first amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Trumpettes chipping away at our Constitution is why inaccurate and manipulative tread titles like this SNL - you are disgusting are important to point out.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People have a right to say whatever they want - except fire in a movie theater. We also have a right to hold someone accountable for their speech. I seem to remember a thread just recently where people were saying this same thing in response to a pastor not being on Ellen.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1485025614|4117626 said:

Kenny makes a very valid point (quoted below) however: SNL did not broadcast this and (at the time of my post based on what I can find so far) has not come out in support of it. Therefore SNL is not disgusting (at this point and unless some information comes out to show that to be the case), but the tweeter behaved inappropriately in my opinion.

Disgusting that they did not immediately come out and condemn it.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1485026521|4117635 said:

Exactly! :clap: :clap: How many times on THIS forum have I read others say (paraphrasing) 'silence or failing to act equates to condoning the behavior' in regards to Trump's comments, discrimination, sexual assault, etc? Just more "do as we say, not as we do". :roll:

I wouldn't otherwise think SNL should respond or take action on an employee's off-duty, personal demonstration of their free speech rights IF the precedent had not been set by those on the (far) left curtailing others' free speech and other rights.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1485035053|4117722 said:

Exactly! :clap: :clap: How many times on THIS forum have I read others say (paraphrasing) 'silence or failing to act equates to condoning the behavior' in regards to Trump's comments, discrimination, sexual assault, etc? Just more "do as we say, not as we do". :roll:

I wouldn't otherwise think SNL should respond or take action on an employee's off-duty, personal demonstration of their free speech rights IF the precedent had not been set by those on the (far) left curtailing others' free speech and other rights.
I don't know if legally SNL can do anything more than issue a statement that the view of this employee does not affect the view of SNL. I know from being a former public employee that what I said and did outside of the office was seen as a reflection of the organization I worked for and I could be disciplined or fired if my actions or words brought embarrassment to the employer because there is a law stating so. I don't know if private employers have the same latitude. In the case of SNL or any other entity that relies on ratings, they'll probably do whatever they feel is necessary to hang onto ratings regardless of whether it's the ethical thing to do (yes, I am exhibiting cynicism).

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1485036034|4117735 said:

I don't know if legally SNL can do anything more than issue a statement that the view of this employee does not affect the view of SNL. I know from being a former public employee that what I said and did outside of the office was seen as a reflection of the organization I worked for and I could be disciplined or fired if my actions or words brought embarrassment to the employer because there is a law stating so. I don't know if private employers have the same latitude. In the case of SNL or any other entity that relies on ratings, they'll probably do whatever they feel is necessary to hang onto ratings regardless of whether it's the ethical thing to do (yes, I am exhibiting cynicism).

If it is right for the left to demand people be fired, disciplined, etc. then it is only fair that the same sentiment be displayed by the right. Its not about what is legal, it is about hypocrisy.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1485036034|4117735 said:

My husband work for a public organization. Mine is private. We both have moral clauses as to our conduct.

The person who made that disparaging remark about Michelle Obama - petitions were flying and he was forced to resign.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1485022303|4117557 said:
I saw this earlier today and if a conservative had said this about Sasha or Malia people would be calling for them to be fired. This is disgusting. Rabid dog and worthless excuse of a human being and a woman. I wonder if she has kids?

Well she should be fired, although SNL is a comedy so she might get some rope.. it's true that the children of presidents should be off limits (too bad for Chelsea Clinton but we can all learn from that meanness).

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Tekate|1485036992|4117754 said:
ruby59|1485021801|4117546 said:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/21/snl-writer-deletes-tweet-saying-barron-trump-will-be-first-ho/21659857/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Rich

info on her and her husband

The tweet was removed, but in one form or another everything on the Internet is forever.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1485036608|4117746 said:
We both have moral clauses as to our conduct.

Bingo! Many private industry employers have moral & ethics standards employees agree to abide by as a condition of employment, or face disciplinary action or termination, because employees' actions can and do reflect on employers, as demonstrated by THIS very example (tweet).

And in 'right to work' states, I don't believe they even need to provide a reason to fire someone.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in a RTW state and you can be fired with no reason given.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Sadly, her tweet was only one of many - Baron was trending on Twitter on inauguration day :nono: :nono: :nono:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I made an error and did not state my full thought when I made this post.

I said that SNL "has not come out in support of it."

I meant, but did not fully articulate, that SNL has not come out in support or in opposition of it.

Also included in that thought (that *was* posted) was "at that time," so let me explain that.

I understand the desire to have SNL decry the statement (putting free speech of the individual who made the tweet aside, although I personally do not agree with what they have done) but I had to take a step back at "immediately." Not knowing the time frame of when the tweet was made vs. when this thread was started I did not know if SNL had had ample opportunity to state a position yet. HOWEVER, now we are one full day later (from the thread being started, so later still from when the tweet was made) and I have not been able to find any statement or action taken by SNL. I hope I am simply not finding it and that SNL had indeed manned up on this. (If so, someone please post it as I truly have looked.)

So Ruby, I think our perceived "disagreement" here lies in the missing second half of my thought (regarding opposition -- and again, the fault here is mine in not fully articulating the first time) and in the timeline *potentially* not giving SNL time to have acted at the time I made my post (although as I stated I think now more than sufficient time has passed and I still don't see anything). Really, I think, that we have no disagreement at all here. How rare is that for us?! :cheeky: Peace on this one! :wavey:

And I acknowledge that I do not always come back and fully explain my posts or thought processes (on any topic, including those of late), but I feel that this topic, related to this child, is important enough to do so.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1485101957|4118067 said:

I made an error and did not state my full thought when I made this post.

I said that SNL "has not come out in support of it."

I meant, but did not fully articulate, that SNL has not come out in support or in opposition of it.

Also included in that thought (that *was* posted) was "at that time," so let me explain that.

I understand the desire to have SNL decry the statement (putting free speech of the individual who made the tweet aside, although I personally do not agree with what they have done) but I had to take a step back at "immediately." Not knowing the time frame of when the tweet was made vs. when this thread was started I did not know if SNL had had ample opportunity to state a position yet. HOWEVER, now we are one full day later (from the thread being started, so later still from when the tweet was made) and I have not been able to find any statement or action taken by SNL. I hope I am simply not finding it and that SNL had indeed manned up on this. (If so, someone please post it as I truly have looked.)

So Ruby, I think our perceived "disagreement" here lies in the missing second half of my thought (regarding opposition -- and again, the fault here is mine in not fully articulating the first time) and in the timeline *potentially* not giving SNL time to have acted at the time I made my post (although as I stated I think now more than sufficient time has passed and I still don't see anything). Really, I think, that we have no disagreement at all here. How rare is that for us?! :cheeky: Peace on this one! :wavey:

And I acknowledge that I do not always come back and fully explain my posts or thought processes (on any topic, including those of late), but I feel that this topic, related to this child, is important enough to do so.

Thank you for your follow up post, Dee Jay. It is much appreciated.

And to the other poster, I did see some trending as to Baron, but it was in a positive light.

One was talking about how cute he is. And the other how he was trying to distract Ivanka's son from crying when his father was signing some papers in the oval office. Those kind of posts were nice to see,

Now,I hope the press will just let him have as much a normal childhood as possible outside their ever vigilant eyes.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I did a few searches but I have not found anything from SNL commenting about one of the writers.

Even though the writer did it from her own personal tweet, she still represents them.

But as Dee Jay pointed out it has been a few days, so anything now would be lip service, imo.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like Trump as a person and have no confidence in where and how he will lead the country, but ALL children are off limits.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results