shape
carat
color
clarity

Small Victories?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone! I''m newer to PS, but have been a lurker for a while, and even newer to the healthier lifestyle thread. Lord knows I need it! I adore food...delicious rich food, accompanied by wine, so while I work out 5-6 days a week I maintain my weight and losing is always a struggle.

In the last couple of months food has been the next focus for me (baby steps!) but it''s been paying off. I''m finally down 10lbs because of my new focus on smaller portions, better foods. I was wondering if anyone else here does the same internal nerdy happy dance every time you make good decisions???

For example, I travel a lot for work, and normally going into an airport signals something in my brain that tells me to eat bad because I''m on vacation...but I''m not! So for me to get a yogurt and a tea in an airport as opposed to the vacation me who wants a huge latte and muffin or cinnabon.

Also this morning is another example I wanted to hi-five myself! We have a great cafe in our offices and the most amazing cooks there, so usually on Fridays I spoil myself and get a breakfast burrito. But I knew that I was meeting a friend for lunch and wouldn''t be able to eat my usual half a chicken breast and small soup, so I wanted to make a good breakfast decision. I was |thisclose| to ordering my burrito until I turned around and got my fat free milk to mix with carnation breakfast powder and a yogurt. YIPPEE!!! I eat that all week for breakfast and really love Friday''s, but I''m so psyched I stayed with it!

Does anyone else get this excited about something so lame? Hahaha...I usually have one instance a day, but if you all would post up yours maybe we can all learn from it and it would help us all to make better decisions?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Pinki!

I do understand totally and I am sure many of the others do too, its so empowering to make these healthy choices, it feels good doesn''t it???

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I totally relate. Big victory actually!

While weight loss is never my goal, healthy eating and lifestyle always is. We are renovating our kitchen and while out the other day it would have been so convenient to get drive-thru--but home I came instead, and ate smoked salmon on Ryvita crackers, balkan style yougert and honey and grapes!

Good on ya! Keep up the good work!

cheers--Sharon

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! One good healthy decision leads to another to another, etc. It''s like getting in a good workout and then eating a healthy meal after!

Have a great time at lunch. Enjoy!!

Btw, I love your ring in your avatar!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I think we could be eating twins
2.gif
I also have a hard time turning down food I love, but I'm working on it. I can't say I've seen results yet, but I have noticed that I'm eating smaller portions, so I think it's only a matter of time. I'd love to lose 10lbs! Good job
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Pinki! That is very exciting! Congratulations on losing 10 pounds.
36.gif

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 11:07:05 AM
Author: BeachRunner

Btw, I love your ring in your avatar!

Thank you BeachRunner! It''s my engagement ring, and ironically it was given to me a year ago yesterday! YAY! It''s a 1.5 G VS1 asscher, 2 traps @ .2 and then another carat of pave.

We''re getting married June 26th
36.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Pinki, I relate 1000000%!!!

Getting those victories to string together is really tough at first, but I think now that when I have a good few days in a row, that now is my "small victory."

I also tend to overeat at work when my boss is constantly bringing donuts or pizza. It feels huge to eat the oatmeal I brought or pack my own lunch and stick to it.

I would love to share the small victories with you! Just post even what seems like the smallest thing...I do it over in the healthy living thread all the time. Some of us just need that encouragement and need to express when they do make the right decision...I know its what helps me.

For example, just yesterday my husband took me out to bob evans for breakfast. I was so proud of myself bc I ordered from the "lighter fare" menu. I could not believe I actually ordered oatmeal and yogurt at a restaurant, while he sat across from me chomping on his sausage, bacon, and pancakes! So not fair that he is so freakin naturally skinny!

shine4me

Rough_Rock
Yes Yes and Yes! I''m as well new to this part of the forum but I lurk all the time! I can completely understand your love of food I just love good food! Esp the rich and starchy and just call me Paula Dean because I believe butter makes anything better ha, but I am so proud of you and your decisions!! It is so hard to justify eating this or that but the reasons aren''t valid if we get right down to it, so Hooray on smart choices!! And I find as soon as I choose the alternative bad over good the taste and hunger is gone just as quick as it would be with the better choice I have to remind myself of that! But way to go! Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results