shape
carat
color
clarity

Small Takahashi?

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Hi - I've just joined - I am a longtime pearl lover, got my first for Christmas 1969. Although I only have a few strands and earrings, and am no judge of quality. But I'm inspired by what I've been reading!

I'm also of a certain age, and would like to buy something top or very near top quality, probably from Takahashi. I'd really like a multi-strand necklace of gorgeous but small pearls. I think shots like this are just to show the pearls, but I think they'd make a lovely necklace. Does anyone think they'd go for that?

The second photo (with many strands) is described as 'very rare luster' and, well, they had me.

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 09.19.37.png Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 09.22.32.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally would not wear 3+ strands of smaller pearls unless they are twisted, as I do not believe they would sit nicely on my neck.

2/double strands are my limit, and 7-7.5mm in a double strand makes a great impact.

I don't have a pic of my 8-9mm double Freshadamas from PP that I had (now sold) to be able to show you; nor the replacement 7 to 7.5mm double Freshadamas from PP that I bought in 2016, sorry!

DK :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure. Why not? I’m confident they’ll be just as happy to sell their smaller pearls as their biggers :bigsmile:

I agree with dk in that I prefer twisted strands, but to each her own! The flat multi strand is a very formal and very striking look!
One thing you might do is have them vary the lengths so that they don’t all lie right below each other… If you like that look.
And you could also do several individual strands and buy a separate connector clasp. If you want the option of wearing them alone. Pic is just for example.

Attachments

• 65C1D8C1-9E3A-4DF2-A469-BE0832DDEA86.jpeg
    65C1D8C1-9E3A-4DF2-A469-BE0832DDEA86.jpeg
    281.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I have two small pearls from Takahashi & the quality is amazing. They are gem-grade, I think. I'd be thrilled with a multi-strand necklace of the same quality.

I also have a mid-size pair & a larger pair. They are all beautiful but the largest pair is a bit too pink for my coloring. The pearls you posted look like they are a beautiful color.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do consider the weight of the multistrand necklaces. Pearls are heavy, in quantity.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Well, I was thinking of three strands of 3.45-4. I included the picture of many strands just to show the magnificent luster.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results