shape
carat
color
clarity

Small hoop/huggie lovers - do you wear your studs much?

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am finding I really want a little more bling than my .8tcw bezel studs, I really would like some small inside outside hoops.

Wondering if I should consider selling my studs to put towards the hoops.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have studs (pre-PS so not well cut) but I much more prefer huggies/hoops. I like the casualness of simple solid metal huggies on casual days. I
do have some small diamond huggies but they just seem so fragile that I dont put them on that often. If (when) I have bigger diamond hoops I'll
wear those for more dressed up occasions.

Have you considered diamond jackets? I still prefer hoops but just thought I'd mention it.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have studs (pre-PS so not well cut) but I much more prefer huggies/hoops. I like the casualness of simple solid metal huggies on casual days. I
do have some small diamond huggies but they just seem so fragile that I dont put them on that often. If (when) I have bigger diamond hoops I'll
wear those for more dressed up occasions.

Have you considered diamond jackets? I still prefer hoops but just thought I'd mention it.
I agree with the jackets suggestion. Sounds like your studs need to wear a jacket to keep warm for the fall.;)2

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with the jackets suggestion. Sounds like your studs need to wear a jacket to keep warm for the fall.;)2
Pinto, I love your analogies, always so witty. Not sure about the jacket look for me, I tend towards the more pared-down aesthetics. Plus I can be disorganized with my earrings and have curious little kids, I just might loose one of the jackets :eek2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear both. I have studs about the size of yours, some small hoop and some higher carat weight hoops (1.45) I wear them all about the same. I do find that I will wear one for a period of time, day after day and then switch to another and do the same thing. I wouldn't get rid of any, I love them all!

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear both. I have studs about the size of yours, some small hoop and some higher carat weight hoops (1.45) I wear them all about the same. I do find that I will wear one for a period of time, day after day and then switch to another and do the same thing. I wouldn't get rid of any, I love them all!
Thanks for the perspective, I feel like this might be how I go too!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no help. I've put my baguette huggies up for sale because I stopped wearing them once I got my AVR studs. But they're not inside outside ones.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like variety and wear studs with jackets or the hoops with dangling drops depending on my outfit.

Generally, in the warmer months, I wear the hoops with dangling drops with shirts with lower collar; in the colder months, I wear studs with flannel shirts with higher collars.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a completely personal choice. I think most people who wear earrings wear studs but I never wear my stud earrings. I always wear dangles (for the most part). But I am a dangle girl.

The more classic choice are studs as they go with everything and every occasion.
I just love the way dangle earrings feel on me.
The soft swish as I move, the romantic feeling as they sway and the ever so gentle awareness they are there makes me feel feminine and pretty.

If you are unsure keep both and wear as the mood dictates. If you find you are not wearing your studs you can sell them then. It's nice having variety in one's bling wardrobe if one can swing (haha swing) it.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well I have 2 holes so I wear my studs in back and my huggies in front. Pretty much every day. What I will add to my collection when I stop distracting myself lol, is a bigger pair of studs to wear double studs sometimes, and even some diamond huggies with large stones but not big like hoops. So I say save up and own both!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have these:
https://www.bluenile.com/monique-lhuillier-diamond-hoop-earrings-in-18k-white-gold_44063
Melee is beautiful - bright white, sparkly, and clear.

They’re my casual earrings. My diamond studs are my daily go-tos; pearl studs replace diamond studs for client meetings. The hoops definitely pack a lot more punch than studs of the same ctw would, and I love that they’re inside-out - they don’t hang perfectly face-forward on the ears so that back interior curve is visible when worn!

Agree that if you own both you’ll probably find times you prefer one or the other ::)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have some diamond huggies
ive never worn them
im having trouble with my piercings

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have both, a set of IDJ 1.50 ct huggies & my 1.28 studs I use with my IDJ jackets . Yet, I ALWAYS reach for my huggies. They’re small but have impact, beefy size diamonds & fit every single wardrobe you have. The studs scare me. I have the Protector backs which don’t actually lock & seem to be too loose. I need to find an alternative solution to keeping these on without slipping off. But in the last 6 yrs I’ve owned my huggies, I’ve literally worn them everyday without fail. Even to work in a heavy duty cardiac intensive ward. They just work & work flawlessly. If I had to choose between the 2, I’d go for huggies. Just ensure the backings are a tight click. Awesome everyday style earrings. :) I was lucky to have the luxury of being able to buy stufsvas well. The huggies by far are my go to!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok...I don’t know what stufsvas is supposed to be. o_O :lol-2:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I wear my 1 ctw studs every day. They have screw backs so I never worry about them falling out (I learned that lesson the hard way!) They feel light so they don't weigh down my earlobes. I love the classic look of studs, they go with everything I wear from casual to fancy.

My ex-husband gave them to me a very long time ago, so the diamonds aren't as white as I'd like, and they aren't super ideals, but they still sparkle like crazy. I'm thinking about listing them soon so I can upgrade to CBIs.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't worn my huggies since I got studs so it's very much a personal choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results