shape
carat
color
clarity

Slight Dissapointment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mickeyva

Rough_Rock
So, I am a little disappointed. First let me say, no matter what the ring looks like or what the diamond is that''s in it, I''ll love it regardless. I''ll be more ecstatic about the meaning of the ring (the proposal and engagement) vs. the ring itself. But, that being said...

I had found what appeared to be a beautiful diamond online (at least on paper). It was in his price range, the size was towards the larger range we were looking at, it was an AGS0 with the best scores in Light performance, symmetry, and polish, and it scored a .9 with the HCA. I sent it to the BF (he told me if I was bored to look under in a certain price range), and even he thought it looked like a great stone. I suggested putting it on reserve. When I checked the stone later that evening, it said it was no longer available, and I was all excited that perhaps he had reserved it (as background, I know he can''t purchase a ring until this Saturday at the earliest). But, then when I started looking at the reservation policy for the vendor, I noticed it was only 48 hours, and since it would be at least a week till it would be purchased, I assume someone else has taken it. In some ways I''m glad I figured this out so I won''t be expecting that stone when he does propose, and like I said, I''m sure whatever he picks out will be beautiful. But, there is a twinge of initial disappointment.

Just needed to tell someone (and clearly it can''t be him!).

princessk731

Rough_Rock
mickeyva - Don''t be disappointed...many vendors have a cap on their reservation time, so 48 hours may be the max it can be held.

Keep your hopes up, if it is meant to be your diamond it will be...
emsmile.gif
Otherwise Pricescopers will be more than happy to help you find a similar stone.

mickeyva

Rough_Rock
I know there are other stones out there - my second choice is still available! But, I told him on Monday I would no longer discuss it with him and I would no longer provide my input. We were between two settings I love, so whichever one he picks will be great. And, as far as the stone, he knows what my preferences are and the link to the HCA, so I''ll let him do the looking and picking. The last thing I want to do is give my opinion of something after he''s bought the ring. Plus, I''m exhausted by it all!!

LadyJane83

Shiny_Rock
I can relate mickey. I feel the same way you do (anything will be beautiful etc) ... but my bf and I have been looking at stones together, though he wants to do the ultimate "picking." I think he is pretty close, but a few of the stones we liked are gone. I also know that there is plenty out there... I''m still exicted as hell, but starting to get frustrated by the process. I think it might be the lack of control over what is going on.

Your bf will find another stone. The differences b/w stones in given price ranges are so small that you probably wouldn''t be able to tell if you held them side by side. Sometimes it is almost like there are too many options.

Hang in there and stay positive!
1.gif

A

Anonymous

I can totally relate to your feelings on this one! I did the same thing a couple of times a few weeks before I knew we had the money to make the actual purchase and ended up feeling disappointed too. The fabulous news is that YOUR diamond is out there and I''m sure your FF will find it as soon as he can.
5.gif

mickeyva

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the advice! He did come home and tell me that he thinks I''m going to be really excited by the ring!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you''re stressed about this - but your soon-to-be fiance seems like a great guy - I''m sure you will love it, especially after your last post :)

mickeyva

Rough_Rock
I''m definitely not stressed about it. It''s like when you find a pair of shoes you really liked, and you sort of had your mind set on the black over the brown, but the store didn''t have the black in your size. But, you take the brown and you love them anyway even though it''s not what you had originally thought you were going to get. If anything, I''m feeling really excited!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results