shape
carat
color
clarity

Sliding pearl pendant - wear feedback

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking of adding a GSSP pendant to my collection to wear with GSSP drops. I saw a sliding pearl design which I like because it's sleek and modern . Because I never owned such a design, I'm looking for feedback and thoughts on durability and wear for pearl drilled through the middle and sliding on the chain back and forth.

Here's the link to the style
https://www.pearlparadise.com/colle...-golden-11-0-12-0-mm-south-sea-pearl-necklace

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will have to be careful with any skin lotions or perfume that will come into contact with the pearl. I think the drilling won't be an issue such as pearl splitting.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a similar GSSP pendant from POJ - my pearl has gold lining the drill hole so it slides smoothly through the chain and the pearl is safe.

moreno-glam-shot_-_ps.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a similar GSSP pendant from POJ - my pearl has gold lining the drill hole so it slides smoothly through the chain and the pearl is safe.

moreno-glam-shot_-_ps.jpg
I didn't see that drill hole is lined in PP description, I may ask them if they do that.

What's the mm size of your pendant pearl? I'd love to see a neck shot!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My GSS is the 10-11mm size, AAA - for me it is the perfect size - large enough to be noticeable and to show well but not so large as to affect wearability and versatility - I wear it to work at least once a week - and I wear it often for evening or weekend events - and I really really love the look and feel of the snake chain. I'm posting the POJ listing so you can see the tiny gold liner around the drill hole. https://www.pearlsofjoy.com/18-Golden-South-Sea-Pearl-Solitaire-Pendant-All-Sizes_p_165.html
https://www.pearlsofjoy.com/18-Golden-South-Sea-Pearl-Solitaire-Pendant-All-Sizes_p_165.html
I've bought from PP and POJ (and others), and I'd think PP definitely could make it for you with the drill hole liner (if theirs doesn't come with already), but if somehow they can't or not cost effectively, for sure I recommend that you check out POJ's version. I bought mine 2-1/2 years ago and it has been consistently in the rotation since day one.

This weekend I'll try to get a pic of me wearing the pendant and post it for you; I thought i had one already but couldn't find it.

collier

Shiny_Rock
I'd love to see a neck shot. How long is your chain?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ My chain is 17" (special request) though I think POJ's standard is 18"?

And, sorry, last weekend got away from me, but by this Sunday if not before I promise to post a neck shot, thanks for your patience!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing, so metallic!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: beautiful

collier

Shiny_Rock
That is stunning! thank you :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results