shape
carat
color
clarity

Sleep positioners? (reflux)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

I think DD may be suffering from acid reflux. She has a lot of the signs mainly arching her back and lifting her legs when she eats and she will not sleep on her back. Right now I have a sleep positioner that helps with positioning her on her side. I’m thinking about getting one that will also help position her on an incline to help with digestion. Any suggestions? Should I just try putting a sheet or towel under her bassinet mattress first?

Also, if your LO has/had reflux, I’d love any tips you can share on relieving discomfort.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 6:05:46 PM
Author:fiery

I think DD may be suffering from acid reflux. She has a lot of the signs mainly arching her back and lifting her legs when she eats and she will not sleep on her back. Right now I have a sleep positioner that helps with positioning her on her side. I’m thinking about getting one that will also help position her on an incline to help with digestion. Any suggestions? Should I just try putting a sheet or towel under her bassinet mattress first?

Also, if your LO has/had reflux, I’d love any tips you can share on relieving discomfort.
Fiery - D doesn''t have reflux but HATES being flat on her back or horizontal so has always slept on her side on an incline.

I put a rolled up sweater under the mattress at one end to incline it - I can then control the angle really easily. To help her side-sleep without turning I have a blanket rolled into a sausage that I place down her back so if she does roll back then she can''t get totally on her back.

She doesn''t move much when she''s asleep, but does like to be close in to the side of the crib.

I''d try the towel under the mattress first before buying incliners.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Kyle was having reflux issues for a while, so we bought a big wedge that went under the sheet. He squirmed off it every night (even while swaddled), so it did no good
7.gif

I second Pandora, try to incline the whole mattress with just a rolled up towel/sheet and see if that helps before you bother buying the special incline products.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
There is a new product on the market designed for babies that need to (for medical reasons) or just seem to prefer to sleep in a more upright position. Check out www.napnanny.com and maybe this will be something that works for your baby. This product was designed by a friend of mine - I don''t have babies anymore so I haven''t used it personally but from what my friend tells me, the response from those who are using it is very positive. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results