shape
carat
color
clarity

Skinny fingers or big knuckles

Stopsignhank

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I am a guy and I wear a wedding ring. My ring slides around and I am constantly having to adjust it so the diamonds are back on top. Do you all have any hints what I can do so my ring does not spin around? I can't really size it smaller or then it will not fit over my knuckle. I don't want to have to put yarn on it like we did in high school. :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add more diamonds to make it into an eternity so when the ring spins you only see diamonds.

Stopsignhank

Rough_Rock
Thanks Missy, I did not know about the sizing beads. Not sure if they would work for me because I work with my hands sometimes. Although looking at the sizing beads showed me the horseshoe spring. That might work for me.

Baby M, My ring is similar to the ring in this story. So you can see that it is top heavy. If I had gone with the typical round ring I would not have this problem. Since I went with the diamonds on the top that makes it want to spin around to the bottom.

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/641/A-Goldsmith-s-Amazing-Restoration-Of-A-Man-s-Wedding-Ring-That-Went-Through-The-Garbage-Disposal

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My knuckle is easily a full size bigger than my finger. I did sizing beads as well, because horseshoe sizers don't come in Plat and I cannot have gold near my skin of any karatage. The sizing beads actually made a big difference, enough that it doesn't go nuts even in winter. Mind you I don't wear my rings when I am working with my hands but if you're wearing a wider band, you might consider beads top and bottom on the inside, maybe in two or three places. You'll still get it over your knuckle but it will fill the space on your finger once it gets beyond the knuckle.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I've heard that a Euro shank prevents rings, apparently even top heavy ones, from spinning, though I don't have any personal experience with them. Obviously I don't know if having the bottom part of your ring modified is doable, or even an option for you. Maybe a jeweller who does repairs could advise you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results