shape
carat
color
clarity

Size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chicken

Rough_Rock
I've been married for almost 2 yrs. and when searching for engagement rings I was only really concerned about the setting. I wanted a think, platinum band. Wasn't so concerned about the diamond size. Well, I received .60ct, flawless but now I realize everyone I know and everyone I come in contact with and all tv ads, society etc. really emphasize size. I'm going nuts, I feel so insecure all of a sudden. I quess I wonder why size is such a statement. I know a women that has a 2ct but bought it at Service Merchandise's clearance sale, to me that is strange. I feel he only bought it for the statement of the size not quality, etc. Any comments??

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Chicken-
I think you should look at the situation realistically. Know what is important to you. A diamond is viewed as a symbol. Size of a diamond doesn't equate the love and affection or any real true feelings you share between your spouse. It is sort of a token a representation of the union you share with one another. What is important to you is what matters. A .60 flawless stone is a fine size if that's what you like. You seem from what you state that you prefer quality over size. Consider yourself somewhat of a rarity because some people consider size over everything.
Look at things this way. If someone has a million dollars in there bank account,if they're smart will be financially secure for the rest of their lives. On the other hand does this same person have in their life what makes them happy. Quality over quantity is a good way of looking at things. Quality of life over looking at the quantity of how much you have. You can apply this to your questioning why people prefer size and some of your insecurities about having a smaller stone. Bottom line if your happy with what you have no reason in changing it because of outside influences.
Well chicken I hope this helps you out a little and be proud of your diamond.

Best Regards- Scorpion :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results