shape
carat
color
clarity

Size of sidestones...???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
First, let me say that I love this website! It has been unbelievably helpful.

BF and I are looking for erings (actually, I am doing the looking -- he is making sure I am not blowing the budget budget). I have already found the oval center stone that I want, and I am pretty sure I want pear sidestones. My question is -- what size pears?

Of course, I want all the stones to be as big as possible, but there is only so much room on my finger, unfortunately. The diamonds listed below will make a very broad span of diamonds across my finger, but that is okay, isn''t it? I think that the sidestones will be set to slope down from the center stone, so it won''t all sit flat, which will help keep the span from being to obnoxious.

Here are the measurements of the center stone:

2.13 carat
9.67 x 7.30 x 4.34

Would pears with the following measurements be too big? My ring size is 6.

.46 carat
6.32 x 4.58 x 2.88

.45 carat
6.25 x 4.54 x 2.87

Any insight?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think you''d be fine. here is kristydarlings 3.56 with 1.14 ctw pear sides and she''s a size 3.5..

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kristydarlings-3-stone-by-leon-mege.44363/

Wholehand.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think .45 pear sidestones will look absolutely beautiful with your center stone. It will give you substantial finger coverage, but not too much. I also think the proportions will look lovely. They are big enough to notice, but not so big that they will take away attention from the center stone. I can''t wait to see pictures of how this ring turns out!!

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
HOLY MOSES! That is a beautiful ring!

I can''t even believe I am writing this, but kristindarlings ring makes me think an RB might be the way to go
20.gif

No no no...I just love ovals too much!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I think those side stone sizes should be great with your diamond...
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay with the oval, it''ll be beautiful. I think the .45 will look great.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they would be a perfect combination.

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
I think it will be magnificent !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they would be a perfect size for your ring. I can''t wait to see it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others it will look lovely; please post pics if you buy it. You can always ask the vendor to arrange them next to the oval and take a picture for you.

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for your helpful replies.

I feel much better about the sizes now, and I am thinking I might even be able to go BIGGER on the sidestones.
31.gif

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
I think that would look lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results