shape
carat
color
clarity

size differences

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit - I'd mislabelled the bigger as my 11.9mm WSS. It's not, it's my 9.7mm akoya. Fixed within my edit window, sorry all :rolleyes:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably not a lot. But enough that relying on dimensions from pics is a bit of a problematic proposition.

Hard to argue with the data -- thanks for taking the time!.

Both views way underestimate the difference in diameter, which should be 61% and not the 26% and 32% (ish) that I get from (imprecise) measuring on my monitor with a clear metric ruler.

You are correct -- I can't say much of anything from photos like these. I hope I remember this!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit - I'd mislabelled the bigger as my 11.9mm WSS. It's not, it's my 9.7mm akoya. Fixed within my edit window, sorry all

You never should have said that -- take my humble admission of ignorance and never look back!

Now it should be a 31% difference in diameter and it is much "truer" (i.e., ~ 32%) in the second set of images, as you initially suggested and later proved!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LilAlex :lol:

There is, I acknowledge, the fact that ears do tend to keep their shape regardless of how often we might change earrings - so one of these comparisons may be of rather more real-world practicality than the other :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results