shape
carat
color
clarity

Size difference between 7 and 8 pointers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
okay, i know we''re talking about a reeeeeaaalllly teeeeeny tiiiny size difference...but once set (in a shared prong band), do you think 8 pointers will appear larger than 7 pointers? do you think there would be a noticeable difference?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, my guess is that you won't really be able to see much of a difference.

My engagement ring has 4 pointers in a shared prong eternity setting, and my wedding band has 7 pointers in a shared prong eternity band. I can see a tiny difference, but DH swears that they look exactly the same.

ETA: I should also add that my wedding band (with the bigger stones) is also a half size bigger, which makes it noticeably wider, so it's the size and not the stones making the ring wider.

Here's a picture:

FIRE!HavensSetpssss.jpg

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
2.7mm vs. 2.8mm - probably not much difference to be seen after they are set...although the diam. difference represents a 7.5% increase in surface area for an 8 pointer vs. a 7 pointer.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found a better picture comparing the 4 and 7 pointers.

Haven4versus7.jpg

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
great pic. thanks haven!

anyone have comparison pics of 7 and 8 pointers?

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have anything to add, but just wanted to say that Haven your ring is gorgeous!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results