shape
carat
color
clarity

Size 5 show me three stone rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
My bf told me yesterday he''s not a fan of solitaires and I''ve seen some beautiful three stone settings here. Would any PSers mind posting hand shots of their three stone rings if you''re a size 5, with stats? I''m worried that while bf likes the three stone setting, that the three stones could be overwhelming since I have long, slender fingers.

This would help me get a better idea of what it would look like in person. I''m still too chicken to go into jewelry stores by myself!!

Thanks guys!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 7:53:54 PM
Author:lilythespitfire
My bf told me yesterday he's not a fan of solitaires and I've seen some beautiful three stone settings here. Would any PSers mind posting hand shots of their three stone rings if you're a size 5, with stats? I'm worried that while bf likes the three stone setting, that the three stones could be overwhelming since I have long, slender fingers.

This would help me get a better idea of what it would look like in person. I'm still too chicken to go into jewelry stores by myself!!

Thanks guys!!

Welcome, Lily

Here's mine. 2ct centre stone, with 1/2 carat each sides. Size 5.5. I don't have long slender fingers like you...but digital cameras do something to handshots that make us all feel that we need finger lipo!!

OH, and my skin!! It looks so shrivelled up!

32.gif

LostSapphire12.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is mine...my finger is 5 - 5.5 (I cannot remember what this ring is sized to!). The center stone is .51 and the sides are .27 each.

ringrethree.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a full handshot (kinda blurry)

ringrethree2.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Here is a hand shot of my three stone ring on my size 5 finger. The center stone is 1.24 carats and the sidestones are .5 carats each. Hope this helps with your decision and please come back and show us what you and your boyfriend end up choosing.

suehandshot8.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I''m worried that while bf likes the three stone setting, that the three stones could be overwhelming since I have long, slender fingers.

I don''t have any pictures to share, but I thought I''d add that this was exactly the case for me. My finger is 4.75-5, really slender and long. When FF and I started looking at rings, I was dead set on getting a three-stone. After trying them on, I found that the three-stones really didn''t look too good on my finger, I felt that they seemed blockish and overwhelming.

I think the only way you''ll know for sure is by trying them on and judging them on your own finger. Three-stone rings look gorgeous on other people (like the lovlies that have been posted so far on this thread), but they just didn''t work out for me.

Good luck, let us know what you decide!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my Ering on my size 5 finger. The centre stone is .77ct, and each sidestone is .39ct.

Bleeeech! Excuse the terribly swollen potty fingers, it''s 7:30pm here and still over 28 degrees celcuis!!
5.gif

EringAlone.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With my wedding ring. I have another band the same that I wear on the other side of the Ering, but it's a bit too hot this evening for ring stackage!
14.gif

AndiEringWBand1.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t be afraid to go to jewelery stores by yourself! I was nervous about that too, at first... that they''d just pass over me when I said I wasn''t buying. What seemed to work well is to say something like "My boyfriend wants me to look at rings and and then tell him where to go." That way, it takes the buying pressure off YOU (if you tend to feel that) while still giving the sales associates incentive to serve you well (not always necessary, but it helps in some cases).

Also... there are a LOT of other alternatives to a solitaire than a three-stone! Diamond bands, side stones, etc. Trying things on is the ONLY way you''ll find something that you can be sure will look great on your hand
1.gif

happyday

Shiny_Rock
Hi lilythespitfire,
Here is a top view of my ring. It''s not a three-stone, but it is a round center with baguette side stones.
I thought I would post it for you just to get another idea.
It''s a size 5, but my finger is actually a size 4.75 (that''s why it looks a little wide on my finger). I wanted it a little big because I stack it with a wedding band and anniversary band.
Anyways, the center stone is 1.25 and the baguettes are about 0.33 total.
I totally agree with musey that there are a LOT of other options than a three stone. But a three stone is also totally gorgeous.
You shouldn''t be nervous to go to a store by yourself ... once you do, you''ll have so much fun and you''ll just know what looks great on your hand. GOOD LUCK and congrats!

smsize5sidestone.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops, double post!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is my 3 stone citrine ring on my size 4.75 finger. The ring itself is a size 5 because of how thick the shank is.

The citrine is a 1.71 ct.
original.aspx

original.aspx

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings. Just wow. This is why I try to stay away from this forum. My mind starts to wander away from the setting I wanted initially.

Sundial, I love the bezel setting on your three stone. Can you give me some info. on it. Like who makes it etc.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!! Thank you for being so helpful!! In regards to going to try stuff on at the B&M stores, it''s because I feel the pressure living in NYC. Silly right? But I feel like once I''m in Manhattan and in the store it''d be really awkward to say, yeah, I''m just trying this on but not buying. They''re fairly aggressive sales people!!

As for the hand pics-- keep em coming!! You don''t know how helpful all of them are. BF is very amused at my cry for help here on PS.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 1:45:47 PM
Author: elle_chris
Beautiful rings. Just wow. This is why I try to stay away from this forum. My mind starts to wander away from the setting I wanted initially.

Sundial, I love the bezel setting on your three stone. Can you give me some info. on it. Like who makes it etc.
Hi Elle, check this thread for more pics of that gorgeous ring. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-little-photo-shoot.65225/

Sundial''s ring is a HOF, Identity.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 2:14:10 PM
Author: lilythespitfire
Hi everyone!! Thank you for being so helpful!! In regards to going to try stuff on at the B&M stores, it''s because I feel the pressure living in NYC. Silly right? But I feel like once I''m in Manhattan and in the store it''d be really awkward to say, yeah, I''m just trying this on but not buying. They''re fairly aggressive sales people!!

As for the hand pics-- keep em coming!! You don''t know how helpful all of them are. BF is very amused at my cry for help here on PS.

You know, you could always get a more substantial center stone, then smaller side stones like the WF Trois. It would help you both be happy, you''d have your center with more presence, that wouldn''t be overshadowed by the side stones.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lauren
35.gif

Thanks very much for the link. I love bezels and that one''s to die for.

Btw, I saw your Asscher and that''s exactly how i''d set it too. It''s perfect.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!! Thank you for being so helpful!! In regards to going to try stuff on at the B&M stores, it's because I feel the pressure living in NYC. Silly right? But I feel like once I'm in Manhattan and in the store it'd be really awkward to say, yeah, I'm just trying this on but not buying. They're fairly aggressive sales people!!
Huh what? I don't get it.

I live in LA and have shopped in Harry Winston, Cartier, Tiffany, Van Cleef, etc. in Beverly Hills. Even there, my "I'm shopping now, my boyfriend's buying later" line worked with everyone. Besides, you're the customer. They're the only ones with something to lose. Also, keep in mind that VERY few people walk into a jewelry store with the intention of dropping multiple thousands on a piece right then and there. Pretty much everyone browses and shops around. The SAs are used to it
1.gif

Who says you have to go 'alone,' anyway? Take your boyfriend along, or one of your friends can be a shopping buddy.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My bf told me yesterday he''s not a fan of solitaires and I''ve seen some beautiful three stone settings here. Would any PSers mind posting hand shots of their three stone rings if you''re a size 5, with stats? I''m worried that while bf likes the three stone setting, that the three stones could be overwhelming since I have long, slender fingers.

This would help me get a better idea of what it would look like in person. I''m still too chicken to go into jewelry stores by myself!!

Thanks guys!!
I hate to ask the obvious, but, what do you like?
4.gif

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Musey you''re right. I didn''t think of it that way. I''m a little timid when it comes to shopping at the counter like that, but you''re right when you say that I''m the customer, so I don''t have much to lose. I''ll also bring along my sisters--thanks for the suggestion. I''m so new to this that I don''t think of it the other way around.
37.gif

Ellen, I''m not fond of prong set solitaires, but was looking at an interesting solitaire setting from Mark Schneider. I know there''s lots of three stone rings and I wanted something more unique, but it looks like the MS setting will be out of our price range. But I''ve seen quite a few MM and LM settings that really make a three stone pop. I guess what I''m saying is that I have a case of indecision. I''m not completely in love with any one setting and am open to a lot of ideas. I just hope that I won''t be completely indecisive when the time comes to really settle with something.
28.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

Hi Lily
1.gif

If you''re looking for less pressure I''d go to Soho as opposed to 5th ave or 47st.
I''ve done lots of browsing in that area and the stores are very laid back. They understand it''s an important purchase and don''t try hard sales.

The two I''d recommend are Stuart Moore on Prince st. and Soho Gems on West Broadway (i''m getting my setting from them).
There are lots of other stores in the area too.

Good luck and let us know how it''s going
35.gif

blingblingbaby!

Rough_Rock
I wear a size 7 but decided that I would chime in and offer another option to you. I have a three stone with side stones as my engagement ring. My center stone is slightly larger than 1 ct (1.10 maybe? It has been a while...) and my side stones are about .20 ct each and then three small channel set stones on each side. I don''t have a picture online but I thought I would suggest that as another option. What I love most about my ring is that the side stones enhance my center stone, they don''t take away from it.

Hope this helps!
Jennifer

p.s. I am jealous of your tiny fingers. I took my ring to be cleaned and the lady at the jewelry store asked me if it was a .75 ct because it looks so much smaller on my finger than it would a smaller finger.
7.gif

sarahmills

Rough_Rock
here is my 3-stone radiant ring on my size 4.5 finger - 1.58 center stone with .5 sidestones.

smsring2repost.JPG

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Here is mine. 1.1 center, ~0.5 each on the side.

DSCN396.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUMMY!! I love all the different three stone rings here. They are all gorgeous!
30.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Well, technically this is a 5-stone: 2ct center asscher (faces up like a 1.5 or so RB), size 5:

asscher5stonea.jpg

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
This is the best pic I could find of my 3 stone ring to give you a better idea of a hand shot. 1.2 center with .33 & .37 sides. Ring size was 4.5-5 (not sure!)

ygweddingset01.jpg

Emmeline

Rough_Rock
Attached is mine. I''m a size 5 1/4 :) - close enough!

Center diamond of e-ring is 0.90 ct, VS, F (from james allen)
Side diamonds are 0.23/0.25, G/H

e-ring is 0.25 ct - 7 stone round brilliants...the semi-eternity look. I had the hardest time trying to find a matching ring for three-stones!
35.gif

DSC04003 copy.jpg

GemView

Shiny_Rock
This isn''t an exact size 5. It''s a 5.5. It also isn''t a true three-stone because it has diamonds down the band. It has heart diamonds on either side of a 1.04 carat round brilliant diamond in a bypass style setting. The only disadvantage is that it won''t work with a wedding band except, perhaps, custom.

As for style, there are generally two routes. You can go tall or you can go wide. Some rings are high profile AND wide, but generally they fall into one camp or the other. Some people like really narrow rings in terms of width but don''t mind very high settings. My first setting was high and I hit my diamond on everything. When I had it reset earlier this week, I switched to a low profile setting and I''m MUCH happier. But then, I also like settings that fill up my finger a bit better in terms of spread. My fingers are short but small so my options were somewhat limited. But with long, slender fingers you can do just about anything and it will look good.

As for shopping, I can relate to that anxiety too. Because of that, I made a big mistake by shopping too fast. As a result, I spent over two years with the diamond you see below in a setting I didn''t like due to mismatched diamonds. I was told that my original yellow gold setting — which is posted somewhere in the Eye Candy folder — had "GH" diamonds and I assumed they would not constitute a noticeable difference between my F color diamond. The sales lady was wrong. The diamonds in my old setting were probably K color — or at least they looked that way set in yellow gold. At first I thought I would get used to it. But eventually it really began to nag at me because the side stones looked like dirty dishwater next to my colorless center stone. Eventually I got up the nerve to tell my FI that I wasn''t happy with the setting but another year went by before I finally found a setting I liked well enough to commit to (the one you see below). So my advice is, no matter how much you like something keep on comparison shopping before making a final decision. Also, bring a digital camera along and take pictures of anything you like (set the camera to the flower setting/button to enable the camera focus close up). The friendly folks at PS will be more than happy to provide opinions if you post pictures. (They sure saved me when I almost went with another bad choice for a remount late last year.)

Good luck in your search!

1.gif

GemView_Waterford.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 1:54:35 AM
Author: GemView
This isn''t an exact size 5. It''s a 5.5. It also isn''t a true three-stone because it has diamonds down the band. It has heart diamonds on either side of a 1.04 carat round brilliant diamond in a bypass style setting. The only disadvantage is that it won''t work with a wedding band except, perhaps, custom.

As for style, there are generally two routes. You can go tall or you can go wide. Some rings are high profile AND wide, but generally they fall into one camp or the other. Some people like really narrow rings in terms of width but don''t mind very high settings. My first setting was high and I hit my diamond on everything. When I had it reset earlier this week, I switched to a low profile setting and I''m MUCH happier. But then, I also like settings that fill up my finger a bit better in terms of spread. My fingers are short but small so my options were somewhat limited. But with long, slender fingers you can do just about anything and it will look good.

As for shopping, I can relate to that anxiety too. Because of that, I made a big mistake by shopping too fast. As a result, I spent over two years with the diamond you see below in a setting I didn''t like due to mismatched diamonds. I was told that my original yellow gold setting — which is posted somewhere in the Eye Candy folder — had ''GH'' diamonds and I assumed they would not constitute a noticeable difference between my F color diamond. The sales lady was wrong. The diamonds in my old setting were probably K color — or at least they looked that way set in yellow gold. At first I thought I would get used to it. But eventually it really began to nag at me because the side stones looked like dirty dishwater next to my colorless center stone. Eventually I got up the nerve to tell my FI that I wasn''t happy with the setting but another year went by before I finally found a setting I liked well enough to commit to (the one you see below). So my advice is, no matter how much you like something keep on comparison shopping before making a final decision. Also, bring a digital camera along and take pictures of anything you like (set the camera to the flower setting/button to enable the camera focus close up). The friendly folks at PS will be more than happy to provide opinions if you post pictures. (They sure saved me when I almost went with another bad choice for a remount late last year.)

Good luck in your search!

1.gif

Gemview, your ring is stunning - you need to start a thread (or maybe I missed it).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results