shape
carat
color
clarity

Six Prong Martini Pendant - Would it flip?

diamondringlady

Rough_Rock
I am looking to set a 1 carat diamond in a setting and need some advice. I am working with WF to get something customized that is similar to their six prong martini earring setting. My concern, however, is whether the base is too small and the diamond may flip. Anyone has a similar pendant? Below are the links to the WF earring setting and the JA pendant setting (I think they are very similar).

Alternatively, I do like 3 prongs. My e-ring is 6 prongs and I have four prong basket earrings, which I am hoping to upgrade to six or three prongs (probably six) down the road. I like the six prong because it compliments the round shape better (in my opinion) and the three prong because it let's the diamond shine. I would not mind to mix and match. Any advice welcome.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
If you would consider a fixed pendant rather than a sliding one, you can be assured of a whole lot less flipping. This is the reason I prefer fixed pendants.

The martini 6-prong would be simple to make stationary, and the 3-prong would still work as a fixed version, using two of the three prongs as fastening area to the chain (rather than having prong #3 as facing upward, if you see what I mean?)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My experience is it isn’t the number of prongs it’s the shape of the back of the pendant and the bale.
A Rabbit ear bale and a flat underneath (to rest against your skin) is unlikely to flip.
The other one is a full bezel where the chain is threaded through the back. Gives the look of a “fixed” pendant but you can still change chains / pendants.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results