shape
carat
color
clarity

Singlestone Ring Setting & Paraiba Project

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased R of L's Singlestone halo what seems like eons ago. It looked amazing with a diamond in it but I really did not need (and I am sure my husband would flip out) another diamond. When the setting became available I purchased it. After looking for 8+ months and several misses sending stones to Grace trying to find something that would fit, I finally got a concave cut blue zircon cut for the ring setting by Richard Holmer. The original stone didn't fit, the poor guy was wonderful about it, he had to recut had the corners off the stone to fit into the setting. I got the ring. Loved the setting. Loved the zircon. Didn't love the ring and the zircon together. R of L's photos of the ring, and my photos of the reset, the work on the sides of the ring by Singlestone is stunning;

singlestone_ring_r_of_l.jpg

singlestone_halo__amp__zircon_5.jpg

singlestone_ring__amp__zircon_1.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure any normal person would have loved the ring. I have a self confessed OCD personality. People I showed the ring to loved it. The original ring and diamond had only a tiny airline gap, the zircon and the ring had a small gap. It drove me nuts visually and the contrast of the Antique setting and the modern concave cut stone didn't work to my eye at all. I had the image of the Emerald "Inspiration" ring the setting was based on pinned on my computer.

emerald_ring_singlestone_insiration.jpg

Back to the drawing board. Just after Acinom purchased her stone, I bought, what we jokingly call the baby brother stone to her green pariaba. Hers was big and glorious, mine was only 8mms but I believe they came from the same place as Paraiba International (where they both came from) said they were similar in colour.

singlestone_ring_project_pariaba_1_.jpg

singlestone_ring_project_pariaba_2.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I taped the stone to the top of the zircon and walked around with it taped to the top of the ring for days like a crazy woman... It was and is way smaller than the original stone, emails were sent back and forth to Grace who showed it to her bench people and they all said they were up for the challenge.

singlestone_ring_project_with_zircon__amp__paraiba.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been avoiding posing becuase I didn't want to mes sup the flow of your posts.... But it's stunning and I love it

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And finally I think I am happy with the ring. I am sure lots of people prefer the original barely there gap, but I like the bigger gap, I love the smooth, comfortable cab and finally I think the ring looks more like an Antique now than it did with the zircon.... singlestone_ring_project_pariaba_3.jpg

singlestone_ring_project_pariaba_5.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I ADORE the combination of the paraiba and SS halo. Before your last post of them together I wasn't quite sure how well it would fit, but now I see that the match is perfect! I am excited to watch this unfold!

EDIT: just saw that you posted finished pics! WOW! THAT'S INCREDIBLE! A gorgeous outcome!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mostly it looks like an Antique emerald ring now, and I think that because green paraiba is unknown here people will see it and assume it's an emerald. And for the most part it looks like a glowy lightly included emerald cab. Except when it gets in the right lighting and then, well then it's more like an emerald cab with a secret paraiba identity;

singlestone_ring_project_7.jpg

singlestone_ring_project_pariaba_6_.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. Truly a one of a kind!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1461120095|4021472 said:
I've been avoiding posing becuase I didn't want to mes sup the flow of your posts.... But it's stunning and I love it

Thanks Niel, I love it now!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1461120784|4021484 said:
OMG I ADORE the combination of the paraiba and SS halo. Before your last post of them together I wasn't quite sure how well it would fit, but now I see that the match is perfect! I am excited to watch this unfold!

EDIT: just saw that you posted finished pics! WOW! THAT'S INCREDIBLE! A gorgeous outcome!

Thanks :wavey: There are probably lots of people that would prefer less of an airline, but I prefer it with a larger airline. The Setting and the quirky stone, for me anyway I like the combination....

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1461122948|4021493 said:

Thanks Minous, I think that was it, the setting is a one of a kind setting and the zircon looked amazing, so much so I took it to my jeweller here in Australia and he said it was the most magnificent thing he'd seen stone and setting. But for me, I dunno I probably thought the concave cut would add a unique quirky look that I wanted for the setting but instead it looked like something modern in something Antique. Anyway I love it now, both the stone and the setting are old looking yet quirky and unique and I love both.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1461123734|4021498 said:
minousbijoux|1461122948|4021493 said:

Thanks Minous, I think that was it, the setting is a one of a kind setting and the zircon looked amazing, so much so I took it to my jeweller here in Australia and he said it was the most magnificent thing he'd seen stone and setting. But for me, I dunno I probably thought the concave cut would add a unique quirky look that I wanted for the setting but instead it looked like something modern in something Antique. Anyway I love it now, both the stone and the setting are old looking yet quirky and unique and I love both.

Totally get it - it would absolutely have driven me nuts too! There is something to be said about consistency in styles/periods.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The result is amazing Arkieb :love: :love: :love:
The ring looks amazing on your finger and I am so glad you can finally wear this ring.
The stone seems to look beautfful in different lighting conditions and that glow is just amazing. You have made the right choices: the stone and settting are a great match together.

Enjoy wearing your ring :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Acinom, I credit you and your ring above, as the reason I purchased the cab in the first place..... I waited until you got your green cab from Paraiba International and as soon as I saw it set, I knew I wanted the smaller green paraiba cab they had for sale, which they told me was the same colour as your stone....

I think of your stone as the totally amazing, much more luscious big brother to mine;

singlestone_ring_project_pariaba_6_.jpg

singlestone_ring_project_pariaba_2.jpg

Acinom's stone below;

acinom_s_green_paraiba_2.jpg

acinom_s_green_pariaba_ring_1.jpg

acinom_s_green_paraiba_3.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring :appl: . :love:
I love both versions, with the zircon and with the paraiba cab, but the cab version slightly more.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1461140944|4021554 said:
Stunning ring :appl: . :love:
I love both versions, with the zircon and with the paraiba cab, but the cab version slightly more.

Thanks!!! :wavey: The blue zircon looked amazing, it's a lovely stone too.... The paraiba cab, has I think made the ring more wearable, more Antique looking and overall more a proportion I prefer visually than the previous stones that I have had in it. It's probably personal choice, I've been wearing it and I am really happy with it now.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring of yours is no ones little brother to be honest :lol: What a personality! Please post a lot more pics.
Thank you for mentioning my ring Arkieb :wavey: Really nice to be ring sisters.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1461120625|4021480 said:
And finally I think I am happy with the ring. I am sure lots of people prefer the original barely there gap, but I like the bigger gap, I love the smooth, comfortable cab and finally I think the ring looks more like an Antique now than it did with the zircon.... singlestone_ring_project_pariaba_3.jpg

I think this ring needed the larger gap. You where right on about that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's perfect Arkieb! :love: :love: :love:
Stunning. :love:

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous and I love the final result! Seeing yours and Acinom's Paraiba cabs in such pretty settings is so making me covet one of those babies! Such a beautiful glow. Enjoy!! :dance:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new paraiba ring!
I really loved the color of the concave cut too but I agree that the modern cut clashed with the setting. Your re-done ring....gorgeous! :love: More pictures please. :naughty:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Glad you persisted until you found something you were happy with. It looks great!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats beautiful. :love: :love: I agree, beautiful with the zircon but that zirc didn't look happy. wrong cut for the ring IMO.

whats the plan for it? maybe pendant?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful outcome- a journey worth it.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy :wavey:

Hi Sapphiremomma, thank you, I hope you find a paraiba soon!!!

Thanks Elle_71125 - I agree the concave is beautiful in it's own right but needs a more modern setting!!!

Thank you NKOTB - It's been a long long process, but I am finally happy and wearing it!!!

Hi Rfisher - Thank you, it was a long journey and at times I thought about selling the setting because it was frustrating trying to find a stone that looked "just right" and balanced in it, but I am happy with it now.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1461155503|4021605 said:
Thats beautiful. :love: :love: I agree, beautiful with the zircon but that zirc didn't look happy. wrong cut for the ring IMO.

whats the plan for it? maybe pendant?

Yes that was exactly it, wrong cut for an Antique ring. I was initially going for two things that were unique and I've got a transitional diamond in a modern halo that just works, but with this one, I think the stone was too big (despite being smaller than the original diamond that came out of it) and too busy for the setting.

I think maybe a metal halo ring for the blue zircon it's a stunning stone in it's own right, so it would be a shame not to use it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cab looks as if it belongs there; it was meant to be. :appl: The zircon is lovely but you're right; modern + old = not everyone's cup of tea.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful outcome! Looks like it was meant to be. :love:

I have been debating setting my paraiba cab in a SS setting because I too wanted a vintage/antique vibe. I still can't decide yet, but not rushing to set it because it needs the perfect setting since I don't do resets when I go custom. This definitely makes me lean toward SS though.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1461192814|4021862 said:
The cab looks as if it belongs there; it was meant to be. :appl: The zircon is lovely but you're right; modern + old = not everyone's cup of tea.

Thanks Chrono, I am finally wearing it a lot so that means I am happy with it :D

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
_lovesvintage_|1461817961|4024484 said:
Beautiful outcome! Looks like it was meant to be. :love:

I have been debating setting my paraiba cab in a SS setting because I too wanted a vintage/antique vibe. I still can't decide yet, but not rushing to set it because it needs the perfect setting since I don't do resets when I go custom. This definitely makes me lean toward SS though.

I think that is the great thing about Cabs you can make them look great in anything, dress them up or down with the setting!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results