shape
carat
color
clarity

Single Stone looks like love, Part 2-the wedding band

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
After being "re engaged" for three weeks, hubby walked up to me in the kitchen and said, "Let me see your ring." So I handed it to him, then he took my hand and reached for a little Single Stone pouch, and put my new band on my finger and said, "Backwards, I love you and with this ring, I thee wed," and put it on my finger! He is too much :lol: the girl kids loved it! And the 9-year-old signed for it apparently while we were out :-o
Anyway, it is a reproduction of a pretty band I liked a lot from a photo. As seen here:

They reproduced it absolutely perfectly. It is sectional engraving with three G oecs alternating. The whole thing is either engraved, sparkly or milgrained. The overall effect is shimmering stones or subtle metal reflections, ie., softer sparkle. I LOVE IT. But with Single Stone, there is always more to love! Can I be their spokesperson? They could pay me a stacker per year :Up_to_something: ...

_7757.jpg

_7758.jpg

_7759.jpg

_7760.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Oh Backwards it's perfect!!!! Love the engraving, so pretty :love: And your husband is a keeper for sure, very romantic, you're a lucky lady :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous band and a perfect compliment to your stunning ering!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a gorgeous compliment to the ring - love hubby being so romantic! Enjoy and take lots more pictures for us!! :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE that band!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The whole set looks great together! Congrats!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. Your husband did that? What an amazing guy. :appl: :appl: :appl: Even after your super K, VS1, he surprises you with another ring??!!! WHAT?!! One word...JEALOUS!!! :mrgreen: Congratulations!! Your band reminds me a lot of my mom's wedding band, which was engraved platinum with no stones, but very square-ish in style, which is gives it a modern looking twist. I would totally love a band like that. What an amazing set you have. Soooo beautiful.

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my... :love: :love:...How sweet! The band is to die for! Looks perfect with your ering.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks like they were made to go together (ok, I guess they were! :cheeky: ). It is really gorgeous and compliments your ering perfectly!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE IT :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the wedding band!!! :appl: Oh, you have such a gorgeous set! I love it and you have definitely convinced me that I HAVE to get my diamond set in an antique style setting!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both rings are gorgeous and look great together!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh how PERFECT!!! what a guy!! I'd marry him, too!! :bigsmile:

It looks absolutely perfect with your new ering - incredibly well matched! Enjoy :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic with your ering!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful band, and so sweet of your hubby!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the band, looks fantastic with your gorgeous ering! So sweet and romantic of your dh!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to come back after seeing your set is Jewel of the Week! Congrats!!! :appl: I almost would have to consider copying you except I don't think my diamond is large enough for that style setting. I really love it with your diamond, though!

bo186

Rough_Rock
mom2boys|1372958963|3477284 said:
The whole set looks great together! Congrats!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
April Baby, glad you like it!

Rosebloom, I thought it looked nice in the picture but to see it come to life again is pretty cool. A design that should definitely be revived. Not like they don't have anything to pick from, ha!

MissGotRocks, I'm glad you think they go together well. The endless variation blows your mind so its nice to just find two things you like that can go together. Hubby can be pretty sweet. He works really hard then goes,"Okay, that's enough. Oh hello, I remember you..." :)) We are all busy but we all make time. Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend...as we say around our house.

Motownmama, I'm sure they will make you one if you need one too :Up_to_something: ...

mom2boys, that's so nice of you to say you think the set looks great together. It is hard to pick just one band...

LLJsmom, yes, hubby is sweet! Receiving it was a surprise but I knew it was coming, just didn't know when and I am sure glad it came sooner rather than later :mrgreen: Super K...teehee...that's good, or Special K...how neat that your Mom had a similar one. I think it's a very classic style. Since I just asked them to create this one, how does it stack up in real life with what they have there? I am so in if you are planning a sleep over ::)

Thanks vinjewels :bigsmile:

Thanks yennyfire! I wanted to have a band in case I wanted to take the ering off sometimes. Now I don't want to, ever. Can platinum handle chlorine and bromine or whatever they do to pools these days?

Thanks Alex T :bigsmile:

Diamondseeker2006, I hope you set your stone in a vintage style. It would be amazing! Your stone looks good right now, but I do think you'd love a little vintage detail. You'll have to start a thread when you get to that point. Can't wait! Looking forward to it after the roller coaster search you've been on. My two cents, even though you haven't asked, incorporate french cuts somehow! :razz:
And of course your stone is big enough, mine is 2.24, 8.5 mm. You are right there too ;)) You could do more on the sides as you have a little more finger real estate than I do. My band is about 2mm in width if you are wondering and the same height as the ering but I am unsure how high off the finger it rises. Probably 2 mm as well I'd guess.

Kathley, thank you!!

Thank you Enerchi! I took a pretty long time deciding but with the help of many PSers like you, it came together and came out great. I can't wait to walk into an average jewelry store and watch the salespeople check out my ring. :o I have to admit, I went to a fireworks party where two couples I kind of know who do pretty well, were checking out the set but not saying anything. It was a "whoa, nice jewels" look. This definitely was an expensive purchase, but I think it looks even more expensive than it is. It's pretty, not just a huge rock. Not that there's anything wrong with that :cheeky:

lknvrb4-Thank you so much! Not easy to choose just one.
Laili619-I think it's a pretty band if I say so myself, and hubby is loving himself as Romeo wrapped in Superman on Pricescope right now. I told him he's really ruining it for all the other husbands :wink2: :shock:

Thanks Junebug and bo186! It is fun to own something so pretty. I'll give DDH your best!

I can't believe it's Jewel of the Week! Diamondseeker told me first in her comments. What a nice surprise :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are fortunate to have tiny fingers and that diamond looks so huge on you! I do have to figure out what will work to fill the sides of my diamond. In a way, the VanC does that with the detail on each side of the stone. But I could also see doing something like you have (shank) except maybe make an octagonal bezel like Dreamer's which would protect the stone. But I am sooo afraid to do something like that without seeing and trying on rings! I really need to visit Singlestone to try on a bunch of antique styles, but I just don't see that happening anytime soon. The trip is soooo long from here.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Backwards, your set is absolutely dreamy! It's become a new PS favorite of mine, it's perfect and looks stunning on you. I hope you post many many more pics! Enjoy it and congrats on your re-engagement! :appl:

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
This is quite pretty and could be turned octagonal or hexagonal. From my inspiration folder to yours. Which Van Craynest #? They have so many pretty things. [attachment=0]_7805.jpg[/attachment
Well, we can plan for the trip next year :))

_7805.jpg

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Christina. I am quite a fan of your Asscher diamond. It looks great on you! It's so easy to develop such a favorites list on PS isn't it?? Thank you for the nice compliments :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
backwardsandinheels|1373127041|3478096 said:
This is quite pretty and could be turned octagonal or hexagonal. From my inspiration folder to yours. Which Van Craynest #? They have so many pretty things. [attachment=0]_7805.jpg[/attachment
Well, we can plan for the trip next year :))

Thanks! I also have a couple of other pics to do an octagonal and will post a new thread sometime so as not to derail yours anymore than I already have! The Van C is the 484 and it would be in platinum. Pics attached. Apologies for posting here.

img_0131.jpg

img_1294.jpg

vc_rings_004_0.jpg

_7806.jpg

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
That is lovely, especially with the claw prongs. Start your thread when you're ready. Maybe a "Back to School" project? :wavey:

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love your set!!! It's definitely one of my favorites!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Backwards, your band is really pretty and what a wonderful thing for your husband to do. What a sweet guy! Your rings look terrific together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results