shape
carat
color
clarity

Silver model + Sapphire

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Its interesting to note that a lot of jewelers in the USA use wax and CAD.
I have a model made in silver for a sapphire.
Pardon the appearance of the sapphire has it has clay holding it so it looks dull and probably dirty.
2.gif

Final ring is in Brushed 14k White gold. The ring size is 8 and the sapphire is about 8.8 x 6 x 5.2 and it is a guy's ring.

2mp.jpg

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
solid back woot!!

1mp.jpg

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
what do you guys thing? i love it though
19.gif
36.gif

4mp.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous! Is it for yourself? I really, really like it.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Very nice HD. I like how solid the piece looks and I am always a fan of easy access to the pavillion for thorough cleaning. Do you think the "North-South" sides might benefit from piercing work to let more light in? Also did you consider euroshanking to reduce ring-spin? the design is pretty substantial on the top.

These are from the designer Kriwawa to illustrate the euroshank and while not exactly pierced work, the "V" shaped N-S sides let alot of light to the pavilion to perhaps help the stone look its very best...

-SS

krikawacomp.jpg

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
SS thanks for the euro shank input.
Hmm. I did not think about that.
33.gif
Something to think about....

Oh i did not do north south because that would be way too bulky.
The length of the sapphire is almost 9mm and that would mean more gold = $$$
I wanted it slimmer. North South looks like many of the woman's ring designs =p lol

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 12:49:41 AM
Author: IndyLady
Its gorgeous! Is it for yourself? I really, really like it.

yuppppp - wedding "band" if you may call it a band
31.gif

took me 6 months of looking and searching to finally decide on something like this.

actually finding the sapphire took the longest time since i fitted the sapphire to a ring design as oppose to the other way around.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
The ring looks fantastic. May I ask where you got the sapphire from? Is it unheated? Did you get a lab report as well?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad you have an open bottom to allow for cleaning but since the piece has a solid back, I wonder if it will be too top heavy, causing constant spinning when worn? Could the sapphire benefit from a more open setting rather than a totally enclosed (almost gypsy set) setting? Some native cut stones do not appear as lively once set in a very enclosed setting. Is this the sapphire that you purchased for colour (with the inclusion across the table) or is it a different one?

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 6:42:49 AM
Author: virgoruby
The ring looks fantastic. May I ask where you got the sapphire from? Is it unheated? Did you get a lab report as well?

sapphire is NOT heat treated and graded by AIGS =)
woot!!!

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 8:46:04 AM
Author: Chrono
I’m glad you have an open bottom to allow for cleaning but since the piece has a solid back, I wonder if it will be too top heavy, causing constant spinning when worn? Could the sapphire benefit from a more open setting rather than a totally enclosed (almost gypsy set) setting? Some native cut stones do not appear as lively once set in a very enclosed setting. Is this the sapphire that you purchased for colour (with the inclusion across the table) or is it a different one?

yo chrono
yeah i dont know if it will spin
will see about that.
this is a different sapphire from the one that had the inclusion flying across the table.
this sapphire is from celyon with a nice blue (not too dark as i did not want it to be even darker in a man''s setting) and has a nice blue sparkle from the photos i received.
of course it is not precision cut but then i am buying for the colour and with my limited budget, i rather buy colour than a precision cut stone
one thing about precision cuts is that its very twinkly and maybe that isnt too good to be too flashy for a guy
haha =)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have not seen this stone in person? Sometimes, a too enclosed setting for a native cut stone can “kill” the original colour, which is why I asked about the liveliness of the sapphire. Yes, good colour is what everyone wants but nobody wants a “dead” stone, no matter how great the colour is. As I do not want to speculate about your stone because I have not seen it IRL, I am only giving you some food for thought.
1.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
if its snug on the finger it might not spin. a euro shank would take care of it. i assume its too late to add the extra bottom weight and correct contour correction?

mz

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 8:42:07 AM
Author: Chrono
You have not seen this stone in person? Sometimes, a too enclosed setting for a native cut stone can “kill” the original colour, which is why I asked about the liveliness of the sapphire. Yes, good colour is what everyone wants but nobody wants a “dead” stone, no matter how great the colour is. As I do not want to speculate about your stone because I have not seen it IRL, I am only giving you some food for thought.
1.gif
thanks for the insights for sure =)
i saw lots of photos of the sapphire so i am going with it in faith =)

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 9:54:28 AM
Author: movie zombie
if its snug on the finger it might not spin. a euro shank would take care of it. i assume its too late to add the extra bottom weight and correct contour correction?

mz
yeah abit late
but i know size 8 fits pretty snug for me so it should be good =)
36.gif
36.gif

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
~2.55 ct of yummy blue goodness.
unheated and confirmed by AIGS !!
36.gif

Ceylon 2.55ctAIGSnoheat 6.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone has cut issues with some zoning, but overall, the colour (zoning included) looks to be a pleasant blue.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really, really beautiful ring!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Nice size!

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
yeah!! my gold model is made and almost ready now !!

Gold Ring Model 1.jpg

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
another photo of the model

Gold Ring Model 3.jpg

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
and with the sapphire placed in the mount (not yet fully mounted) ! love the sparkle =)
what do you guys think???????

Gold Ring Model with Sapphire.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 6:47:04 PM
Author: haagen_dazs
and with the sapphire placed in the mount (not yet fully mounted) ! love the sparkle =)
what do you guys think???????
Beautiful - I really like the color of the stone and the setting looks very nice. Congrats!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks a ton better than the first picture.
4.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
It is going to be an amazing ring. I love the design. Great choice and very handsome.
36.gif

iLander

Ideal_Rock
WOW !
36.gif
I am in LOVE with that sapphire! The ring design is pretty awesome too! Very clean and masculine, I think it''s perfect. A north south design would be WAY to fem.

Where did you get the sapphire? It''s really excellent quality.

Congrats! I would call the project a success.

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
I like it on-hand; what a great, solid look!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really a perfect ring - it is masculine without being over the top. It is elegant without being feminine.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sapphire in the bezel looks great, very masculine. I like that the bezel will help cover up some of the zoning issues with that stone as well. Good choice for the gem.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results