shape
carat
color
clarity

Silk vs. real flowers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. Has anyone used silk flowers instead of real for their bouquets? I was just talking to a friend who told me her flowers were silk, she now uses her bouquet as a centerpiece. I remember her flowers looking very real, at the time of her wedding I didn''t know they were silk. I was just looking for opinions on the two.
Thanks!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m not married yet, so I haven''t used anything, but I''ve heard that good silk flowers are usually just as expensive as real flowers if not more so. I guess having them around forever is a plus, though, if that''s something you''d want to do.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I made silk bouquets for my daughter and her bm''s. They were very pretty and something that the girls got to keep to remember the day.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
aphisiglovessae used silk flowers for her wedding, you can check our her wedding thread here.

If it wasnt her, someone decided to use silk because of allergies. When I took my bridal portrait I used silk flowers the photographer had and you cant tell they werent real from the pictures!

ETA: How funny mercoledi... we were posting at the same time!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
One of my friends used freeze-dried roses. They looked pretty real to me. I''m not sure about the cost compared to fresh or silk though...

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I had to use artificial because we got married on a cruiseship and they would only allow fresh flowers if I bought them from the cruiseline. I didn''t care for their arrangements and I wanted calla lillies, which were actually this very realistic foam stuff that''s hard to describe. I got mine from a great eBay seller- here''s a link to her online store. She was great to work with, too. I was on a short timeframe because I decided last minute that do-it-yourself was not an option. I also thought she was very reasonable. Good luck!

www.simplyclassiccreations.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results