shape
carat
color
clarity

signs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leoslove730

Rough_Rock
I was just wondering if any of you have any hints on some signs that might signal my boyfriend planning on proposing soon?

Yes, we have talked about it. He says it will be sooner than I think, but I am almost 100% positive that he does NOT have the ring yet.

We have been together for almost 3 years (in October).

He refuses to give me an exact timeline, although like I said, he insists it''ll be sooner than I think, whatever that means...

He''s started budgeting, and even emailed me an Excel spreadsheet with his monthly budget. Along with that, he has cut out one of his favorite pasttimes, golfing, because he says he spends too much money on it and he needs to save up for "bigger" things.

He applied for a Zales Diamond Card, but got rejected (I found the letter in the garbage!).

He''s telling me that he can only spend $125 a month on our date nights out because he is trying to save, and I just had a birthday last month and he told me he was going easy on me for my birthday, because again, he is saving up for "bigger" things.

Does any of this sound like a proposal may be brewing up for us?
26.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that definitely sounds promising. But refer him to Pricescope so he can learn about diamonds and pricing. I think the general consensus on PS is that you can get more for your dollar by working with a trusted online vendor like Whiteflash or GOG than going through a Maul sore like Zales or Kay.

Good luck, be sure to ask Sleeping Beauty to be added to the LIW list. It''s fun to hear the stories of people getting engaged and I love seeing my name move up on the list. I''m 15 now, I started in the 70s!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I''d say if he starts asking you to pick a style that you would prefer,if you were engaged, then that would be a good sign.
2.gif

Or what my hubby did when he was in the "market" for rings, he observed a lot of my married girlfriends rings, and would ask to see them - if that wasn''t an obvious sign, then I don''t know what is!

Good luck!! I hope it happens soon!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend started doing the whole "what would you like?" - trying to guess which I''d choose out of a range of rings in an ad, or walking past a jeweller and saying what he liked and what he thought I''d like.

It def sounds like your guy is thinking about it - maybe it was a "one day in the future" kind of concept and now its becoming more of a "one day sooner rather than later" type thought.

The fact that he is getting organised with finances and showing an interest in jewellers etc sounds promising.

Just remember though, that as a standard problem, when a guy says "soon" a girl tends to think next week/month/six months. A guy''s version of "soon" could mean "in the next 5 years"
emclock.gif

Not wanting to put a dampener on your excitement, but just be prepared to wait... I know I''ve had to!! (And am still waiting even though the ring has been ready for 6 weeks and we''ve been together for 5 years!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results