shape
carat
color
clarity

Sidestones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joejoe44

Rough_Rock
How much thought should I put into the sidestones on a ring? Should I just go with what looks good or should I get a quality that is equal to the centerstone? I am looking into a ring with two round diamonds on each side of the center stone. Each side diamond would be around 12 points.
Thanks-

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Usually side stones have lower color and clarity than the centre stone. Price of the sidestones will be minor anyway.Go with what looks good - it's the best approach.
smile.gif

joejoe44

Rough_Rock
Should I bother to buy them loose with any cert? I am guessing no since it would probably make them too expensive. Should I at least buy them loose so I can check them out?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I don't think you really need a lab report for such small stones - report might cost you more than the stones themselves.
smile.gif
You might want to get them loose, of course, e.g. to check that there is no visible inclusions.

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
No cert but I was impressed by how good the ideal cut melee SteveL used in one ring looked. Worth checking into it, IMO. Price may well be twice that of regular melee and you'll have to decide whether the extra sparkle is worth it.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi JamesD,Good point, thanks.
smile.gif
Where you've been? Haven't hear from you for a while...

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Make sure the sidestones aren't too much lower in terms of color and cut quality. The lower quality can stand out and you won't be happy with the look.
My 2 cents
smile.gif

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
Hi Leonid. Been off doing other things for a while and not paying much attention to diamonds. THe freedom of not making a living in the business.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results