shape
carat
color
clarity

Sidestones or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chich40z

Rough_Rock
I''m in the process of purchasing a princess cut stone and I''m thinking about the setting. I know I want a single stone ring, but I''m having a hard time deciding wether to choose a plain setting or one with sidestones. Is there a general consensus about what''s better?

thanks!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a very personal decision and really depends on what you like. Your best bet is to looks through a bunch of different styles and try on as many different designs as you can. This will give you an idea on what looks best on your fingers and hands (much like clothing styles suit each body type differently.)

This link has a ton of different rings styles, with sidestones and without. It should help you get started: The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 10:56:52 AM
Author: somehowcollide
It''s a very personal decision and really depends on what you like. Your best bet is to looks through a bunch of different styles and try on as many different designs as you can. This will give you an idea on what looks best on your fingers and hands (much like clothing styles suit each body type differently.)

This link has a ton of different rings styles, with sidestones and without. It should help you get started: The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy
Good advice.
1.gif

chich40z

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry...I just read my question and I see I where there was confusion. I''m buying the ring for my girlfriend.

startech

Rough_Rock
Their advice probably still remains valid - the consensus is that there is NO consensus! It''s not something which is objectively possible to answer, as they said it''s a matter of preference.

Some people prefer sidestones, some don''t. If you''re buying it for your girlfriend, have you asked her what she likes? Does she have any other rings you can look at to see which one she may have a preference for?

Have you looked at examples of both types of rings online, and in real life to see what you think might look better?

All these things plus what''s been said above will help you narrow down your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results