shape
carat
color
clarity

Sidestones it is...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
And probably not for a few weeks or months...

I got pricing for upgrading my solitaire stone to a full millimeter bigger...I nearly choked on the price difference...so uh I think I want sidestones but not yet.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Ame, are you still going with pears??

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting
36.gif
I stopped in a jewelry store over the weekend and saw the most beautiful 3 stone with pear sides. The center stone was huge but with the sides the sparkle just covers the finger. Keep us posted. I hope you can get them "girl soon"
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go for pears, go for pears!!!!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooooh i think that''s a fab idea, much less $$$ and i think pears would be outstanding! i have become a pear sidestone fan after the pictures of kaleigh''s lovely ring.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Exciting!!! Knowing how much you adore your current center stone, PLUS the $$ savings, I think this is a perfect solution with an equal amount of sparkle!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should go for the pears too. That will be so much sparkle on the finger!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 3:38:04 PM
Author: mrssalvo
''girl soon''
2.gif
HAHA my husband refers to it as "the Ame Timeline" or NOW. I like the term "GIRL soon". As opposed to Ryan soon.

I don''t know when it will be. We have some plumbing things to fix with our bathroom sink, if we have money after that, well do it. Compared to how much the pair option costs, the upgrading of the center stone is like buying a whole other stone. Kind of not cost-effective. Maybe farther off in the future. Like, 10 years from now. I was really surprised just how much more this jump is. Its really a little steep for me...

I think that Ill be pretty happy with the blingyness of the pairs. I just hope it''s sooner rather than later.
9.gif

Thanks for your input girlies. I know the bigger stone speaks to most but in this case...not likely any time in the near or remotely near future.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh God - two more stones for you to obsess about getting dirty and louping 86 times a day...
2.gif
3.gif
9.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Yaaaaay for pear sides!
36.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 6:45:40 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Oh God - two more stones for you to obsess about getting dirty and louping 86 times a day...
2.gif
3.gif
9.gif
Hahaha! My husband said that we should go with the pears and use the savings from not upgradingthe solitaire to commit me.
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 7:58:59 PM
Author: ame

2.gif
3.gif
9.gif
Hahaha! My husband said that we should go with the pears and use the savings from not upgradingthe solitaire to commit me.
9.gif
Hmmm...padded rooms = no stone damage!!!! ROFL.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for pears!!!!! ame, you know that I am a bit like you and having this setting the only thing I obsess about is the center stone. Seriously, I don''t inspect the pears at all. They just hang there looking pretty!!!!
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha padded rooms~ I need to upholster all of my belongings and furniture I think...and everywhere I go.

We''ll see how I do. I just do not like Bezel settings and those seem like they would help from whacks. They just haven''t grown on me.

I might go try on your ring Kaleigh and see again how I feel about it...More to inspect certainly sucks some of the fun out of it.
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
the rb and pear look is so beautiful! you definitely cannot go wrong there

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ame! I think that sounds like a wonderful idea.

Sure, we all LOVE big honkin'' stones around here... but we are also a realistic (and practical!) bunch... and we do have to be reasonable and live within our means (DANG those blasted BUDGETS anyway!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
)... so we totally understand your (financial) decision for the side pears.

And mmmm, it does sound like it will be GOREGOUS. And, best of all, you get to chose not one, but TWO new stones! Twice the fun!!! OH, YAY!
30.gif
30.gif

Lynn

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoy the pears.
I can get you committed for free (I''m a psychologist) so you don''t have to worry about the cost! I work for an insurance company to boot so I can find you a really good place to stay and make sure it''s covered. I''ll just say you are completely psychotic and just kept babbling about diamonds and pears!
emteeth.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is the funniest ever!!!!!

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I like the idea of pears. I might upgrade one day and I think DH is sentimental about my stone, but would be okay with adding sidestones. Then I can get a huge emerald or asscher ring for the other hand (look at me, always thinking!)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Ame that''s awesome.
I can''t wait to see it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband says "SOLD!"

Yea hopefully this happens on a nice timeline...maybe by christmas...yea.....

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
hi there!

I went through the same dilemma.

Ended up with the pear side stone too - instead of a bigger centre stone. Gives you WAY more sparkle for your money. And I find that they really deceive the eye and make the centre stone look twice as big! OK, slight exaggeration...

My only complaint is that I didn''t like the way my wedding band fits against the ring. So I have started wearing my engagement ring on my right hand. I don''t think that it confuses anyone and it makes me happy!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well when I made the quote request I made sure to mention the setting being pretty smooth on the sides so I can wear a band next to it. I refuse to wear a right hand ring. Don''t know why but I don''t want any more stuff on at a given time than I have to.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
2.gif
3.gif
9.gif
Ha ha, that was EXACTLY what I was thinking!!
9.gif

I think the sidestones idea is fabulous, ame!! Your ring is so pretty as it is, pears would be such a great touch! I think that you are being a smart consumer too, as well as a smart wife!
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results