shape
carat
color
clarity

Shower.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello ladies!! So this past Saturday was my first shower! LOL, I had never been to a shower until my own! It was fun and small but very nice. My MOH and her Mother threw the most beautiful shower for me and my friends. ANyway- the point of this was to see what the coolest gift you got for your shower was? My parents are at the top of the list at this point, they got us a new dvd videocamera- it is AWESOME! Everyone was laughing as I was opening the presents, I was saying "who knew that I would get so excited over a tupperware cake holder or a spatula!! heheehe....

So...what was the coolest gift you got?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
- One of the big Kitchen-Aid mixers
- A cookbook that belonged to my grandmother (dads side)
- A recipe for Charlotte Russe (its a cake made from whipped cream) that was originally my great-grandmothers and my grandmother (moms side) used to fix us all the time for our birthdays
- A candy dish from my great-great-grandmother and a picture of her (dads side)
- A Waterford pitcher that FMIL originally gave to her sister (FIs aunt) when she got married about 20 years ago. She died 2 years ago in her early 50s from lung cancer. It was a rough time for FIs family.

I just love the sentiment behind all of the family stuff. Like the candy dish is nothing fancy, probably bought at a general store, but its the oldest thing i own and probably the oldest thing in my family!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Hubby''s sister and her husband got us sleeping bags at our shower, a cold-weather and a warm-weather one. Previously, he had a cold-weather bag while I had a warm-weather bag, so now we can go camping at the same time of year together!

Also, FIL bought our bed and headboard as a wedding gift.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s see...the coolest gift we got was a BBQ! Not just one of those tiny ones, but a full size grill! We got it from my hubby''s folks, although they didn''t wheel it in - they put a picture of it in the card.
2.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Isn''t it amazing how much fun it is to get kitchen stuff?!
3.gif

My DH and I got married right before we went overseas, so we actually had a "shower" this past christmas (2004) ! Instead of registering, we just put on a list everything we wanted, then made copies of the lists and emailed them to family members who were asking what we wanted for xmas. We ended up getting everything on our list!! We got one of those big (and pricey) Kitchen Aid mixers, a new crock pot, a whole huge set of really nice pots and pans, baking pans, four really nice dinnerware sets, glasses, silverware and alot more, I cannot remember everything! Basically, we got a whole new kitchen! I was so thrilled, I couldn''t have asked for a better christmas!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
We LOVE this caphalonon "everyday pan'' that we got. We use it everyday with glee.
My FI is in love with the egg poacher that my dad sent down for one of our showers.
He poaches eggs constantly now. We''re going to have to check his cholesterol.
It is funny how exciting kitchen stuff can be!
Enjoy!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Those are some awesome gifts, Irisheyes- I wish I would have thought of that...hehehehee, what an awesome outcome! :)

JCJD- Nice, that sounds like it is going to be fun for you and your hubby!!! Congrats by the way- I couldn't be happier for you and your honey.

NJC- That is awesome- what a gift- the gifts that touch your heart are the best, how wonderful! :)

Jellybean- Man Blake would come undone if we got a grill- that is all he ever talks about- he keeps telling me that he will be grilling out all the time if we just got a grill- yah, right. I would be the one grilling!!
9.gif
LOL, I don't trust him with the oven let alone an open flame!!

Tybee- We registered for the whole collection- I hear that they are the best pots and pans- I am all excited to get some because I just got the whole OXO softgrip collection- I can't wait to start being domestic!!
23.gif
Did I just type that?

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Aww! That is so sweet of you Renee! Thanks! Only a few more weeks for you isn't it?!? Your almost-hubby is going to keel over when he sees you in your gorgeous gown!

Date: 7/19/2005 4:58:42 PM
Author: Strawdermangrl
- I can't wait to start being domestic!!
23.gif
Did I just type that?

OMG, just wait until you're actually married! I've been cooing HARDCORE at babies, dreaming about mortgages (I think I'm sick), frantically cleaning the apartment, and cooking healthy meals for us instead of opting for fast food like before (although that's helped me lose my 5 cruise pounds in 2 weeks!). Yesterday, I wrote out our weekly menu on our refrigerator door. AAACK!!!!! He's making me feel all domestic and maternal - I can't wait till we're ready to have babies, and I'm SOOOOOOO not ready yet!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
LOL, JCJD I feel like I am sick!! :) Yep- only a few weeks to go- it is 3 weeks from Saturday- OHMYGOSH>I am freaking out- Want to lose another 20 pounds before the wedding- lets see how that goes. Hail to the South Beach Diet- my my pounds be shed!!
9.gif

I feel like one of those crazy brides- Every thing is so crazy!! And the list keeps growing.

OH- and may I rant, what is up with people not RSVPing?
29.gif
The card is already addressed and stamped!! I vow to ALWAYS rsvp from now on!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I totally hear you on the RSVPs! I didn''t slap 37 cents per person on there for NOTHING people!!

My advice - Delegate everything you can NOW!! I''ve gotten the impression that your mom has been helping out a lot - put her in charge of vendor phone numbers, have her delegate relatives to receive your vendors, decorate, damage control, etc. I did some of that.... at the rehearsal dinner! It worked out of course, but it was high stress until I''d talked to all those relatives. And I forgot to ask someone to cut the cake until we were at the reception (Thanks Grandma!!!). This is the last leg of the race - you can do it!!! And enjoy because it goes FAST!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/19/2005 6:37:46 PM
Author: JCJD
Oooh, I totally hear you on the RSVPs! I didn''t slap 37 cents per person on there for NOTHING people!!

My advice - Delegate everything you can NOW!! I''ve gotten the impression that your mom has been helping out a lot - put her in charge of vendor phone numbers, have her delegate relatives to receive your vendors, decorate, damage control, etc. I did some of that.... at the rehearsal dinner! It worked out of course, but it was high stress until I''d talked to all those relatives. And I forgot to ask someone to cut the cake until we were at the reception (Thanks Grandma!!!). This is the last leg of the race - you can do it!!! And enjoy because it goes FAST!
LOL, heheheee- that is the same thing my mom said " I didn''t put 3 stamps per invite for people to look at them!!"

I have been slightly crazy about the responsiblities and thank goodness my mother is 10x more detail oriented than I am!! Like mother like daughter.... :) The only thing I don''t have is the flow of events with the DJ- I am kind of at a loss there since we are having a sit down dinner....

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
I know...we always used to RSVP at the last minute. Now I''m loving those early replies!!

Sounds like you had a really wonderful shower!!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results