shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your Moissanite - unusual cut or colour

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
A gem with beautiful dispersion which doesn’t break your bank~

Although not the most often discussed here, I see it as a nice addition to one’s Jewelry box when we are not picking it as a simuIant of diamond. Iam curious any of the folks here owns some sort of special or unusual moissy, either in terms of cut or colour. Would appreciate if any of us are even willing to share particular vendors who is regularly offering specialty moissy as well~

below is an example I found on the internet which to me is quite appealing. It’s said to be with 129 facets (I think so as it’s of a Star 129 cut) from Shiny Precious Gems

602D2B12-2A92-4971-88B4-5CFB0ECB3333.jpeg

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
I have a grey moissanite in a jubilee cut from Mona.

I tried to take a video to capture the firey dispersion but my phone amps up the blue way too much and tones down the fire and rainbows. To my eyes it's a medium grey with a touch of blue.

The true colour is more like this (taken in shade)

The rainbows from moissy are just fantastic :kiss2:

On the wishlist is an asscher hex in grey like this one from GrayGirlJewelry on Etsy :kiss2::

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I have a grey moissanite in a jubilee cut from Mona.

I tried to take a video to capture the firey dispersion but my phone amps up the blue way too much and tones down the fire and rainbows. To my eyes it's a medium grey with a touch of blue.

The true colour is more like this (taken in shade)

The rainbows from moissy are just fantastic :kiss2:

On the wishlist is an asscher hex in grey like this one from GrayGirlJewelry on Etsy :kiss2::

it looks so pleasing~ I think the greyish hue combined with its fire is so cool, and the contrast between a body colour which is not sort of open or hot bright, and the rainbow firework is just beautiful. And is there a trend lately, may be just my impression at PS, that grey hue or sometimes the so called "metallic" types of colour of CS are increasingly popular?

It's also like a grey blue motana sapphire with one more dimension, isn't it? May be~^^

Btw, your ring looks delicate!

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
it looks so pleasing~ I think the greyish hue combined with its fire is so cool, and the contrast between a body colour which is not sort of open or hot bright, and the rainbow firework is just beautiful. And is there a trend lately, may be just my impression at PS, that grey hue or sometimes the so called "metallic" types of colour of CS are increasingly popular?

It's also like a grey blue motana sapphire with one more dimension, isn't it? May be~^^

Btw, your ring looks delicate!

Greys are definitely starting to fall more into favour. Diamonds/white stones will always be popular, but there will be some people, like me, looking for something "different" to a white stone (but not opaque like a black stone) that can still be worn with anything.

I'm a coloured stone girl at heart, so I love me some rubies, emeralds and sapphires, but grey is my goes-with-anything pick =)2

Are you looking at getting a moissanite?
Shiny Precious Gems has a cut called "The Power Behind" that I love love love. Also on the wish list!!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t have any usual color moissanites anymore but I do have some gemstones cut by Jim (shinyprecious) like the one in my avatar. I have bought Asscher shapes in lab diamond’s and sapphires but the one Jim cut in this aquamarine is very exceptional and I love the high crown.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I have two pink OEC moissanites from Joseph Schubach, AZ. I will have to post pics. I love pink moissy and I don't see it too often. The greys and blues and greens are pretty too.

That sounds gorgeous~ I don’t think I have seen any pink moissy~

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
And a very nicely cut, it’s said to be OEC, but looks more like transitional or mrb with fatter arrows~
768D23D2-E42B-4E75-BE31-579D2E25EA81.jpeg

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Honestly I forgot I even had this in the jewelry box. In the past two years with this freaking Covid going on and all that we had to do and all that we had to save for before we bought my diamond we bought a Moissanite. I had it designed and loved it. But then we bought our house and I found an incredible deal on a diamond and it just sat in the jewelry box. So last night I’m reading the forms and I look over at my husband and tell him honey gold in the jewelry box for me go find my Moissanite please lol. He looks at me like I have five heads but anyway he was a good sport about it and he found the blue box and he brings it out and I looked at him and I said why don’t know where this every day because the diamond is quite large and not to be worn every day, and he goes I don’t know honey why don’t you and we just had a good laugh. 42C9052D-E1EC-42F8-B033-126B8AB65DD3.jpeg

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
I know this is an older thread, but I saw it and wanted to comment on the pink Moissanite in case someone reads this thread and considers buying pink.

Pink moissanite is made by color coating the moissanite. The coating will eventually wear off, which can cause the stone to look dull and lifeless.

However, with the price of moissy some people won’t mind this and can just replace it when this happens. Just something I wanted to mention!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is an older thread, but I saw it and wanted to comment on the pink Moissanite in case someone reads this thread and considers buying pink.

Pink moissanite is made by color coating the moissanite. The coating will eventually wear off, which can cause the stone to look dull and lifeless.

However, with the price of moissy some people won’t mind this and can just replace it when this happens. Just something I wanted to mention!
Thanks for posting this, I didn’t know it or pens much time researching the related. That makes me wonder which colours is or isn’t coated~

I do agree moissy is not something terribly expensive though.

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock

The coating is typically only damaged by high heat by a jeweler's torch or by ultrasonic cleaning. If you avoid these 2 things the coating doesn't wear off. I have had mine for years and I clean them using appropriate methods (luke warm soapy water and a baby toothbrush or soak in JewelBrite). They are as beautiful (and pink!) as the day I got them. :)
If having work done on it, just make sure to tell a jeweler it is a coated stone (the pavilion of the stone is where the coating is), and not to apply heat when setting and not to clean in an ultrasonic. It is easy to work around this. Everyone from David Klass to Joe Schubach to DanielM sets colored moissy no problem.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
8 x 10 champagne (special order) rose cut center stone, with side rose cut moissys. I don't believe this stone is coated. The ring usually comes with a white center stone, but I need color in my rings. Rose cut.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I just had this made for my sister for Christmas! She loves a toi et moi and wanted some grey and green sparkle. She's going to love it. :bigsmile:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
8 x 10 champagne (special order) rose cut center stone, with side rose cut moissys. I don't believe this stone is coated. The ring usually comes with a white center stone, but I need color in my rings. Rose cut.jpg

how have I not seen this?!? this is beautiful

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Nice!!! Who made it for you?
Vijay over at GoldenBirdJewellery on Etsy! He made some minor tweaks for me in the band and cut the stones to spec for me. He did it in about a month, too!

that is stunning!!!!

My sister loves this look, and these colors, but doesn't really buy jewelry so I thought it would be a nice little thing to do for her. Yes to all the sparkly goodness, without the pain of mucho money! I cant wait for her to get it :appl:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Vijay over at GoldenBirdJewellery on Etsy! He made some minor tweaks for me in the band and cut the stones to spec for me. He did it in about a month, too!

My sister loves this look, and these colors, but doesn't really buy jewelry so I thought it would be a nice little thing to do for her. Yes to all the sparkly goodness, without the pain of mucho money! I cant wait for her to get it :appl:

That color and style AND texture and..just everything..man that is chic!!! just beautiful <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results