shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your champagne diamonds in white gold!

NightOwlInCanada

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for inspiration for my 1.67 champagne diamond reset.
She's in a rose gold antique setting that doesn't do her justice... so if you have a champagne or light brown diamond set in anything white gold, I'd love to see it!
I especially would like to see halo type settings.
Thanks in advance!

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I have multiple pictures of my champagne diamond in this thread:

NightOwlInCanada

Rough_Rock
Here's a halo option that I also considered, but decided to go with the white gold to match my wedding band:

Yellow gold halo ring 2.jpg Yellow gold halo ring.jpg

Beautiful!
My diamond is lighter than your though, it's the one in my profile pic... Could you post a pic of your final setting choice?

NightOwlInCanada

Rough_Rock
She's in a rose gold antique setting that doesn't do her justice... so if you have a champagne or light brown diamond set in anything white gold, I'd love to see it!
Thanks in advance!

ETA : The actual diamond I'm looking to reset is the one on my profile pic.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!
My diamond is lighter than your though, it's the one in my profile pic... Could you post a pic of your final setting choice?

Sure, this is the setting I have now. And there are hand shots here:

Champagne diamond engagement ring.jpg

Last edited:

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I have a fancy yellow Moissanite in almost the same setting as my champagne diamond above: 14k white gold with moissanite pave. It looks really nice, but it's in my safety deposit at the bank. I was planning on heading over there this morning. If I get the ring today, I'll post pictures later. But check out this link. I was thinking about resetting my fancy yellow stone in the yellow gold halo above, and I found this for inspiration.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I think white gold is the way to go. It really showcases the color of the champagne diamond, whether fancy brown or fancy yellow. I will try to find more pictures online if I can't get my ring today. Edit: I found some pictures. Edit #2. I know you want a halo, but I am in love with the first option, below, simple and elegant.

Last edited:

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
@doberman has a stunning halo ring with a fancy yellow diamond in avatar/profile pic, copying another thread into here so you can see it.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love white gold to make the stone pop with color but I do prefer yellow gold for the prongs as it will enhance the color of the diamond.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks in advance!

Honestly, I feel like white metals wash out lighter brown stones. I recently had a brownish yellow (it's a light brown color similar to yours) reset from Platinum to a Yellow Gold setting with a white gold head. I also have a darker brown diamond set in white gold and it looks nice but it's the contrast between the darker stone and white metal.
20200617_155016.jpg 117736817_1640508939437949_1515241989961938083_n.jpg 89066159_203938250693361_8276098995219070976_n(1).jpg

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
This is mine. Sold to me as a light champagne diamond. I bought it off LT with the intention of resetting into a white gold halo. But now I think it is too pale and it won’t have enough contrast by the way it looks in its current setting. I’m now leaning towards a gold/rose gold setting 197CC562-8872-411A-8B4D-F68A700531A6.jpeg

NightOwlInCanada

Rough_Rock
This is mine. Sold to me as a light champagne diamond. I bought it off LT with the intention of resetting into a white gold halo. But now I think it is too pale and it won’t have enough contrast by the way it looks in its current setting. I’m now leaning towards a gold/rose gold setting 197CC562-8872-411A-8B4D-F68A700531A6.jpeg

I would be interested in seeing it in a white gold halo! My diamond in rose gold looks awful (in my opinion at least).

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I took a closer look at your stone, it's a beautiful light yellow. Are you still thinking about white gold? @Nikki1415 made a good point about yellow gold bringing out the color in hers. I love her yellow gold setting. What did you think about this yellow gold halo? The center stone is a similar shade to yours.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stonehunter20
I always loved the Tiffany Soleste with a yellow diamond. But then I just didn't want to do a double halo. Leon thought it would look good, I probably should have listened to him!

@NightOwlInCanada
A champagne diamond would look great in a halo of white diamonds. Champagne is just a very light yellow. You want to play up the color with contrast. 18kt gold would look nice, but I like platinum too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results